Treasure Valley Hosts Coker Creek Tennessee GPAA

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had the pleasure of hosting this group again last month, always a good time to be had with everyone finding gold and as a bonus at least one person finding a nice ruby. To top it off they usually bring and grill me a nice steak. Nice respectable group and the weather was really good.

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The GPAA is what got me panning, I watched the old shows back in the day and after a few weeks, I said I think I can do that, lol, and ran about 50 to 100 pans before I found anything!! lol My son bought a piece of property in Rutherford county that is rumored to have an old mine on it. Can't really see any tailing piles or holes anywhere, but there is some seepage from around the bottom of the hill. Was wondering if that could be where the entrance is or did they strip mine some of the areas? There is a creek running around the bottom of the hill. I was a scout leader for several years and spent a lot of time at Bud Schiele scout camp. There were a couple of old mines there and one shaft entrance filled with water that constantly flows into the creek. The hole is very small at the base of the hill. Was thinking that is probably the same that would be at my sons property. I never panned at camp of have I on my sons property.

OP
OP
B

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dave, would check the stream just below the area where seepage is. Was just down at the Rutherford Airport last week and took the grandkids to eat at Ron Mckinney's Airport Restaurant the kids like that and watching the small planes land & take off. Was also in the Scouts back in the 50's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread