Sidewalk search

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I called the powers that be in Buncombe county to find out just who owns that little strip of grass between the road and a sidewalk. I had a good idea, but wanted to be sure. As I thought, the county owns on the public grass spots, and private owns the private grass spots. Well to dig on the public areas, I have to have a ROW permit. So that is probably a no go. I was told that they have no control over the private ones so I may check them out.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I don't "dig" to find a lost coin. A ROW permit would be required to dig a trench for say a sewer line repair or install.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your rules are the same as the ones we have here, the city owns everything from sidewalk to sidewalk inclusive. The homeowner is required to "maintain" the strip in front of their house, but, they don't own it. If they're allowed to dig it up to re-landscape without a permit, I figure I can at least recover a few targets without one.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even if they did call the police they would just ask you to leave. Though I wouldnt just go to a neighborhood in front of peoples well groomed houses and start rippin into the grass but many other areas medians ect go Caddyshack!!!!!

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even if they did call the police they would just ask you to leave. Though I wouldnt just go to a neighborhood in front of peoples well groomed houses and start rippin into the grass but many other areas medians ect go Caddyshack!!!!!

Lol! “Go Caddyshack” I love it!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from TODAY'S FINDS! over to NORTH CAROLINA for more related exposure...

slowndeep

Greenie
Sep 5, 2012
pnw
Detector(s) used
xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found some of my best stuff in those strips, in my town many of them have been there since the houses were built late 1800's and early 1900's. Most everything else has fill on top of the older stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread