Western NC

bacusa

Jun 25, 2012
WNC/ETN/SW VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got started in metal detecting(Garrett Ace 350 , and Pro-Pointer) for hobby. Live in Asheville, NC ,and own a farm in Bristol VA.Thanks for all of the great posts-a lot of great info from knowledgable folks.

Spent a week at the beach and now have the MD bug real bad! Found a lot of pocket change, a silver earring, 2 toys, and of course.....trash. Most importantly found out how fun metal detecting can be. I'm hooked!
Questions.....Any interesting sites to hunt in Western NC? Any clubs?
Thanks.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi again bacusa, mike from woodland detectors is the guy around there to contact. i will pm you too.

kenscott

Aug 25, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum SL
Primary Interest:
Other
I am also in the Asheville area and would like to know of any areas of interest.

OP
OP
bacusa

bacusa

Jun 25, 2012
WNC/ETN/SW VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kenscott said:
I am also in the Asheville area and would like to know of any areas of interest.

Hey Kenscott,
I've been MDing all of about two months, and have not found any good places.. All I have found is clad coins at a few of the buncombe parks. I guess I will resort to door knocking for permission in AVL, as I live in Arden, and everything around me is newer. Have no big glory finds yet, or great places to share news of. Wish I did. How about you, any luck locally?
I did hunt a neighbors family farm, and found an old spade (along with a million shotgun shells, and a million bullet casings). Unfortunately, that little farm didn't bear any fruit. With so much history around us, there has to be some great finds out there. I've been getting a little frustrated.
BC

kenscott

Aug 25, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum SL
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that Biltmore and the downtown area of Asheville would be the hottest places right off the top of my head.

I have heard that the equivalent of Fort Know was once right on the French Broad river below the Woodfin area. I will have to
dig into this a bit more. Also, there are a lot of old churches, ball fields, and the like which might make decent targets if permission is
received.

I have only used my older White's a few times and am still getting the hang of it. Once I find my first pieces, I know I will be hooked.

BTW, I am towards Leicester.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread