Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
I found my first one this summer. It is here in Concord, NC. Best I can tell by the foundation stones and chimney stone, the house dated late 1700's to mid 1800's. Hopefully in the next few weeks I will get back there a get some photos. I didn't have my camera with me the first time I was there.

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info, I hope you can find some stuff there. Perhaps I just need to get in the woods more. Bryan

warboy

Jan 3, 2008
The answer to your question is yes there are many celler holes in e.north carolina. Many of the early colional homes were burned by the british and again during the Civil War many of the thriving plantations were burned to the ground by union troops. I suggest trying to get a copy of United States Trreeasure Atlas by Thomas Perry, it is a whole set of books that go state by state listing mineral finds, treasure legends, battle sites, old plantation sites where celler holes and foundations can be found and all manner of useful info. can be found. Reading these useful books makes you realize how much stuff is still out there. Many of the listings are "legends" but there is tons of factual info. you may find many other things in your area besides celler holes that will grab your imigination. You can order these from Specality Publishing co. Box 1355 La Crosse WI 54602. Not only do these give you good info. but there a great read. You can order seperate vols. or the whole set. they are real cool. but once again yes there are many celller holes in e. north carolina. Check with your local county historian for info. on old home sites or old plantation sites. Another thing to check for if you find a good site is the dump location on the site you find (and I say find becuase there are so many I know you will find one) All old homes and plantation sites have a dump where everyday household junk was thrown out. These are great places to search for old bottles,not to mention all the other relics that are in a typical dump site. Another thing to keep in mind are the privys, many items can be found in them. Many relics were hidden in privys, that's the last place anyone would want to look when great-great-great grampa hid his gold from the oncomming enemy troops, british or union bummers. Also many bottles may be found in privys usually in pretty good shape, so keep looking and never say I give up. there's always something to find!8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions