60.8 KB · Views: 459
Upvote 0

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, I'll give it a try, there's a rock pile of Quartz where i hunt. Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

Molly. :wink:

P

pickaway

i've looked in them before, havent found anything yet...

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up looking. Remember the farmers does all the work for you so that you have the entire field concentrated in one place. But be sure to ask permission to search.

StevefromMissouri

Jun 26, 2008
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I heard of this several years ago and did a little poking around the field perimeters, but only found a few grinders and such. What kind of finds have you found? Any pics of some of the goodies? Thanks!!!

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll stick to looking for Quartz points in the feild, the contrast between white on red is far more easier to find them. Looking for quartz points in a quartz rock pile is frustrating, also one can't always tell if ones finding any flakes, most show no sign of workmanship.
It was like a needle in a haystack, not tollerable in this heat. :icon_sunny:
Still it was worth a try..
Molly. :D

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Molly I agree with you! I use the rock piles to look for meteorites and ax heads, fossils, etc., you know the big stuff. I never found an arrow head on a rock pile but I sure found lots of other interesting things. And when the fields are too muddy to hunt the piles are high and dry!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread