Why do you use the screen name you use?

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this in Artifacts because I figured this would make for a smaller and more pointed (pun intended) discussion--since a lot of this forum's names relate to artifacts.

So please moderator do not move it.

My name is Stryker-one for three reasons.

1. I work on aircraft (my 3rd career)--mostly big (skycranes) turbine powered helicopters that we use for forrest fire fighting and I live in an Airpark that has for it's eastern boundary a road named Stryker.

2. I overhaul piston engine ignition magnetos (as a sideline) in my hanger under the business name of Stryker Industries L.L.C. (I also have a website www.stryker-industries-llc.com) not advertising!

3. If I had another son I would have named him Stryker (the one I have is named Stetson) for some reason I like the name Stryker. I also will name my next dog "Jar". So perhaps I am a little different when it comes to naming things but it works for me. :D

These are the reasons I chose Stryker-one as my handle.

I mean some names will be obvious to us. If you all will respond it will make us a little closer--not touchy feely, just kinda in the know.

Stryker

Upvote 0

SteveDodds

Dec 9, 2006
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
My screen name comes from David Spade's character name in the movie Black Sheep. Steve Dodds is kind of an alias for me. Steve is my alter ego. If I go out partying I always use the name Steve. I was a bouncer at a bar and I would always use this name. Whenever I sign up for something online I quite often use this name. I even started practicing how to sign the name Steve Dodds. If some chick says to me Hi whats your name? I say my name is Steve. What people dont know aint gonna hurt em.

OP
OP
stryker-one

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff yall. Thank you for stepping up.

Stryker

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
::) ::) ::) :P
jeez.jpg

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine's pretty self-explanatory...

God is Number 1 in my life. :wink:

Bran <><

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting "treasures" for over 40 years, it just seemed appropriate to me. When I was strictly a point collector in the early 80's my handle on arrowhead sites was creekwalker, for the simple reason I walked streams and creeks looking for artifacts. When I got into metal detecting it became Treasure Hunter, it covers all aspects of my addiction.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I chose mine because I'm a big dork who likes to fish. lol

I'm just kidding. I got the name from a Bill Engvall song of the same name and have just always liked the word. I had always thought about using it as a screen name, but just never did, but when I went to sign up here I just said what the heck and used it.

Deuce777

Greenie
Mar 26, 2008
I am a lobsterman on the coast of Maine and fish out of a fisherman's co-op. About to 2 years ago a couple good friends of mine that I work with and around gave me the nickname Deuce, and it stuck! The sevens are because it's my favoite number and it took 3 of them to make the name work on this site. Not a real interesting story but all I got! Lol

Deuce

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
My screen name relates to my hobbies , bottle digging, artifact hunting, and metal detecting. When I find these treasures (under)ground I (take) them. Im sure if I had thought about it I could have come up with a better screen name.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Well, you've done it. You talked my into changing my name on here. This one is so much more appropriate.

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not very creative ... JIM (my nick name) Be Huntin (what I like to do with my metal detector) ... I wish I could do artifact hunting but it's tough in my area (swamps, big water, black dirt, no rocks) ... there have been a handful of nice artifacts found here over the years mostly in fields or along the shore line of the Albemarle Sound or Alligator River when the tide is out.

OP
OP
stryker-one

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah!! Thanks a lot folks. I knew we had some good reasons for picking our handles.

That is too bad Jim about your part of the country not having any good artifact hunting--I am beginning to think that might be the case here in Oregon (western part :D)

Stryker

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Haha mine has absolutly nothing to do with artifact hunting, but it does have something to do with my other hobby. Play guitar.

There are lyrics from a song that go something like this. "Johnny says he's bound by only six strings to this world, Johnny says he keeps them always one turn out of tune."

It's a pretty fitting song.

Thanks.

JohnnyX

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
I chose mine because that truly fits me..."alwayslookin" for something..be it artifact, great fishing spot, garage sale finds metal detecting ....etc

Dave

luckyinkentucky

Feb 29, 2008
Owensboro, Kentucky
For 1 reason.

I went deer hunting with an elderly gentleman last fall, and shot a 10 point buck at 150 yds. with open sights on my Marling 1895 guide gun in 45-70 Gov't. The kicker was that we had just sat down to get settled in, and he was working on loading his rifle. I startled him with a big BANG to say the least. ;D We had only been there for less than 5 minutes. On the way to check out my shot he said ... "You have to be the luckiest guy in Kentucky. Opening day of gun season and 5 minutes in, and you shoot the deer we all wanted!" Later, I got to thinking about it ... I am pretty fortunate. I have a lot of things in my life happen like this. I can't explain it, but 'Luck' follows me everywhere I go. When I fish I always catch my fill of keepers. When I hunt I always bag my limit. When I rock hunt I almost always have at least 1 'caseable' point to show for the trip. I can't explain it .... I'm just lucky! :thumbsup:

Flintfinder

Mar 31, 2008
Troy, Mo
Years ago I was talking to an elderly lady and I told her that I loved to go arrowhead hunting and find Arrowheads. She says Oh your one of those Flint finders, after thinking for a secound or two, I said Yes,  Hmm I thought...... I guess thats what I am .... ::)  John   
db131e94.jpg

A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

I have always had a penchant for the esoteric. The story of Atlantis has always fascinated me and personally I believe it did exist in one form or another....many of the world's greatest "myths" had basis in fact. The 0077 is a phone number and had to be added to my hotmail address because plain old Atlantis was taken....it just carried over. I have used the handle Atlantis for many years...far before the Internet actually...long story...suffice to say it is my alter ego. 8)

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread