Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: Is there any places to metal detecting around Mount Ulla nc new to the area.

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • State Parks

0 0%
  • Mount Ulla

0 0%
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By smittyman

Thread: metal detecting in Rowan county

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2006
    traveler all over

metal detecting in Rowan county

I'm new to NC area Sailbury is there any good places to go Mdetectoing. What about the state parks here in NC.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Jul 2007

Re: metal detecting in Rowan county

Most of the state parks are off limits to MD. You can allways give them a cal and ask?

Here in Burlington NC the local town parks are good places, as are the local schools (I hunt these on weekends). Check also for local tot lots and public spots.

Here is a link to a club near to you, Beale.

http://www.fmdac.org/states/states.cfm?st=NC

Dec 2006
    Concord, NC
    White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE

NC state parks are OFF LIMITS. Cabarrus County Parks are also off limits.

Our MD club has gone to the Kerr Mill (and park) west of Salisbury on hwy 150 before. Cool place, but we really didn't find anything there. GET PERMISSION FROM THE MILL WORKER BEFORE HUNTING THERE.

Salisbury and Rowan County is rich in history (civil war prison was there) and it is one of the oldest towns in the area.

For local laws, check here...

http://www.municode.com/resources/co...asp?stateID=33

MD NOOB

Dec 2006
    NC
    Bounty Hunter Lone Star

my sister and I hunt Dan Nicholas on occasion all we turn up is change. The fairgrounds are off limits as well. Also the city of China Grove said nowhere are you allowed to MD on City owned property. blah blah blah..... lol. There is rumor of civil war battles along the yadkin river north of town west of the yadkin river bridge but I haven't found a way down there as of yet. Would be some interesting hunting in those areas down by the river.
    ON MY KNEES, IN THE DIRT
    WHATS THAT? SOMETHING SHINY
    YES! I'M GONNA BE RICH! DIG DIG
    CRAP JUST ANOTHER BOTTLE CAP!

us
    May 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    FYI: Not many people know of this... But the reason the Rowan County Fair Grounds are off limits (well one of the reasons & probably the MAIN reason) is that the area used for parking is an old slave graveyard. That's why the transformer station is so far back from the road. They were grading off the land and dicovering grey dirt spots under the ground all over the place.

Jul 2013
    There's a public boat access in Spencer. It's on 29 just after the Yadkin River bridge. As far as what I read, NC State parks are also off limits and if you get caught the fees can be quite costly. The only time you can legally MD in state parks is if you have lost something of value and in the presence of one of the park rangers.

neo

Jul 2013
    1 times
    Is that where stonman's raid went through I've been trying to find the bridge where the battle was.

neo

Jul 2013
    1 times
    I'm trying to find site of camp yadkin anyone know if its near a road I can put into my GPS?

us
    May 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    Fisher F75 "Limited" CAMO - Fisher F5 (with Standard Coil) - Fisher F2 (10" coil) - & a Radio Shack "Treasure Finder" Metal Detector!
    3 times
    Been here for forty years and I have never head of that location (Camp Yadkin) in Rowan County.

Nov 2005
    charlotte,North Carolina
    Minelab XP-Pro-MinelabExcaliber-Fisher1260
    28 times
    I do not like Rowan County. Do not cross over any railroad tracks even near the Yadkin River bridge. They railroad cops will take you to court in a blink. I think they know the Judges Real well $ $ $ . Do not try to detect on Cataba College Property looking for relics near the water, Same thing $ $ $ . I believe Rowan County is terrible. I do detect but I have permission to detect the places that I detect. If you have the $ $ $ they will get it in court. I started detecting with a club and we had a few Clubs hunts near the Yadkin River Bridge. A few C.W Bullets were found and a few Grape shots in about 3 different outing. Also obey the speed limit, The State Troopers Patrol the Interstate from the Yadkin River Bridge and then thru Salisbury $ $ $.

us
    May 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    3 times
    Gold Nugget... What club do you belong too? I have been wanting to hit that area and one other place around there.

us
    Jan 2013
    Salisbury NC
    Garrett ACE 250 and Garrett Pro Pointer

Rowan county hunting md

Quote Originally Posted by F2 Hunter 28146 View Post
    Gold Nugget... What club do you belong too? I have been wanting to hit that area and one other place around there.
    I have a few spots in rowan county on my md site list. There is an old pump station off the yadkin river where a boat access is I plan on checking out, I'm also expecting mucho trash lol used to be a beer drinking hangout which means people lost stuff maybe. I wish there was a rowan county md club. If we get enough people we can start one.

MDHTALK - Article: Club Start a Club by Lee Wiese

us
    Jan 2013
    Salisbury NC
    Garrett ACE 250 and Garrett Pro Pointer
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rowanmetaldetecting/

For anyone interested I starting a club in the Rowan County area in the future join this Facebook group. It would be great to have a small club around here to help each other in the hobby. Thanks.

us
    May 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ace250adam View Post
    I have a few spots in rowan county on my md site list. There is an old pump station off the yadkin river where a boat access is I plan on checking out, I'm also expecting mucho trash lol used to be a beer drinking hangout which means people lost stuff maybe. I wish there was a rowan county md club. If we get enough people we can start one.
    UGH.... that place is gonna be Bottle Cap & Pull Tab H3LL!!!

us
    Jun 2012
    Charlotte NC
    CTX 3030
    14 times
    If you guys are interested we have a club in Matthews just east of Charlotte. We meet the 4th Tuesday each month @ 7 pm. at the Matthews Community Center - 100 McDowell St. Looks like the next meeting is Nov. 26Th. There will be no meeting in December.

us
    May 2013
    Rockwell, NC
    3 times
    Weird! I "just" hopefully got a job in Matthews. Will find out later this week. Still have to go for a drug test and get a Letter of Offer.

us
    Jun 2012
    Charlotte NC
    CTX 3030
    14 times
    Good Luck! Hope to see ya at a meeting soon.
    F2 Hunter 28146 likes this.

Sponsors