Found another rock with carvings

KYHeadHunter

Jul 16, 2007
Kentucky
The carvings are a little hard to make out. On the left is a figure of a person and on the right is some type of animal. You can see that there are four legs, a tail and what seems to be ears. I can't tell much about what the face looks like. Above the animal is a circle which I'm guessing is sun/moon.

Attachments

• DSC01975.JPG
    DSC01975.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 953
Upvote 0
M

mickey

very interesting. would like to see more pictures. try highlighting the engraving with white chalk or white colored pencil to make it easier to see. is there anything on the back? thanks.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Wow...That's cool. 8) I wonder how many of this type artifact has been passed up not knowing what it was.

Very nice find.

Randy

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like something I would draw. Very cool find. I wonder if the rock was used to communicate to another in some way or just somebody doodling. Thanks for sharing that.
TnMountains

OP
OP
K

KYHeadHunter

Jul 16, 2007
Kentucky
Kentucky Kache: I'm not aware of any rock or tree carvings in the area.

Americus: I really should not have made it sound like I found it. I've got thousands of artifacts that came from my grandparents farm. I found lots years ago, but I have no idea which ones. This could have been picked up by anyone in my family. I had no idea this image was even on this rock and I don't think anyone else in my family did either. I've also added a picture of a pendant that was found on the same farm. I was looking closley at it one day and noticed that there was a dog or wolf carved on it. I then thought I should check out the other rocks I had that were made out of the same material and that's when I ran across it. The dog is not very noticable on the pendant until you hold it at a certain angle and I had it for a while before I caught it.

Mickey: I tried drawing over the images. I'm not sure if I got all the markings and some of the ones I did mark could be accidental scratches. There is nothing on the back

Thanks

Attachments

• PIC1.JPG
    PIC1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 457
  • PIC1.JPG
    PIC1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 446
  • PIC2.JPG
    PIC2.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 446
  • PendantFront.JPG