Tesoro Vaquero

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are in a very relic rich area. The Confederate Arsenal was in Fayetteville and lots of troop movement. Search any present day vacant lot or river crossing i.e. ferry or bridges that may have been there during the war. Fort Bragg actually encompasses some of the Aversboro battlefield. Find a field near there this fall and get permission to hunt. You will find relics. HH!
Mike

OP
OP
JeskaLee

JeskaLee

Aug 6, 2008
Raeford, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Thanks a lot for your help Mike.

I was also wondering if you need permission to hunt around rivers (if not posted) or do you need permission anywhere else to hunt?

Thanks a lot for the help!!
Jessica

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jessica, permission is always best but I don't think you would have a problem along rivers unless it is marked private. Are you into relics or just any kind of metal detecting? If you are new to this madness, then for starters, I would hit school yards, play grounds, soccer fields, parks, etc. to get the feel for your machine. If you are a relic hunter like me, then you may have to wait until the weather cools and crops are harvested from the fields. Don't be afraid to knock on doors. Introduce yourself and tell them you are interested in the history of the area and would they mind if you detect. Always offer to remove any junk found and ask them if they might have lost a valuable keepsake that you might look for and recover for them. Don't offer them your relics but give them a lesser value item if you find something and it looks like a promising site. Hope this helps and let me know if you need more suggestions. HH!
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread