Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
If you get down towards Charlotte PM me. I don't have any spots in Hickory... sorry and good luck!

mr007s

Sep 8, 2007
Where the pavement ends in NC
New to the area and looking for MD partners willing to share a site.

Yes, I am in the area and can make a few suggestions. GF has several nice large parks that I MD. Also Hudson, Sawmills and Lenoir. A small older park in Rhodhiss has been good to me in the past. Search out history of the Lake Rhodhiss for locations of old past beaches there were many swimming, sun bathing , camping spots. May need a kayak to reach some of those. Good luck hope this gets you started.

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had much luck at local parks but I'm still new to the hobbies, still trying to find my great grandfather's moonshine money if the story's true. Maybe we could all link up sometime.

n4hwk1

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2017
Stony Point NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,garrett 400and bounty hunter 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Iam close to Hickory would like to have someone to hunt with live in stony point close to Statesville in the Taylorsville area call me or tex 704-437-5791 name is Herman

rtp_guy

Jan 22, 2014
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Minelab CTX 3030
Fischer Gold Bug 2
Garrett AT Gold
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's MX5
Titan 9000
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I am in the area and can make a few suggestions. GF has several nice large parks that I MD. Also Hudson, Sawmills and Lenoir. A small older park in Rhodhiss has been good to me in the past. Search out history of the Lake Rhodhiss for locations of old past beaches there were many swimming, sun bathing , camping spots. May need a kayak to reach some of those. Good luck hope this gets you started.

Nice! I grew up in Hudson and spent a number of years on Lake Roadhiss in a water ski club, so I know those areas well. I left town after high school, but come back to visit the family every couple of months.

Spanky0126

Feb 26, 2017
Lenoir, NC
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I have been MDing off and on for several years. I live in the Lenoir, NC area and would like to meet up with fellow MDers in the area. I have had some fair finds around old abandoned farm home sites.

Jun 5, 2017
Lenoir, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. New at detecting and live in Caldwell County. Am up to traveling if needed to find some experienced hunters and good locations.

DigDug216

Feb 22, 2016
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (May2015) and Equinox 800 (March2019)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am located in the Statesville area for anyone who wants to hunt with an experienced metal detectorist. Any skill level welcome. I hunt relics at old colonial sites all the way to coin shooting. I would also like to try gold hunting if anyone is willing to show me the ropes. But it doesnt matter if you read this post 10 years from now, feel free to text or call me 216-767-3118 Kevin Hope to hear from you!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
fxdigger, looks like you have potential partners coming out of the woodwork down there.

I guess you guys are saturated in that area.

BUT NEVER GIVE UP! You'll find pretty things :)

OP
OP
F

fxdigger

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2014
Granite Falls, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hickory Area detecting meetup

Thanks to all who replied to me!

I spoke to n4hwk1 (one of you who responded) today and we made plans to meet up somewhere near Hickory on Saturday August 25, around lunchtime. Figured we could meet and discuss the idea of organizing a group of us who would like to find sites and MD together from time to time.

Anyone else who sees this is welcome to contact me and join our meetup.

Chuck

fxdigger, looks like you have potential partners coming out of the woodwork down there.

I guess you guys are saturated in that area.

BUT NEVER GIVE UP! You'll find pretty things :)

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m interested in meeting up on the 25th. PM me with when and address to where. It’s a drive but I’m in the mood for new surroundings. Ill work on freeing up that day. Have things scheduled but I think I can move them. Thanks for the invite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread