metal detecting in Rowan county

Is there any places to metal detecting around Mount Ulla nc new to the area.

• State Parks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mount Ulla

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EBCIII

Jul 24, 2007
Most of the state parks are off limits to MD. You can allways give them a cal and ask?

Here in Burlington NC the local town parks are good places, as are the local schools (I hunt these on weekends). Check also for local tot lots and public spots.

Here is a link to a club near to you, Beale.

http://www.fmdac.org/states/states.cfm?st=NC

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
NC state parks are OFF LIMITS. Cabarrus County Parks are also off limits.

Our MD club has gone to the Kerr Mill (and park) west of Salisbury on hwy 150 before. Cool place, but we really didn't find anything there. GET PERMISSION FROM THE MILL WORKER BEFORE HUNTING THERE.

Salisbury and Rowan County is rich in history (civil war prison was there) and it is one of the oldest towns in the area.

For local laws, check here...

http://www.municode.com/resources/code_list.asp?stateID=33

TammyNC123

Dec 24, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
my sister and I hunt Dan Nicholas on occasion all we turn up is change. The fairgrounds are off limits as well. Also the city of China Grove said nowhere are you allowed to MD on City owned property. blah blah blah..... lol. There is rumor of civil war battles along the yadkin river north of town west of the yadkin river bridge but I haven't found a way down there as of yet. Would be some interesting hunting in those areas down by the river.

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI: Not many people know of this... But the reason the Rowan County Fair Grounds are off limits (well one of the reasons & probably the MAIN reason) is that the area used for parking is an old slave graveyard. That's why the transformer station is so far back from the road. They were grading off the land and dicovering grey dirt spots under the ground all over the place.

Jul 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a public boat access in Spencer. It's on 29 just after the Yadkin River bridge. As far as what I read, NC State parks are also off limits and if you get caught the fees can be quite costly. The only time you can legally MD in state parks is if you have lost something of value and in the presence of one of the park rangers.

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that where stonman's raid went through I've been trying to find the bridge where the battle was.

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to find site of camp yadkin anyone know if its near a road I can put into my GPS?

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been here for forty years and I have never head of that location (Camp Yadkin) in Rowan County.

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
I do not like Rowan County. Do not cross over any railroad tracks even near the Yadkin River bridge. They railroad cops will take you to court in a blink. I think they know the Judges Real well $ $ $ . Do not try to detect on Cataba College Property looking for relics near the water, Same thing $ $ $ . I believe Rowan County is terrible. I do detect but I have permission to detect the places that I detect. If you have the $ $ $ they will get it in court. I started detecting with a club and we had a few Clubs hunts near the Yadkin River Bridge. A few C.W Bullets were found and a few Grape shots in about 3 different outing. Also obey the speed limit, The State Troopers Patrol the Interstate from the Yadkin River Bridge and then thru Salisbury $ $ $.

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Nugget... What club do you belong too? I have been wanting to hit that area and one other place around there.

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rowan county hunting md

Gold Nugget... What club do you belong too? I have been wanting to hit that area and one other place around there.

I have a few spots in rowan county on my md site list. There is an old pump station off the yadkin river where a boat access is I plan on checking out, I'm also expecting mucho trash lol used to be a beer drinking hangout which means people lost stuff maybe. I wish there was a rowan county md club. If we get enough people we can start one.

MDHTALK - Article: Club Start a Club by Lee Wiese

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few spots in rowan county on my md site list. There is an old pump station off the yadkin river where a boat access is I plan on checking out, I'm also expecting mucho trash lol used to be a beer drinking hangout which means people lost stuff maybe. I wish there was a rowan county md club. If we get enough people we can start one.

UGH.... that place is gonna be Bottle Cap & Pull Tab H3LL!!!

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you guys are interested we have a club in Matthews just east of Charlotte. We meet the 4th Tuesday each month @ 7 pm. at the Matthews Community Center - 100 McDowell St. Looks like the next meeting is Nov. 26Th. There will be no meeting in December.

F2 Hunter 28146

May 22, 2013
Rockwell, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird! I "just" hopefully got a job in Matthews. Will find out later this week. Still have to go for a drug test and get a Letter of Offer.

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a metal detecting club in Rowan county over off hwy 29 and grace church rd. Does anyone remember the name of it?

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the info for the group, I found it.

Carolina Historical Association for Metal Detecting
7:30 p.m. fourth Thursdays (third Thursdays Nov./Dec.), Grace Ridge Club House, 2815 Grace Church Road • • Goal: Research, Recover, and Preserve. Big annual club hunt plus other events held all over the USA • • Tony Fox, 704-310-6321, [email protected] • Steve Thomas, 336-474-7268, thomasrs @northstate.net - See more at: http://m.salisburypost.com/2014/10/05/hobbies-and-special-interests/#sthash.O9UfMbQs.dpuf

DaneMom

Dec 27, 2014
Salisbury
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Garrett Pinpointer

AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ATProAdam: Have you ever gone to the Carolina Historical Association for MD? I am literally 3 miles from Grace Ridge. I may go this month if they are still do this.

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I haven't. They don't have a website or anything. They just said call for info. So I never followed up with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions