Been on a run , for a while....

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?
While I was thinking [procrastinating ] about writing my last post , about “little arrow-heads” . My mind just wondered off....it does that every now and then , and that’s O.K. Because it occasionally brings home something worth looking at . Now these thoughts are often quite chewed-up and fragmented , by the time I get to see them . I started to ponder these thoughts..... they seemed so innocent .
These “innocent” thoughts started out with well, its been a “few” years or a “while” since I found a little point , but on the other hand , “lately” I’ve been on a “run” of larger points , hmm.. Perhaps, my eyes are starting to go ! This “run” started, when ? Back in Iowa I know ? But the last one came as a chance find , out here in the high desert , of California . Apparently I’ve stopped hunting points out here in California, I don’t know when I stopped , but I believe it” co-insides with not finding any little ones!!
Now , as I stated earlier these thoughts seemed innocent enough, individually they properly are . But , I wanted to see the “ Big Picture” so I thought... Now , I needed some “common thread” to tie all this thoughts together , Hmm... “few years” , “while” , “lately” , Ha, time the common thread ! Now a time reference , a known point in time . My “run” of the last five large points began ... in Iowa ... when I went back for Grandma Pearls service , ...June 2000 !!! Eight ...Years .. Five points in eight years........I haven’t been “right” the past couple of weeks , but I’m crying a whole lot less last couple of days...
Enjoy the pic.’s of my latest “run”....Eight years worth...Don’t ya know .
[/img]

In time sequence from L to R [3rd. -4th. ] reversed

June 2000 ; First of the “run” , after securing permission to hunt the field, I’d had to make one pass though it, before the “big hunt” with my bother and cousin the following day , weedy but probably the only field in Iowa that didn’t have a crop in . This is the only point that I know the type , when I first laid my eyes on it , I laughed out “look at that Dorkey one” [ poss. From Dorkfish’s people ??] .
2nd. ; My brother had never hunted this field before, I gave him the “lay-out” , then let him walk the “best”area , I would stay back and “fringe” hunt till he found one , well I found this hematite adze before he found his point [he finely did] . I called him over to see this “brown blade” in situ. , when I picked it up the weight alone [1/4lb.?] made me take a second look, the “brown” started coming off on my hand [from sweat/ drool?] to expose the metallic gray!!
Sept. 2002; Back in Iowa for Grandmas 90th. / and my 3rd of this “run” . I took my Dad out , to a field where they where harvesting corn . I spotted this one from 50+ft. , impressed my Dad , surprised the heck out of me!!!
May 2003; 4th. Brown knife ,found in same field as above ...

Well, a few years back; the 5th and final [??] one of my “run” , a chance find in the high desert of So. Calf.

Well, they are all nice points ........BUT EIGHT BLOODY YEARS !!!!!

Damaged , but truthfully ; Blind Pig

Attachments

• JPEGbigfive.jpg
    JPEGbigfive.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread