Interesting take on Oak Island Treasure

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A simple idea but ----

pumps. It was then decided to freeze the shafts, so as to sink through the remaining thickness of Magnesian Limestone, and 92^ feet of Yellow Sands, in a frozen state, rather than erect additional pumping plant. In April, 1903, preparatory to freezing, 28 bore-holes were sunk around each shaft, to a depth of 484 feet and 21 feet into the Coal-measures. The bore-holes were completed in April, 1904 ; and freezing was then commenced, and continued until February 16th, 1906. During this period both shafts were sunk through the frozen limestone and sand into the Coal-measures, and the whole of the water-bearing strata was lined with cast- iron tubbing. The shafts are, at present, being sunk through Coal-measures. The Castlereagh shaft, at a depth of 810 feet, is passing through the " filtering post," containing a feeder of water amounting to about 100 gallons a minute, and this water is being drawn by the winding-engine. The Theresa shaft is sunk to a depth of 780 feet, into the filtering post, where a feeder of water amounting to 100 gallons a minute has been encountered; and this water is being drawn with the sinking engine, until arrange- ments are made to deal with it. The total length of cast-iron tubbing in the Castlereagh shaft is 450 feet, and below this there is 108 feet of brickwork. The total length of tubbing in the Theresa shaft is 438 feet, and below this is 204 feet of brickwork. There are two sinking-engines, each with cylinders 24 inches in diameter, and 4 feet stroke ; and drums 8 feet in diameter and

Don Jose de La Mancha

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The holes drilled is what caused the flooding of the tunnels. There was an entrance between some trees that had a carving of a dagger on it. They found the entrance after the drilling caused the waters to enter the tunnels.

The treasure was placed there in the early 1600's by knight's templar and there it will remain.

I think this is the best explanation I have researched so far. But there is more to the story. There appears to be a latitude that famous discovery's are being made on, and may have been done on purpose. There is also some sacred geometry that can be applied to a map of famous finds also. I wish I could post more, but I am only interested in what may be here. Oak Island is a perfect example, you can find the hole, but doesnt mean you will get the goodies. I have also found the Dagger used to mark a treasure spot. Wish I was about 10 years younger lol.

A simple solution would be to plug the holes dont you think Franklin?

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I know is Oak Island is really a great series. I can't wait until it comes on.

Jim

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the technology that is available today, I find it extremely hard to believe they can't find out every last feature in that proverbial "money pit" if they really wanted to. Just my personal opinion, but I suspect someone already knows there's something there worth investing in, but nothing down there worth pursuing.

jeffreypaul

Jan 20, 2014
White Mountains, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the carbon dating put it in the years of 1200 to 1300 AD.
The holes drilled is what caused the flooding of the tunnels. There was an entrance between some trees that had a carving of a dagger on it. They found the entrance after the drilling caused the waters to enter the tunnels.

The treasure was placed there in the early 1600's by knight's templar and there it will remain.

jeffreypaul

Jan 20, 2014
White Mountains, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Year I thought of going to where the red paint came out and close off those tunnels to stop the flooding. I remember reading a drill brought up 3 or 4 small gold links. I think by now someone had to have found something. I would have dug a hole to the center of the earth by now. haha My gut feeling fear is one of the younger guys will get hurt or worse please lord let me be wrong.
If people are willing to spend millions of dollars on this then why would this not work? Drill deep over lapping holes round the entire circumference of the original hole. Fill them with cement and you will have a dam to stop the water. Might not work but just a thought.

Salty_Sam

Feb 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FinderKeeper, I'm behind you %100. Everything you have put forth makes sense and sure there are other theories, but i like where you are going with yours. I've been trying to read up on all your posts. There is one thing that I know for sure. Whatever that pit is, it's an exciting mystery. That by all means should be solved. Do you believe that there were wooden separations every 10 feet? And also, this is for everyone, of all the details out there (inscription, history, artifacts...) which ones do you feel are true and which ones are legend. Most of the documentaries on the internet show these findings as fact and I'm just curious as to what is fact vs fiction. Thanks in advance.....

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
FinderKeeper, I'm behind you %100. Everything you have put forth makes sense and sure there are other theories, but i like where you are going with yours. I've been trying to read up on all your posts. There is one thing that I know for sure. Whatever that pit is, it's an exciting mystery. That by all means should be solved. Do you believe that there were wooden separations every 10 feet? And also, this is for everyone, of all the details out there (inscription, history, artifacts...) which ones do you feel are true and which ones are legend. Most of the documentaries on the internet show these findings as fact and I'm just curious as to what is fact vs fiction. Thanks in advance.....

I'm not sure that any of them are real. Can someone prove otherwise?

Salty_Sam

Feb 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, what do you think about Oak Island? If given the opportunity, would you search there?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I think that the Oak Island legend is based almost entirely on stories. Stories can provide very useful starting points for further research in order to turn up solid evidence, but they're not evidence in and of themselves. Stories can provide clues, but they're seldom entirely accurate, particularly in this case. Imagine a game of "telephone" that's been going on for about two hundred years, with no one entirely sure what the original story was, and you can see how the stories cannot be trusted without real evidence backing them up. Also keep in mind that many of the "discoveries" (which all seem to have gone missing) made were made when an operation was running out of money and was soliciting new investors. As I said earlier, I don't think that anyone was necessarily seeking to defraud anyone - they probably truly believed that they only had a few feet further to go, and a little fibbing was justified in order to complete the recovery - but the timing of these discoveries is questionable. No one ever seems to find anything significant when the money is available, but only when more money is needed.

Would I search it for a big treasure? No. I don't think that one is there. It might be interesting to do some metal detecting around the older excavations though. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some relics or coins worth recovering, left by treasure hunters during the 17th century. It would probably be more productive than the parks around here are in any event.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, someone dug it pre-1795 and setup the logs at ten-foot intervals. If they hid something, what was it? Or maybe they did hide something and got it already, maybe even before it was found by those boys in 1795. Maybe one of those flood tunnels was a backdoor in and the treasure was lifted out through that way.

Which still leaves, what was there?

If it's gone, I guess that's something we can't know now.

This is the problem with the myth of oak island. There is no evidence that any of that stuff ever happened or existed in the first place. When you dissect the evidence, instead of assuming it's true, none of it holds up.

Everyone needs to watch this video.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” who were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth.
This organization is known as - The “Freemasons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s
It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking naval officers, who were also Masonic members of the Freemasons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”.
These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III.
These members were:
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Freemasons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized.
Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762.
Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain.
The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.

At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic 13th degree “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern below ground was located, and could access it by digging down 20 feet.

Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island, it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure. They claimed that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.

The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.
1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers when used to cross triangulate and a set degree on the sextant point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795

One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure.
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons.

The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Freemasons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure Hunters "Hopes" and "Beliefs" in the treasure of Oak Island

If mankind’s beliefs had not challenged the desires to search out and solve the mysteries in front of him, then the great discoveries of our world may not have taken place.

The “Wheel” may not have been invented, now found in everything from clocks to vehicles to turbines.
"The World is Flat", could have discouraged Columbus from discovering America, and "The Earth being the Center of the Universe", possibly would have halted space exploration.

“Ask a child to name an ancient Egyptian ruler and they will either say Cleopatra or Tutankhamen.
The reason for this is the excavation of the latter’s tomb by Howard Carter in 1922 in the Valley of the Kings. Such was the wealth of treasures and objects in the tomb, and Carter’s meticulousness, it took eight years to empty the tomb and transport its contents to Cairo.”
“Heinrich Schliemann would not have discovered Troy, along with the Mycenaean sites Mycenae and Tiryns from his idea that Homer's Iliad and Virgil's Aeneid, actually reflected historical events”.

No, hopes and beliefs only push on Treasure Hunters to find the real truth to mysteries.

Skeptics see the treasure pit as "half full" of water, while Treasure Hunters see the same as being all of "half empty".

They realize the logical evidence discovered will weigh in their favor, and one day prove that something of great importance is or was buried at “Oak Island”.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread