Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those of you who have not followed my and Cannonman's debate about this item, her is the brief. I am convinced that it is in fact an arrowhead and probably a Morrow Mountain. He is 99% certain that it is just a rock. My scanned pics do not depict the proper thicknesses and other features. This particular material and the fact that it has been in a river for who knows how long, seems to rarely show clear flaking marks. So... I took these photos this morning and I hope that they are clear enough to help me decide. Do I add it to my collection or throw it into the garden? All thoughts and opinions are welcomed... as long as they side with me :wink:

Attachments

• MM surface.jpg
    MM surface.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 846
  • MM Base.jpg
    MM Base.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 694
  • Morrow Tip.jpg
    Morrow Tip.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 677
  • MMside.jpg
    MMside.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 775
Upvote 0

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pics still aren't clear enough, but those materials you find in your region don't reflect the chipping pattern as much as other materials either :icon_profileleft:

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Airborne...we need to pitch in and get you a different camera or something. Trying to make out your pics drives me bonkers..lol. I can't determine anything for positive from the pics, but it's leaning towards the geofact side. I reserve the right to lean the other way pending better images though!

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neanderthal said:
Airborne...we need to pitch in and get you a different camera or something. Trying to make out your pics drives me bonkers..lol. I can't determine anything for positive from the pics, but it's leaning towards the geofact side. I reserve the right to lean the other way pending better images though!
Noooooooo! You must belieeeeeve me!!! It's real I tell ya! It's reeeeeeeeeeeal!

OP
OP
Airborne80

Airborne80

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Classic
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CarolinaDigs said:
Ahhhhhh come on guys ::) The mans found an arrowhead :thumbsup: A very old arrowhead :thumbsup:

That's why I have always loved you!!! :wink:

Ohio_Doug

Dec 5, 2007
Southeast Ohio
Very well COULD be an arrowhead. problem is with the pic, it's just not clear enough to get the details. Not to bust your bubble but I could go out in my driveway right now and find a rock with that same shape that I could easily call an arrowhead. What you have there could very well be the real deal but without good pics we can only guess here. So all I really have to say is BUY A FRICKEN DIGITAL CAMERA ALREADY!!! LOL.

K

Kentucky Kache

No expert here, but my guess would be just a rock. But, If not convinced, holding on to it wouldn't hurt.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This rock/point as had more deliberation than any I've seen, so in my books it's famous, I would frame it just for that reason. ::)

Molly. :wink:

Attachments

• mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,030
  • mammoth.gif
    mammoth.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,022

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but I agree 100% with Cannonman, it's a natural rock. I found litterly hundreds upon hundreds of rocks shaped something like an arrowhead, no matter how much I wished they were points, sadly they were still rocks.

I found so many points in the water in streams and on sandbars of the Missouri river, none ever lost all the flaking and yet kept the bumps, lumps and general surface of a natural rock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions