April 25th & 26th

coalfire

Dec 16, 2006
East Coast
April 25th & 26th

Greetings all it has been some time since I stopped by. I got to say there are some excellent finds on here as always and I want to thank everyone for showing them. In the photo below I am showing a nice piece of pottery. (not bad for t plowed field find! They are plowing as I write this) It is also one of 5 types I have been finding and by far the largest. This one is scored in the basic criss-cross style, orange/ yellow on the outside (and a burnt black inside.) type, the other is more of a Scored slate blue/ black outside and burnt black inside also.
Below that is a nice little hammer stone with finger holes on both sides. It is one of three from this small field. As pointed at but not as visible is my first complete Quartz point. While it is tiny and only a woodland age point, it is my first. (I can't explain it but it was my "White Whale".)
Now this field is small and all I have found leads me to think there is or was a camp, village nearby. The odd thing is the point to the right of the shard of pottery. This is different type of stone, an older design. I wonder if I am only hitting the woodland era layer of soil and more lies below? The farmer said he would not mind if I dig so...
Hope you all like the finds, any comments would be great.

I am still thinking about starting a paper newsletter with photos if anyone is interested???
Later
~Z~

Attachments

• 2008 April.JPG
    2008 April.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0
P

pickaway

Re: April 25th & 26th

Looks like ya been doing good nice finds...

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: April 25th & 26th

you lucky dog...and I am surrounded by indian territory here and have yet to eyeball a arrowhead.. I guess my ole eyes are to bad for seeing em..sooner or later I am hoping to find ONE arrowhead here. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread