Garret GTI 2500, Garrett Pro Pointer

STL8

Feb 27, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living the 'dream' in Charlotte & swinging the E-trac.

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Buffalo, Jamestown here..What is the RTP area and what has you spooked??

dirtsurfing

Mar 5, 2013
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, new to metal detecting, new to Wilmington, grew up in Cary, NC. Any tips on locating older areas around Wilmington to hunt would be much appreciated. Looked around downtown seems to be all privately owned?

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Buffalo, Jamestown here..What is the RTP area and what has you spooked??

RTP = Research Triangle Park. - Business/research/manufacturing park between Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill

Any leads of groups to contact would be gratefully accepted. I've researched NC laws on MD'ing and I'm spooked to go out!! I've tried getting permission for some bulldozed lots but was told NO!!!

As for NC laws, don't be spooked. Stay out of State and Federal parks and you'll be OK. Ask permission on all privately owned land. There is a club in Raleigh - Triangle Relic Recovery. www.trianglerelicrecovery.com

kingingkunsan

Greenie
Mar 5, 2013
Goldsboro, NC
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Tesoro Eldorado
Minelab Explorer II
Tesoro Golden micro Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goldsboro/SJAFB been here 2.5 years. Would really like a club near by. I mostly hunt weekends.

White Buffalo

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2010
RTP (Durham)
Detector(s) used
Anyone know of a safe place to hunt or any owners that don't mind MD'ing??

Thanks!

Last edited:

White Buffalo

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2010
RTP (Durham)
Detector(s) used
RTP = Research Triangle Park. - Business/research/manufacturing park between Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill

Any leads of groups to contact would be gratefully accepted. I've researched NC laws on MD'ing and I'm spooked to go out!! I've tried getting permission for some bulldozed lots but was told NO!!!

As for NC laws, don't be spooked. Stay out of State and Federal parks and you'll be OK. Ask permission on all privately owned land. There is a club in Raleigh - Triangle Relic Recovery. www.trianglerelicrecovery.com

I went on the website and sent an email but, I don't see much activity on their site. Are you near RTP???

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I went on the website and sent an email but, I don't see much activity on their site. Are you near RTP???

I live in Garner. Just south of Raleigh. The Raleigh club meets the last Tuesday of the month. I'll try to send you some info.

White Buffalo

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2010
RTP (Durham)
Detector(s) used
Thanks!!

I'll look forward to it!!!

My 2013 finds bag is still not started and I get to stare at my 2011 & 2012 finds.....

I'm itching bad to do some detecting!!!

NCBearhawk

Mar 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to MD'ing. Living in the Garner/Cleveland area and would love to meet up with anyone that's available weekdays to show me around the area. I've got some property in Kittrell as well that may prove to be good hunting grounds as well.
HH, Bearhawk

tridge800

Sep 4, 2012
Jamestown nc
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are welcome to detect in Uwharrie if you enjoy large fines and having your detector confiscated..I've heard of people doing it,but not worth it to me!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions