Anyone had some luck with Quartz fields and finding gold in NC

Buckingham311

Dec 23, 2016
Roberts, ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was recently walking around my property and in a certain area there is a hillside that has a bunch of quartz on the top of the soil. There is all different types of quartz and I'm seeing some rust looking colors in the rock. There is a bunch of Mica & Pyrite mixed in the soil also. I've heard of these types of areas having gold in them, but also heard the opposite. Not sure if anyone in the NC area has been in this type of situation and had any success.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So what was the verdict, do you have gold ? Don't just settle for what's on the surface, dig down and test also. If you don't know how to pan I'm sure there are folks on the forum who live in your area that could check it out and show you how to pan.

OP
OP
B

Buckingham311

Dec 23, 2016
Roberts, ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out at least once since then and dug a couple of spots panned it back at the house. No signs of yellow stuff just a lot of pyrite and mica. The weather hasn't been as desirable as I would like, so I'll probably go back out in the next couple of weekends and dig a little deeper in the areas where the most quartz is.

oldsilver

Feb 20, 2017
East Coast-Mid Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Started with a Garrett. I think I've probably tried everything make and model from 1977, all the way to the up to the E-trac and GPX 4800.
Nothing new as for me now, I am pretty much handicapped.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Crush the pyrite. pan it. Pyrite holds gold sometimes...Good Luck!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
WESTERN part of NC in the mountains are LOADED with GOLD & Silver; "google" GOLD veins of NC; SILVER veins of NC. It is what I did for VIRGINIA... YEE HA!

scarriker

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have what I recently discovered in my back yard. There is large and small quartz rocks scattered around. There is a gold mine at back of yard that was dug in early 1800's . It was approx 30 feet across and 30-35 feet deep. It was filled in with the quartz that came out of it to clear fields for farming in early 40's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread