gold sluicing in wnc

MrMarsHill

Jan 15, 2019
Mars Hill NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 300, current main user.
Garret AT Propointer, current main user.
Garrett GTAX750, classic machine and I love it!
Bounty hunter tracker iv, missing knob bought used on eBay... Still find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey man! I know this post is old, and I hope you found someone to help set up your sluice( and found lots of gold, lol!) But, I am looking for someone to do some treasure hunting with. I metal detect, bottle dig, creek walk, prospect, magnet fish, and just plain adventure. My parents are into metal detecting and magnet fishing. We kayak the french broad and magnet fish, look for old bottles etc. They are not available often though, and I hate to hunt alone. I dont mind coin shooting the parks and stuff by myself, but I cant even safely travel to some of my great Civil war sites etc by myself(No cell service, miles to civilization etc)... you need a partner. I have hundreds of signals on a site that has produced countless civil war bullets and buttons and other relics and literally just cant spend enough time there to retrieve even a portion of them. It would honestly take an overnight trip(maybe a weekend), but could be done in several days I imagine. Just gotta GET THERE and get some work done! I'm hoping you're still active here, I'd love to hear back from ya. I'm not looking to join/start a club etc. I just need a serious hunter I can head out with now and again and find some treasures. I have a written family history detailing the old 1800's "wilderness road" that Davy Crockett traveled on etc. As well as other family history that is pertinent to our hobby.I'm a huge local/general history buff and MASTER researcher and know of more possible spots than I can count, let alone properly search. I own and have studied ALL the books available on local history and have found old maps, diaries etc. I have several permissions, including a space used for community gatherings for almost 200 years, and a mill site that was first built in the 1790's! I even know the approximate location of a small abandoned silver mine less than 1/2 mile from my LOADED Confederate Civil war camp. I know of an Indian war battle site... one that is not in restricted areas and is only about 40 mins from asheville very near a known civil war battle. .. and CW river crossing! My family also owns lots of land with old logging roads etc. That are Mostly unexplored honestly. I dont want to share my spots with a group, you can understand I'm sure. I wouldnt mind another person if you know anyone? I'm sure my dad would tag along from time to time. I just cant do it all myself safely or reasonably. I can hunt for life in the areas that are easily acceptable, but I'm too cautious to head into these dense woods and swift creeks and rivers by myself without cellphone service or a PARTNER!I'm not looking for your spots either, I would even let you accompany me exclusively if youd like to keep your spots a secret. I just need to get out more often and get some REAL solid hunts in. Sitting around and KNOWING what I know drives me up the wall,lol! I'm currently researching to buy a sluice box and that is how I came across your post. If you still need help setting yours up, I'm there! I'd need help too, lol. I'll bring mine and we can run 2, lol! You have probably moved on, or moved up your equipment by now. Either way, I like to see a local person with similar interests. Most people think I'm crazy for metal detecting and collecting bottles, panning for gold etc. But it keeps me active, helps keep the parks etc clean, uncovers and preserves history, and personally it helps me be a happier person. I lose all my troubles when I'm hunting, lol. I'd prefer if you reply here if you wanna talk more. I dont usually seem to see my private messages. I'm also on IG @bonezcustoms if you wanna follow me and dm over there.
I really hope we can get together and find some relics and gold! I'm LITERALLY down for all types of treasure hunting... thats not an overstatement at all lol. Happy hunting brother, I'll probably run into you one day out there anyway lol.
Jim Brown
Bonez Customs and Collectables
@bonezcustoms on IG

OP
OP
WNCsweeper

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes 7.5 grams so far. Love to get out with you. I know some places and dig bottles, detect and want to do some magnet fishing. I live in weavervegas
Matt Cole
775-5574

OP
OP
WNCsweeper

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like to see your shop and show you my finds!

OP
OP
WNCsweeper

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swinging the Nokta Fors Core ....it’s deep and I love it Also have minelab Excalibar II but needs new battery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread