All Treasure Hunting

wkrp43

May 24, 2013
western NC
Detector(s) used
F2...BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet. I'm in Polk county and frequent Rutherford a lot. Been banging my head on this subject too. The overmountain guys came thru here. Let me know if you find anywhere to go, and I'll do the same .. GL HH

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What about trying to get permission to hunt any private land near the King's Mountain battlefield? Didn't Tarleton and Ferguson chase the rebel militia all over that part of NC? Or am I just all wet? :dontknow:

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe there are some revolutionary war site only thing during the civil war i can find is stonemans raid and the hamby gang.

tracker444

Tenderfoot
Feb 28, 2015
Gastonia NC
Detector(s) used
+Fisher 1236x2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the Belcher mint where there are reports of buried gold then there is the lost gold on Round Top near Chimney Rock. Some think the Confederate gold is buried in Wilkes County .

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Been looking at maps from revolutionary war to civil war I'm in Caldwell county seems everything was below or on the eastern side of the state if you know of any historic areas in western NC please let me I'm close to the Spanish fort in morganton but its off limits. I'm looking for anything bandits who have unrecovered loot anything you can think of.

All kinds of history in WNC, if you come up Hwy 64 from Morganton toward Rutherfordton at the intersection with Hwy 226 turn right and as you come up the hill from the stop sign Approx. 1/4 mile John Sevier and the overmountain men spent two nights there at Bedford Hill because it was raining so much, as a student I drove the school bus and picked up kids at this location. Our community Dysartsville hosts the overmountain men every Oct. 1st and feed them at our community building. Also in same general area there is currently a search now to establish a location for the skirmish between the loyalists and the patriots at Cowan Ford. The first gold in the South Mountain belt was found in this same area around the foot of pilot Mtn. and that's another story all by itself, so yes there is all kinds of history in the area. One more mention the largest diamond ever recorded in North Carolina was with a couple of mile of Bedford Hill, I worked on the finder of the diamond son's farm as a boy tying sacks on a combine. I'll stop there.

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All kinds of history in WNC, if you come up Hwy 64 from Morganton toward Rutherfordton at the intersection with Hwy 226 turn right and as you come up the hill from the stop sign Approx. 1/4 mile John Sevier and the overmountain men spent two nights there at Bedford Hill because it was raining so much, as a student I drove the school bus and picked up kids at this location. Our community Dysartsville hosts the overmountain men every Oct. 1st and feed them at our community building. Also in same general area there is currently a search now to establish a location for the skirmish between the loyalists and the patriots at Cowan Ford. The first gold in the South Mountain belt was found in this same area around the foot of pilot Mtn. and that's another story all by itself, so yes there is all kinds of history in the area. One more mention the largest diamond ever recorded in North Carolina was with a couple of mile of Bedford Hill, I worked on the finder of the diamond son's farm as a boy tying sacks on a combine. I'll stop there.

I was looking up camp Vance the other day,sadly it looks like a bunch of houses are over the original site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread