To get a Treasure Trove permit is like giving up a Kidney,

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O Ya, Everyone talks about this Templar Treasure and a lot of people spend money on the so called Money Pit but the truth is it is next to impossible to get a permit. We told the government of Nova Scotia that we believe we located a Viking ship in the area and what do we have to do to get a permit to check it out. :icon_scratch: For get it, no permit would be given to us because we were to small and we were not able to complete the job. Unless we had some big company backing us or a Museum there was no way we could do anything. We only wanted to check out the site with metal detectors and high power equipment to see if it was a Viking ship . We did not want to do a dig and we did not want the ship but would like a reward if it was a Viking ship :headbang: again the answer was NO :icon_scratch: This site would cost me thousands of dollars to check out and would cost them nothing , so who stands to lose on a deal like this :dontknow: We need info from the dig site to help locate the Templar Treasure.
Over the years we have located many sites we want to check out and it gets harder to get the OK to dig. We have 12 sites we want to dig at but the land owners want it all in most cases and will not pay a reward. So we keep the info we have until they give in to somekind of reward. Hang in there.
Denny from www.FindersKeepersUSA.com

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE :hello2: The person in charge of the Department of Heritage and Culture ( Robert Ogilve ) has retired and the new person has agreed to take a look at what we found. We can file for class A permit but we can not remove or dig anything from the site. We can use metal detectors and check out the site . Scott F. Wolter has joined up with us to check out this site as soon as I get a Pass Port.
Scott is known world wide for his work on the Knights Templar, the Kensingston Runestone and the Oak Island Treasure. If this is a Viking ship from the 1390's it could change history. We will post our findings when we return. :thumbsup:

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
FinderKeeper said:
UPDATE :hello2: The person in charge of the Department of Heritage and Culture ( Robert Ogilve ) has retired and the new person has agreed to take a look at what we found.

Goes to show ... sometimes it's just a power-tripping bureaucrat that stands in the way of these types of things.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
waterfalljay said:
Congrats! :icon_thumright: Keep us posted!

Agreed! I could not find any mention of this potentially huge developing story on their website. I find that Finder's stories/posts/website usually end with "hang in there" or "we plan to dig in 2009" etc.... with no conclussion either way. Their website has been active for a couple years, some official documents/correspondence they have posted are dated 2005.... yet there is never any mention of a successful recovery no matter how large or small.

Is this just the nature of the beast? So many great stories but never any recoveries. I hope they do find a Viking ship. There's no legend or wishy-washy stuff invovled. It's either there or it's not.

Good luck Finder.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To C.Trout, Check your email I am sending you the proof to show this is not just talk. We have applied for a class A permit and Finders Keepers has book a trip for this month (June). If you check out our last post it says IF THIS IS A VIKING SHIP , We did not say it was a VIKING SHIP but we want to check it out and we will post what we find. Thank You

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
FinderKeeper said:
To C.Trout, Check your email I am sending you the proof to show this is not just talk. We have applied for a class A permit and Finders Keepers has book a trip for this month (June). If you check out our last post it says IF THIS IS A VIKING SHIP , We did not say it was a VIKING SHIP but we want to check it out and we will post what we find. Thank You

Nice Finder. I'm reading through them now (and will respect your wishes).

Thank you for the reply. I was not trying to atttack you, just so we are clear. My comments above are true as far as I could tell. I am excited for you. this would be a big find for sure with Discovery Channel on scene. I love that channel. the international exposure for Canada would be cool. And who doesn't like the @ss kicking Vikings? :headbang:

Good luck to you.

rush

Aug 24, 2009
HEY Watch it now! Those @ss Kicking Vikings
were my ancestors!!! Along With Erick The Red!
Alexander the great ! And King George lll !
Just To Name a few! Please take care and
RESPECT THE DEAD !!!
Peace be with you and good luck mate!

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update. Its time for me to eat crow :tongue3: Today we got the permit and I still have my kidney's :hello2: I must thank Stephen Powell who works for the Nova Scotia Goverment for looking into what we plan to do . Now we can see if we found a major piece of history. We will post what we found after June 21 ,2010.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sa-weeeet! Good news indeed Finder. You'll need a kidney or 2, try to keep them close.

Seriously, I will watch for news from you (you have my email if you want to share anything that way too) and i wish you the best of luck.

:hello2:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happ hamingja eoa sigr! Here's wishing you luck Finder, and hoping you come out victorious on your quest. Homar P. Olivarez

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone, Well we made it back from Nova Scotia and things went good, we got artifacts from our site in Manhoe Bay and we have sent them back to the Nova Scotia Goverment, Stephen Powell is going to have them check out and get back to us. If the metal objects come out to be 600yrs old then we plan to return soon to finish our adventure.
I would like to thank everyone in Nova Scotia . This place is Great. If you ever have the time I would recomend a Trip to Manhoe Bay area. We had a GREAT TIME :hello: Thank You
We will post everything as soon as we know.

Attachments

• 003s.JPG
    003s.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 7,853
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This metal object looks like something used to drop in the water to tell depth and speed :icon_scratch:
does anyone know what this is ??? Thank You

Attachments

• MVC-034S.JPG
    MVC-034S.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 3,842
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We sent the artifacts to The Heritage Dep. and found out Stephen was out of the office until July 13th. so today he will begin the reasearch to have it checked out. I don't know how long this will take but we will post as soon as we know. I went through some Viking Ship books and we think we found 2 of the artifacts but it will be up to the state to decide if they are the age. Thank You

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the reply we got back :icon_scratch: We still believe there was a Viking Ship buried on Hobson Island in Manhoe Bay. We will post what we know and why we believe a Viking Ship was buried on the island. I think you will agree with us when you see what we found. We hope to return to the Island and check it out again. ???

Attachments

• the end.jpg
    the end.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 1,229
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well everyone tells us that we found some kind of ship but Stephen Powell thinks not. :icon_scratch: We returned all the artifacts to the government so experts could check them out and we got what everyone expected. OOOOOOO Nothing. Stephen said he was not a expert on Viking artifacts but would see to it that they were checked out by the best in Nova Scotia. Well now he tells me that the artifacts are newer and in the state of rust and will be placed in the basement and rust away. No one will be looking at them and they will not talk to the History Channel or the N Y Times or anyone about this, they are done with this site. They would not sell or give the artifacts back to me so I can have them check out. THIS IS WRONG :dontknow: Something is up :icon_scratch: why not send them out and have someone check them out :dontknow: I spent over $4000. so what would it cost them ( a phone call ). Why let the artifacts sit and rust away :icon_scratch: They open the box of artifacts on July 13 and on July 14 they put a big news article in the Canadian Press about new laws on treasure hunting and on July 15 they told us we had proven nothing, and they were done with us. WE NOW THINK WE DID FIND A VIKING SHIP AND THEY WANT TO KEEP THIS QUIET FOR SOME REASON. I will bet you that in a year or two you will read about someone finding a Viking Ship on Hobson Island and my name won't be in the story :read2:

Check out the Canadian Press article below

Nova Scotia offshore booty to be off limits...
Posted Jul 14, 2010, 03:31:22 PM Quote
Nova Scotia offshore booty to be off limits for commercial treasure hunters

Keith Doucette, The Canadian Press

HALIFAX - Nova Scotia is putting an end to all underwater commercial treasure hunting along its coast in a move aimed to prevent the loss of the province's marine heritage.

The government said Wednesday it would introduce legislation in the fall to repeal the Treasure Trove Act.

Enacted in 1954, the law governs treasure hunting on famed Oak Island on the province's south shore. The scope of the original act was subsequently expanded to cover the licensing of shipwreck salvage operations off the coast.

Under the current rules, treasure hunters are allowed to keep most of what they find. But they are required to hand over 10 per cent of non-precious artifacts to the province.

David Salter, a spokesman for the Department of Natural Resources, said the intent of the new Oak Island Act is to ensure that everything that is found beneath the sea stays in Nova Scotia.

He said individuals and groups will still be allowed to dive on wrecks, but only for archeological and historical purposes.

"Anything that is found would become property of the province," said Salter.

He said some outstanding licenses would still be granted to applicants who meet policy guidelines for treasure hunting, but that all activities would come to an end Dec. 31.

Salter couldn't provide a precise figure, but said there aren't any more than a "handful" of outstanding licences.

The new legislation would incorporate elements of the existing Special Places Protection Act, which carries penalties for those who would remove artifacts without a heritage research permit.

Under the act, anyone in violation can be fined up to $10,000, while a company can face a fine of up to $100,000. The province also has the authority to seize anything found during an excavation.

"This just makes it (legislation) more streamlined and clearer that the purpose is essentially to preserve these heritage objects here in Nova Scotia," said Michael Noonan, a spokesman for the Department of Tourism, Culture and Heritage.

Both provincial officials said repealing the Treasure Trove Act would bring Nova Scotia in line with other provinces.

John Wesley Chisholm, a Halifax-based independent filmmaker and avid diver, welcomed the news.

"It allows us to move together under one legislation and figure out the best way to explore and protect and share the marine cultural heritage," said Chisholm.

He says that's significant in a province with an estimated 10,000 shipwrecks, more than any other part of North America.

Chisholm also believes the opportunity now exists to look at new ways to publicly showcase the mysteries that lie beneath the province's coastal waters.

"I think it's our duty ... to try to improve the way we look after this hidden part of Nova Scotia with its story that is relevant to the world," he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we are still finding proof of a Viking Ship on Hobson Island. Our divers just found rock carvings and we located a Stone Map of the area that shows all of the islands from Hobson Island to Oak Island. We believe this was used to show were the Templar Treasure was taken to. We are planning a trip back to Hobson Island in the spring of 2011. I found out that working with the state officials is slow and not the best choice for what we been trying to do . We get more done working with local groups that have the same intrest. When we are done with this site we will post all of what we know and found. We have another site in the area that we need to check out were we believe the Templar Treasure could be . Time will tell. :dontknow:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D Get with Keith for Native Canadian "assistance" in this "matter"; I "see" Knights Templar (French)/Native Canadian historical endeavor. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: Something about French as language of "understanding"... some of the ORIGINAL KT from France fled to Scotland; MAYBE some left Scotland with Henry Sinclair... :dontknow: :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread