Passing through Fayetteville

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Still deciding IF I want to try again
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for asking! ALL school facilities are off limits, there are many parks and all are hunted daily. Very difficult to gain permission. Finally, no club that I know of. So a quick google of the parks and rec for the city will get you places to hunt while here. Just hunt during daylight and carry protection.

OP
OP
E

eemaxpr

Apr 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Passing through Fayetteville, can do a short hunt Thursday morning early. anyone?ATPRO &Pinpointer

Thanks for the info. No need for permission in the parks? I'll try one.

Protection? From what?

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No permission needed. Just fill your holes no matter the medium you dig. As for protection, generally no. Just beware of your surroundings as usual. There are some wackos here.

Aufish

Feb 3, 2015
NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Fayetteville... you so crazy. There is some RICH history in the Fayetteville area, the problem is it's almost entirely private property and people here dont take kindly to strangers knocking on their doors or even calling them. I live in Hope Mills and unfortunately the mill sites that were burned down by General Sherman's troops are owned by the town and some how that constitutes private property in their eyes (I guess I don't have to pay property tax right? :D) and good luck getting anywhere near a school yard, there's only one with any real history but it is as old as the settlement itself (pre 1800). That leaves you with old properties you'll have to get permission for, unless you go to one of the parks downtown fay, where you are more likely to dig up a murder weapon than anything else and thats if you don't get jumped for your equipment.

Wild Wild... East?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is also a lot of rich history at Rick's Lounge. I doubt they will let you detect there though.......

Mike

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was a high school near there as well. I think it is a senior center now.

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could find some areas in Caldwell county, I hate knocking on doors I know a guy here before he could get out of his truck to ask to search an area he said a whole family came outside armed yelling at him to leave.

Fourwayz

Jun 18, 2007
Out Biking
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, I can believe it! Those jacked up digger shows coupled with detectorists doing the wrong things have made it most impossible to find good places in general.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions