Quartz crystals

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Independence Day everybody!!! Just wanted to share a couple of pictures of Quartz pieces I've found here on the state line in waxhaw Lancaster. I love digging for these beauties. I haven't found the source yet and aim to find a lot more. I keep my eyes peeled for gold as well. Any suggestions on finding more crystals? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499175676.980121.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499175708.930346.jpg

OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply. I'm working on better equipment to get the really fine gold I've been finding. The land I'm on is very unique. Rock outcrops everywhere and they're different. A few spots I find a lot of green rock that's full of very shiny gold and silver material. Not sure if it's mica pyrite gold silver electrum Galena as all of those have been found in the area.

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the reply. I'm working on better equipment to get the really fine gold I've been finding. The land I'm on is very unique. Rock outcrops everywhere and they're different. A few spots I find a lot of green rock that's full of very shiny gold and silver material. Not sure if it's mica pyrite gold silver electrum Galena as all of those have been found in the area.

That green rock could possibly be ultramafic, need to post a picture of it, if so it came out of the mantle and could be a promising area to prospect.

OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took some pictures of the green material I've been finding. I also added a picture of quartz that looks like maybe hematite inclusions? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499900905.963881.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499900939.982494.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499900972.404958.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499901077.448419.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499901109.598891.jpg

OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in central Carolina not sure if I'll find any gems around my parts. But I keep my eyes open for anything

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have ultramafic green rocks at my property in WNC but it's a much darker green than what I'm seeing in your pics and don't see anything that looks like hematite.

OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the research I've done I believe the green rock is schist. I thought the burgundy colored rock was maybe hematite. It looks and feels like quartz but has that awesome color. Also it's the only piece I've found and I've been going in the woods every weekend for at least a year. So whatever it is apparently it was a rare occurrence I suppose

OP
OP
Goldspeed

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious what area of Wnc are you? When time and money permits I go up to the mountains and look for places to rockhound. I've been to the tourist traps and they're fun but there's nothing like having a place to yourself or a couple of buddies and do some digging and hounding. Unfortunately I'm the only one around that finds earths creations amazing and awe inspiring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread