Gold panning in Western NC

MillsRiverMan

Nov 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,
This is my first post on treasurenet. Im an active member of bullionstacker and realcent which are coin forums. I'm big into coin sorting and bullion. A friend recommended this board to me as a valuable source of information and perhaps a way to meet up with some like minded individuals.

I live in Mills river nc right outside Hendersonville, my daily work commute is to Swannanoa. I've been looking at some of the old gold maps trying to get a better understanding of where to start. I live right off the French broad river and infront of my house is the ancient river bed which is used to grow tomatoes.

Has anyone ever had any luck panning the French Broad? I'm trying to find places within national forest or places i can get permission to use their property. My manager just moved into a new house and he's sitting right next to the Catawba river. I'm hoping to test pan out there to see if I'll have any luck. Curtis creek and buck creek have also been mentioned to me. These are north of Marion. On my gold maps it doesn't show any deposits north of marion only south of it.... But that doesn't necessarily mean it's not there.

I would love to hear some input/advise from anyone that pans in WNC.

Thank you.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Google" GOLD Veins in NC; MOSTLY in WEST NC, near the WESTERN mountains... HH! Good Luck! Have FUN!:goldpan:

Dsorgnzd

Sep 23, 2003
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot,
White's5900 Di Pro,
Compass Relic Magnum 7A
There are a couple of commercial gold panning places at Vein Mountain, which is a few miles south of Marion. I can't give you a personal recommendation, though,because (although I grew up just a couple of miles north) I have never been to any of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread