Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pic of my favorite finds, some of you may have seen these before in Today's finds back in Feb. ?A bear lance or dagger top left, a decorative trinket made from drilled stone (broken)top middle, a pipe stem made from petrified wood top right, very little decoration, basically a few dots in a loose pattern. ?Bottom left is a black jade adze in G10+ condition, a perfect specimen, bottom middle is the Eagle efigy pipe covered in ochre, no damage and on the bottom right is the fragment of stone bowl with the indian face carved into it c/w decoration of salish bird for an ear.
February142005.jpg

Upvote 0

futzman

May 29, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Those are some beautiful pieces Chris. I'd be having a heart-attack finding anyone of them! How long have you been hunting artifacts? You must have been hunting quite a few years to find stuff of that quality.

OP
OP
Chris in BC

Chris in BC

Mar 19, 2003
Langley
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Keene 5" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
futzman said:
Those are some beautiful pieces Chris.? I'd be having a heart-attack finding anyone of them!? How long have you been hunting artifacts?? You must have been hunting quite a few years to find stuff of that quality.
Hiya Futz, all these are by-products from mining, found while out panning gold. I don't actually hunt for artifacts anymore. The four items on the right side of that picture were all found the same afternoon along with various points and a few knives, was a great day. I have only had a collection for a few years, now I keep my eyes open for stuff all the time while mining. Thanks, Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread