Anybody in the Salisbury, NC area

fishingdirt

Aug 24, 2013
Salisbury, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter, Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I know started this thread and then dropped of the radar. I am sorry for that. I am still around but I have been working out of town since July. I think I will be back in Salisbury soon. they tell me the end of Nov. I have met a few dirt fishers here in Morganton NC but haven't got to hunt here yet. I will try to do better at visiting. It just slips my mind with everything I have going. Thanks for keeping the thread alive. I have a few good places that I am allowed to hunt and one is highly sought after and very large. Hope to hunt soon!

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved to Albemarle area from Georgia, looking for dirt fishing pals.

int737

Greenie
Sep 4, 2013
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030 and Explorer SE pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ihatepoisonivy;
This message was forwarded to me today."Ok, maybe a phone number from a strange guy was to much..? How about an email exchange?"
If by forwarding my cell number via private message offended you, I apologize. I felt private messaging my cell to was safer then posting it on the thread.

I wish you the best of luck in your dirt fishing.

Rich

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rich , out if town but will be back in a couple days, hook up soon.

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmm..... not sure where that post went.

You might be having a long post somehow going to you Ihateposionivy. :dontknow:

Anyway.... thought I would revamp. Been gone for a while. My new job I work the weekend shift. So my days off are Tues - Weds - Thursday. I have been tossing around the idea of heading back over to "York Hill Boat Access" and do some more looking (on 02/19/2014). In case you guys don't know. York Hill has Civil War activity on it. Might be able to pull off something. All I know is that I found a gold ring amongst a lot of broken glass and crap. Who knows what you can find there.

:hello:

Last edited:

MikeBike

Greenie
Mar 12, 2014
Albemarle N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just moved to Albemarle area from Georgia, looking for dirt fishing pals.

:hello: Hey neighbor! Funny that you moved to Albehole from Ga., I'm hoping to make the opposite move.:laughing7:
I've just gotten into mding over the last couple of months but have the hunting bug bad already. We should get together for some local digs before the heat and chiggers crank up. I've found a handful of interesting spots and some promising spots where permission is needed but they could be real good.:find:

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Hey neighbor! Funny that you moved to Albehole from Ga., I'm hoping to make the opposite move.:laughing7: I've just gotten into mding over the last couple of months but have the hunting bug bad already. We should get together for some local digs before the heat and chiggers crank up. I've found a handful of interesting spots and some promising spots where permission is needed but they could be real good.:find:
Sounds great, I'm on the way to Ga for some MD through the rest of March but once I'm back I'm all for it. I have been over near the boat access ramp on both sides of the river and I haven't found anything worth mentioning...trying to locate some calonial activity on the other side of Albemarle, keep me posted on what you all come up with. Thanks!

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang.... I thought this forum just died. Now I see we do have some activity. I am still looking for places to go detecting at. However I found that most people that do this seem to hide the places they go looking at.

If anyone wants to go detecting anytime let me know. I am always looking for places to go hunting at.

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang.... I thought this forum just died. Now I see we do have some activity. I am still looking for places to go detecting at. However I found that most people that do this seem to hide the places they go looking at. If anyone wants to go detecting anytime let me know. I am always looking for places to go hunting at.

I'm all in, try the flat land area across from the boat ramp near I 85 crosses the river...just north of Salisbury , there has to be something there, from the boat ramp area I walked across the old bridge and then hung a right, to get down in it right close to the river

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmmm..... not sure where that post went. You might be having a long post somehow going to you Ihateposionivy. :dontknow: Anyway.... thought I would revamp. Been gone for a while. My new job I work the weekend shift. So my days off are Tues - Weds - Thursday. I have been tossing around the idea of heading back over to "York Hill Boat Access" and do some more looking (on 02/19/2014). In case you guys don't know. York Hill has Civil War activity on it. Might be able to pull off something. All I know is that I found a gold ring amongst a lot of broken glass and crap. Who knows what you can find there. :hello: Video Link: http://youtu.be/4X2iOqNaWRA
Nice video, thumbs up on the ring! I've been all over that place and haven't had any luck yet, on the other side of I 85 in the woods towards the North, the property owner is a ******* so don't tread over there lol

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about going over there. Is the owner the single wide mobile home that next to the old burnt down building?

Ihatepoisonivy

Feb 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought about going over there. Is the owner the single wide mobile home that next to the old burnt down building?
Other side of the river , across interstate from boat ramp. That's where the owner is. Flat area across river from boat ramp may have some good cs relics.

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been on the boat ramp side three times now. Other than finding the ring. The only thing I have found has been clad. I did find something that looked liked maybe a sabre. But it ended up looking more like a weird paint roller.

MikeBike

Greenie
Mar 12, 2014
Albemarle N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds great, I'm on the way to Ga for some MD through the rest of March but once I'm back I'm all for it. ..trying to locate some calonial activity on the other side of Albemarle, keep me posted on what you all come up with. Thanks!

I've got a spot in my cross hairs but need permission.

MikeBike

Greenie
Mar 12, 2014
Albemarle N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still looking for places to go detecting at. However I found that most people that do this seem to hide the places they go looking at.

If anyone wants to go detecting anytime let me know. I am always looking for places to go hunting at.

I see that you're off on t/w/th, I can squeeze out some free time here and there on those days, give me a holler and we'll go dig sometime. PM sent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread