Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few that I found the other day. Now... Cannonman... even I am sure that these are the real deal :wink: By the way.... the more that I mess with this scanner, the more I understand what you meant by speaking of the need for clear photos. Thanks for all of the advice and your posts on my other things. I do appreciate them all.

Attachments

• April1 finds.JPG
    April1 finds.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
luckyinkentucky said:
I like that clear piece. Anyone know what that material is?

Thanks :D I assumed it was some kind of quarts. Whatever it is, there is a ton of that material (in the way of flakes) in my area.

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
Cool!! New scanner and you got 2 out of 3 this time! Both the quartz ones are points, that other in the lower left is not though.. That quartz point in the middle, if found here, would be considered a classic example of a durst stemmed. Good finds Airborne!

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cannon. I don't know if its common or not, but so far, its rare that I find the same kind. I have a fishtail, side notched, corner notched, etc. Did the various Indians make and use different styles, or are they from different "tribes"? I was sure that the one on the left was a Morrow Mountain. They are found quite often in this area.

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
tribes have nothing to do with it really... that's common misconception.. I'll hear question like what trible made that there point (looking at a clovis) and I'll say I don't know, it's 10,000 years old... nobody knows. So different point types really weren't a product of tribes as much as time periods and subsistence methods. But yeah, over the past 10,000+ years there have been many different types manufactured... the longer your site was used and camped on the more different point types you will find. :icon_jokercolor:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice points airborne. Do you find a lot of quartz points in your area? We have a lot of quartz here but I havent seen any quartz points in my area, although I'm sure they probably made some at some point or another. keep up the good work.
Mainer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread