metal detecting in Rowan county

Is there any places to metal detecting around Mount Ulla nc new to the area.

• State Parks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mount Ulla

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KLTesh

Jan 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that where Stoneman's raid went through I've been trying to find the bridge where the battle was.

I have no GPS coordinates but it is south of the river access that is mentioned in an above post. I live on the Yadkin River approximately 1 mile south of the York Hill (Trading Ford Site). There are places to MD but the bridge is not one of them if you don't want to get into trouble. Go to this site: Stoneman's Raid: Salisbury and the Yadkin River Bridge and look at the pic of the battle at the Yadkin Bridge. The bridge abutments are still there, just north of the old I-85 bridge.

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no GPS coordinates but it is south of the river access that is mentioned in an above post. I live on the Yadkin River approximately 1 mile south of the York Hill (Trading Ford Site). There are places to MD but the bridge is not one of them if you don't want to get into trouble. Go to this site: Stoneman's Raid: Salisbury and the Yadkin River Bridge and look at the pic of the battle at the Yadkin Bridge. The bridge abutments are still there, just north of the old I-85 bridge.

There's also the 1818 Beard's bridge remnants which can be seen from google earth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread