Tiny dart points

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Here are three little dart points (For the lack of a better term) that I found a couple of years ago. They will each easily fit on a nickel. The field had just been turned. I was worried about stepping into an air pocket and turning my ankle. I stepped over from one "hill" to another and saw one of the black ones right beside my foot. I picked it up and took about five steps and found the other black one. I found the triangle point a while later. The owner looked at them and said "How in the world did you see those?" He said that he couldn't have found those on his front porch, much less the newly turned field. I told him that I was just very lucky that day.

He laughs and tells everybody that I remind him of a beagle hound trying to find a rabbit when I walk up and down the tobacco rows.

Thanks for looking!

Brian

Attachments

• Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 513
  • Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 509
Upvote 0

razor

Apr 29, 2007
Hold the phone Brian. Maybe I'm the one that needs to appologize. My intensions were not to argue with you, but just to support the statement made by cannonman. To be honest, I enjoyed your pics and found the differant terminologies interesting. So please accept my appology and know that my post was not ment to be confrontational, but to support another member of the forum. Ray

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
razor said:
Hold the phone Brian. Maybe I'm the one that needs to appologize. My intensions were not to argue with you, but just to support the statement made by cannonman. To be honest, I enjoyed your pics and found the differant terminologies interesting. So please accept my appology and know that my post was not ment to be confrontational, but to support another member of the forum. Ray

Ray, sorry to take so long in responding. I have been extremely busy for the past few weeks. That was a really bad day all the way around. I reacted to your post the wrong way. I normally wouldn't have.

No problem at all on my end. I appreciate your posts and look forward to seeing your new finds.

Good luck man!

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
luckyinkentucky said:
WOW! Keep those babies coming. I love small points. Adena-Man ... I always called those Mississippian Points, but I guess it's all symantecs. ;D

Thanks Lucky! The field where those three came from is getting ready to be plowed. I found a quartz discoidal in the same area where these points came from. Can't wait to hunt it again!

Good luck!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little points guys. Here a few of my smaller specimens.

Attachments

• Pics-344.jpg
    Pics-344.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Artifact Pictures 037.jpg
    Artifact Pictures 037.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 221

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys got better eyes then me. I can hardly see them on the computer screen. Beautiful points. Good luck.
Mainer

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ohio said:
Nice Ft. Ancient points. Pottery? Bone?
Chuck

In AZ I would find my pottery shards and bone (from animal) on ridges overlooking blue lines (water sources) both present and past.

Stryker

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dorkfish where ye at--what state? Those are some very nice points you got there. Great looking display and I see some nice drills there too. :wav:

Stryker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread