NC FOLKS - Page 28
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: NC FOLKS

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2020
    Maine
    Garrett AT Pro
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I’m visiting the Cary area. I’m actually arriving in 15 min driving from Maine. I have just about giving up on trying to understand North Carolina’s metal detecting laws. One site will say no state parks at all or any beaches. Others say you can’t take anything out of the ground that’s older than 50 years anywhere in the state. While others say town parks are ok. Can anyone clarify? I posted in another NC detection. And was told public places are fine. Schools, parks, etc. But I’m not so sure about that. I have looked at the entire town of clary website. In park rules and throughout the rest of the site. Metal detecting isn’t mentioned anywhere. Which is odd. I usually will see that brought up in faq or a rules and regulations section. Stating yes or no or permit required. Does anyone know an area that they know is ok to detect in? Or that will give out a permit for sure? I Nervous to just wip our my detector and start swinging.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Jun 2020
    Archdale, NC
    Garrett Ace 300, Garret Pro-Pointer AT
    3 times
    Newbie from Archdale, NC here, just south of High Point. I've only had my Ace 300 for a couple of weeks, and haven't found anything exciting yet, but have had fun at Sunset Beach a couple of weeks ago, and had a little more fun going around my house.

I'm looking forward to possibly meeting some local folks and learning from everyone here.

My wife and I just bought a 5 acre wooded lot a little further south in Randolph County, and I'll be going out there digging around before they start clearing and grading for our new house. Wish me luck!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    May 2020
    western nc.....foothills
    none
    90 times
    Relic Hunting
    I'm Dave from Rutherford County. Just look for NA artifacts past 30 years but maybe a detector is in the future.....
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    John

Feb 2020
    Thomasville, NC
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett AT Max
    2 times
    Metal Detecting
    I am John from just outside Thomasville in Randolph county. Looking for others in the area to hunt with.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Gold & Gem Prospector

Nov 2012
    Western North Carolina
    Fisher GBII
    178 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmith View Post
    I'm Dave from Rutherford County. Just look for NA artifacts past 30 years but maybe a detector is in the future.....
    Welcome from McDowell

Mar 2018
    Wilmington nc
    241 times
    Wilmington area

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Sponsored Links