indain trade beads -glass seed beads - willing to trade for arrow heads (gone)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
this is a purplish / deep blue one --- (a type 45 -4 as IDed by the florida state of san luis misson *website) ---- mission san luis was wrecked in 1704 by the english --- my trading post / mission was wrecked in 1702 also by a english raiding party --they were headed to st augustine but failed to take it --but they wiped out the spanish missions / trading post in north florida on the way down south bound to st augustine ----needless to say these are rare and hard to find "eyeball only" find ---the place I got them from is now thanks to my local county's wise leadership being turned into a fishing peir parking lot. :protest: --so this is it folks * theres no getting any more where these came from ---these are the real deal --- 1700 time frame indain trade glass "seed" beads --- I have 4 colors --- deep blue -- light blue --pinkish and milky white ---feel free to "compare" my beads with the state archies ones at the site below . ---- click on "see the ollection" --the scroll to "beads"-- the blue ones match # 45 - 4

http://www.missionsanluis.org/research/collection/index.cfm

I have---- 36 of the deep blue --12 robin egg blue ---12 rose pink ---and 12 milky white -- the shape and size are all alike -- just ike the deep blue ones shown in the photo below.

12 for 1 arrowhead --- all 72 for 5 arrowheads .----- PM me if your interested .

Attachments

• Indian Beads001.JPG
    Indian Beads001.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,069
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Re: indain trade beads

they are the old style ceramic / glass type beads --these were found at an Indian allies / Spanish mission trading post site in Nassau county , Florida burnt down by English raiders WHO came across the border from Georgia during 1702.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice Trade Beads. I have a buddy who has found quite a few of them in our area on an old village site.I have only found one, but it's a nice blue multi-faceted one.

You can see it in this picture at the bottom center.

Attachments

• Artifact Pictures 024.jpg
    Artifact Pictures 024.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,545
  • Artifact Pictures 024.jpg
    Artifact Pictures 024.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,022
OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

that is the much largertype bead and way cool I might add ---mine it is clear to see (look at the cent for sizing) are the finer sized ones used in bead work on clothing -- of the type common with the cherokee indains type items

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

yah there was an old spanish misson named SANTA MARIA on amelia island the place was destroyed in 1702 by raiding english forces headed south from georgia towards St Augustine --basically everything on the island was torched. ---the beads are from around 1702 -

blindpig

Sep 29, 2007
So. Cali
Detector(s) used
Well,.Sometimes ?

Hi all , figured I’d throw my two cents in here , anyway got out sat. , first time in a long time . It was more of a walk down memory lane then anything . One thought I had was ,about finding seed-beads .
I’ll start at the beginning , In around 1804? To about 1820 +/- the Russians traded cobalt-blue beads for fur , Spain didn’t control Alta California , own yes . So now we have some cobalt-blue Russian trade beads in and around San Diego County , not yet in my collection . Now to have a truly “good” collection around here you need to have , lets say one blue Russian trade-bead ! About 25 yrs . Ago I was looking through a friends collection and I was surprised to see maybe a doz. Or so beads . Well, ends-up that he’s as surprised that I don’t have any !! He assured me that I was looking in the right areas , but probably not looking for them correctly ? He told me first , you need to get down low, on all fours and look out at 6ft. + . . Why? Well, maybe hard to believe but these beads lay hole up 99% of the time , the hole full of dirt when you look down on them , you would see the dirt ,with a tiny bit of dark-blue around them ,very hard to see . But ,when your way down low , sun on your back , you will see a very bright blue side of the bead . He had been told this by a very-experienced collector .
Well , a few yrs. Later I was crawling one of my favored areas , and out at 6+ ft there was this bright blue dot , I know what it was !! I crawled over it had a look straight down gone ... , hole up as he said . Anyway, it worked ONCE for me .
So , remember when you have the “seed-bead need” Stop ,Drop and Crawl with the sun on your back

Sincerely; Blindpig

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Re: indain trade beads -glass seed beads - willing to trade for arrow heads (photo)

there now they got a picture to see. ;D

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: indain trade beads -glass seed beads - willing to trade for arrow heads (photo)

hey blindpig, I have had very good luck crawling on hands and knees with my knee pads on and a pair of leather gloves

more people should try this, but I would only recommend this in a high percentage area because you can't cover much ground

OP
OP
ivan salis

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
all 72 sold for 5 arrowheads ;D --told ya these would go fast .

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: indain trade beads -glass seed beads - willing to trade for arrow heads (go

Congrats Ivan Sails ! :thumbsup:

beadman2

Jan 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no need to get on your knees....just put hands behind back...look for holes and the colors.....they r there if you got the right site...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread