New club starting in Greensboro, N.C.

Confedreb

Jun 2, 2007
Burlington, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMCIIb Teknetics T2 SE Whites 5900 Di Pro sl
I always see everyone posting, but none making an effort to get together. It's been mentioned in the past about starting a club. I will also ask again if there is interest in starting a club in the Triad area. There is so much history in and around the Piedmont Triad and Triangle. I also see alot of forum members in the area also, Lets give some feedback and look at starting something. If there is enough interest of course READ MODERN MINERS POST FROM WW PURKEY. This a good chance to start a club for central N.C.

Jeff

Litewings

Jun 5, 2008
Re: We need to start a club.

I like the idea. I'm in Summerfield, NC. (Just North of Greensboro.)

:D

Litewings

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Confedreb,
In this months Western & Eastern Treasure magazine I spotted this ad. William Purkey is trying to start a club in your area (Greensboro). He is currently trying to see how much interest there is. I contacted him and he is full steam ahead. He is currently checking with some sources on getting a new club successfully off the ground.
*Anyone interested should contact William right away so he knows there is more interest.
SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

-MM-

Attachments

• MVC-071S.JPG
    MVC-071S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 563
  • mag.jpg
    mag.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 553

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

We are in the process "hopefully" of starting a club in Greenville NC.

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ModernMiner,

Thanks for the heads up. Perhaps we will meet up.

Regards,
Mac

OP
OP
Confedreb

Confedreb

Jun 2, 2007
Burlington, N.C.
Detector(s) used

Thanks Modern Miner, I figured these guys were motivated enough to want to get together. Alright everyone start sending your e-mails.

Jeff

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Count 2 more in :icon_thumright: (Thomasville & Greensboro).

The better participation the better chance of a successful club.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd be interested but probably won't be able to make most of the meetings.

IronSpike

Silver Member
Feb 24, 2009
NC
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great meeting ya'll :icon_thumright:

Have no doubt this club will be successful. The rest of you NC guys should consider joining.

OP
OP
Confedreb

Confedreb

Jun 2, 2007
Burlington, N.C.
Detector(s) used
What a great organizational meeting we had today. For all who were not there you missed a good meeting. As Modern Miner said you need to join, this looks to be a great start. Contact Modern Miner or myself and we will get you headed in the right direction for our next meeting. Thanks to all who showed up today.

Jeff

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll stick my oar in the water also. A great start to a great club. I enjoyed meeting all of you and look forward to others joining our happy band.

There is a great deal of knowledge about MDing in NC in that photo. It is appreciated that y'all are willing to share what you know with us new guys.

We all owe a debit to William P. for deciding to do something about the vacuum that needed to be filled in the Piedmont area of NC.

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes... good start. Good bunch of guys. Where's the rest of you NC guys and gals?

I'd like to request that we sign our first names to our posts for a while until MM gets a list together that has our TN names and our real names so we know who we are. I know Doug...... you know who you are. :laughing7:

Bob

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ModernMiner said:
It was great to meet everyone today.

Folks,
Here is a picture of the members that showed up for our first meeting today in Greensboro.
The name picked for the new club is "Old North State Detectorists". By the way, "old" refers to the state, not the members. ;D
Notice, there are unfortunately no ladies YET, but hopefully that will change soon enough. I'll wear a dress for a while, .......
MM

If you wear that damn dress again, I QUIT. :tongue3:

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was good to meet everyone today and i hope to see everyone in a metal detecting or relic hunting capacity soon.
I`ll keep up my research for a possible future club hunt for all to enjoy in the future.
working 12 hours a day doesn`t even allow me to try on a dress thank goodness.
HH
Bill

Litewings

Jun 5, 2008
Looking forward to improving my skills with you guys and to having someone to detect with. Thanks to all who came out to help us get started and thanks to all those who are planning to join.

:hello2:

Litewings
(aka: Ron)

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job Doug :headbang:

How do we get in touch with the remaining 4?

Not much of a pay-pal guy so let me no where to send my check for the treasurer.

Bill

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im interested in the Greensboro club. Im in High Point. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread