smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always - ask permission.

Beaches are ok with the exception of National Seashores and State Parks. You can get permission at some State Parks thru the head ranger.

Local parks vary and it often comes down to the particular ranger and his mood at the time. The worst to happen to anyone I know is simply be asked to stop detecting in the park.

In my area - Charlotte - most of the schools are posted "No Trespassing" but we've been told "that's just to stop unauthorized team sports". That being said a cop who's having a bad day could give you a ticket.

Things seem to be a lot more relaxed in the smaller towns as opposed to the bigger cities so you probably won't have any problems with the local stuff that I've thrown out there. I'd just be cautious until you know what's up in your area.

Anyway, get out there and good luck!

OP
OP
bclark

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Over 600 ship wrecks off the Outer Banks, NC... across the bridge from EC. HH! Good Luck! Blackbeard's "lair" (plantation, etc.) was in Grand Banks Inlet aka Ocracoke, NC; VERY "spooky" area... BOO! :coffee2: HOT Grog...?

Last edited:

stvnford

Greenie
Feb 28, 2012
North East, NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just moved to Elizabeth City, NC from Kentucky. Any regulations I should be concerned with. Havnt been out with the AT Pro since I moved here and looking to start swinging. Anyone in the area looking to go dig one day?

I live in Elizabeth City as well and just got my first detector this week.

I've been looking at places and as noted detecting is specifically to allowed in the National Park area of OBX.

Another thing to note is that no detecting is permitted in any of the parks in Elizabeth City.

I'm heading to Virginia Beach early Sunday morning.

One of the good things about living here. ... two great beaches close by.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions