Anyone in North East Carolina

thorny196

Apr 11, 2007
Moyock, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Sand Shark
I'm a super newbie looking for contacts in NEC (North East Carolina) so I can figure out which way to go with this hobby. I have always been interested in MDing but never had the time for it. I'm not sure if I would be more interested in beach detecting or Relic hunting so I figured I could get with some of the locals maybe tag along for a hunt and sort of pick their brains, if you don't mind having your brains picked let me know... Thanks Mike

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Where are you located? Do you have a detector?
Mike :)

OP
OP
thorny196

thorny196

Apr 11, 2007
Moyock, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Thank you for responding to my post! I am located on the coast in Moyock NC (Currituck county) Presently I do not have a detector because I cannot not make up my mind wether to get a water detector or a land detector. I do understand the differences bettween the detectors and have learned a great deal about them by reading the very knowlegable posts on this site, I'm just not sure which type of hunting I would be doing. Presently I am leaning torwards a land detector due to my inexperience and the fact it has a display but if the wind blows in the other direction I may go the other way. Second issue is I am not aware of any dealers in my area so that I might be able to get a good look at them and get an feel for them. Anyway thats my story and I'm sticking to it!! R/Mike

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
thorny196 said:
Thank you for responding to my post! I am located on the coast in Moyock NC (Currituck county) Presently I do not have a detector because I cannot not make up my mind wether to get a water detector or a land detector. I do understand the differences bettween the detectors and have learned a great deal about them by reading the very knowlegable posts on this site, I'm just not sure which type of hunting I would be doing. Presently I am leaning torwards a land detector due to my inexperience and the fact it has a display but if the wind blows in the other direction I may go the other way. Second issue is I am not aware of any dealers in my area so that I might be able to get a good look at them and get an feel for them. Anyway thats my story and I'm sticking to it!! R/Mike

I'm in Moyock, and I have a spare detector.
Also, we only have a Whites distributor over in Elizabeth City at Chaunceys, and a place that sells a few Garretts up in Chesapeake called Debbies RC world.

OP
OP
thorny196

thorny196

Apr 11, 2007
Moyock, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Cryptodave: Thanks for your response! From looking at your profile if you live near the red marker then we are very close as I am a couple of miles north of you, we probably bumped into each other at the Shell station or Food lion!! I'll drop you an "E" mail with my number and we can see where it goes from there.. Thanks Mike

FFYez88

Greenie
Jul 24, 2006
E City N.C.
Hi, I've been off the net for sometime and haven't picked up my detector at all.
If you guys would like to get together send me an email.

Thanx,'
FFYez

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions