North Carolina Nugget Hunters/Snipers?

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Star, I live in western NC, close to the golden valley vein. I have panned and sluiced some in mainly one waterway close to me. All I found was placer gold, and not much of it. Now, I am no expert and only sluiced one summer and panned a few more. There is an old 1890's gold mine, Thermal City, located in Rutherford county that you can pay a fairly small amount to pan and sluice from their property. I have been panning there a couple of times several years ago and found a lot more than I did 7 or 8 miles away as the crow fly's. They take a front end loader and scoop up material from the side of the river, dump it and you pan from that. I am including a link to a map of gold veins in NC.

https://dc.lib.unc.edu/cdm/ref/collection/ncmaps/id/593

Good Luck

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dave, sounds like you're pretty close to me at Treasure Valley, occasionally go down 226 to eat at Becky's, I have the old Lookadoo Gold Mine on my property.

Buckshotnc

Nov 5, 2012
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher GBII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, sounds good once this virus settles down some, sorry but just noticed your last post. I'm located very close to the Burke/McDowell/Rutherford border near Hwys 64 & 226 maybe you could come and visit my place Treasure Valley one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread