Anyone in the Charlotte Area?

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
there is at least one club in the charlotte area and we do have posters on here from charlotte area, hopefully somebody will give you a shout. We are on east side of state
hh
dave+bobbie

OP
OP
G

GodOfCarrots

Mar 24, 2007
There are some cool sites around here. I'd love to go and do some digging around the Kings Mountain battlefield site! I'm very new at this, so I kind of just want to go out with a group of people and watch what they are doing. After seeing all of the cool things people have found.....I'm really wanting to go out soon too! Maybe I will have a bit of beginners luck!

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
KM Battlefield is off limits. I am a member of the Metal Detecting Association of the Carolina's (MDAC), we meet in Matthews once a month and have a club hunt once a month. (plus several of us group up on off weekends to hunt).

If your interested let me know.

OP
OP
G

GodOfCarrots

Mar 24, 2007
nc-joe said:
KM Battlefield is off limits. I am a member of the Metal Detecting Association of the Carolina's (MDAC), we meet in Matthews once a month and have a club hunt once a month. (plus several of us group up on off weekends to hunt).

If your interested let me know.

Yeah, I'm really interested! I don't have a MD'er yet, but is it still cool if I came along?

D

diggin-it-up

Hey, I'm also new here and new to metal detecting. I live in Concord, nc. Thats close to Charlotte. Would love to go out on a hunt with group.

OP
OP
G

GodOfCarrots

Mar 24, 2007
diggin-it-up said:
Hey, I'm also new here and new to metal detecting. I live in Concord, nc. Thats close to Charlotte. Would love to go out on a hunt with group.

Sounds great to me! I will be getting a MD'er in about a month and a half!

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
diggin-it-up said:

I am in Concord, too.

OP
OP
G

GodOfCarrots

Mar 24, 2007
Well hey, if any of you would like to get together, let me know! Maybe we could organize something! I live in the University area of Charlotte which isn't all that far from Concord...maybe 15 minutes.

Treasure Seeker

Sep 7, 2005
Appleton, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Wisconsin but am currently on a project in the Charlotte area. I've been meaning to go do some detecting... I even have my detector there waiting to be used!

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in the area though -- project is coming to an end and I'm picking where I'm going to be working for the next 3-6 months.

I'd love to go out if I can squeeze a trip in before my project ends.

OP
OP
G

GodOfCarrots

Mar 24, 2007
Treasure Seeker said:
I live in Wisconsin but am currently on a project in the Charlotte area. I've been meaning to go do some detecting... I even have my detector there waiting to be used!

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in the area though -- project is coming to an end and I'm picking where I'm going to be working for the next 3-6 months.

I'd love to go out if I can squeeze a trip in before my project ends.

Sounds cool to me! It would be fun to plan something if your up to it! If anyone wants to meet, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]!!

OP
OP
G

GodOfCarrots

Mar 24, 2007
nc-joe said:
Any of you have a site in mind?

I'd like to check out the area around Brattonsville.....not sure if it's private property or not. Same thing with Kings Mountain....I WOULD LOVE to check out Kings Mountain.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
I will ask around, I know some people around Kings Mtn to see if I can secure some land to hunt, but it will be a fews weeks before I'm back that way.

OP
OP
G

GodOfCarrots

Mar 24, 2007
nc-joe said:
I will ask around, I know some people around Kings Mtn to see if I can secure some land to hunt, but it will be a fews weeks before I'm back that way.

Heck yeah! That would be awesome! I think Brattonsville, SC would be a cool spot as well...there was a skirmish or something down there...it's not too far away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread