Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    us
    too many hobbies...

Jul 2009
    Battle Creek, Mi
    Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
    75 times

Re: The validity of the Knights Templars and Oak Island

There are all kinds of legends and un verifiable stories in print, you can chase these until the cows come home and who knows you may find some treasure in with the trash.....

us
    Apr 2007
    Clearfield Pa.
    GPL , 2 box & more
    54 times

Viking Ship Found in Manhoe Bay ?

I have been checking out the Zeno Narratives on Prince Henry 's trip to the new world and it backs up everything we claim to have found. The link to Zeno Map is below. It tells of a great storm they were in for 6 days when they left Greenland and headed for the new world. Then a cannon from Prince Henrys ship was found in the northern part of the Nova Scotia waters. If a ship was in this storm for days and over loaded I could see it turning over and the cannon falling in the ocean. Than the story says they built a ship at Guysborough Harbor that tells me they had a ship wreck as we have said. But there is no proof that they did build a ship at Guysborough I believe they built the ship in Manhoe Bay , I have a Viking Ship burried in Manhoe Bay on Hobson Island and they found none in Guysborough. The Vikings did bury their old ships.
    There are oak trees on Oak Island and a copper mine near New Ross and a castle with foundations near New Ross. The Vikings needed iron or copper rivits to build a ship and they needed oak wood so why wouldn't they land in Manhoe Bay were they had everything they needed. Manhoe Bay is the place everything happen but I am sure to throw everyone off that would be looking for the treasure they said Guysborough. After all if you look at Zenos Map it shows all of lands they went to but Nova Scotia in not on it. Would you show the place were you hid the treasure.

http://bgrahamonline.com/sinclair.html and http://mastermason.com/WallerLodge/zeno.htm

May 2006
    80 times

Actually no cannon was found from Prince Henry's ship. The cannon you refer to was located at Louisbourg. It is not identical to the cannon in Venice which is bedded breechloading gun, but is a swivel brrechloading gun, identical to guns found in 17th and 18th century wrecks.

Vikings did not bury their ships; pagan vikings used old ships for burying important persons, but otherwise old ships were re-used to build new ones, as shown in the boats at the Roskilde museum.

Smithbrown.

us
    Apr 2007
    Clearfield Pa.
    GPL , 2 box & more
    54 times

This was taken from the link I posted above ( 600th Celebration) and below the red print it tells that this cannon is exactly the same as the one on display in Venice. I am not the expert that made this up, the ones that did this page are the experts. Check it out I have 2 other sites that back this up and I can post if need be.

Proofs that the Voyage occurred
    Niven Sinclair, of London, Great Britain, a businessman, researcher, and inspirer, presented a comprehensive set of "Proofs". These are the result of Niven's tireless efforts to re-trace Henry Sinclair's footsteps around the world. Facts were derived from many reliable references. Aspiring for greatness, Henry became a Baron in 1358, Ambassador to Copenhagen in 1363, Crusader in 1365, and Jarl of Orkney in 1379. While serving as Ambassador, Henry had contact with Carlo Zeno, Ivar Bardsson, Paul Knutson, and of course, Queen Margaret, at which time his planning for the voyage began. In 1392 he went to London to purchase some ships. The "Proofs" are as follows: Zeno Map: Having enlisted Nicolo Zeno as fleet commander several years earlier, four ships were dispatched by Henry to chart the northern seas during 1393 - 1395. The Treaty of Kalmer was signed in 1397. Contingency plans: Ten year prior to this, Prince Henry gave indication of his forthcoming Voyage, because he distributed much of his land; to his brother John he gave Pentland and Shetland, brother David received the lands of Aberdeen, and to his daughter Elizabeth, he directed that his lands in Norway would go to her if he died without a mail heir. Accuracy of Zeno Map: For the next several centuries, the Zeno Map was used by mariners and recognized by such well-known cartographers as Ruscelli, Ortelius, and Cornielle. Professor Hapgood found 37 points of identity between the Zeno Map and recent aerial surveys by the US Air Force. Zeno Narrative: Many references in the Narrative could not have been fabricated by a writer two centuries later. These include the Spring of Pitch and name references to places. 14th Century Cannon: Found in the waters of Louisburg Harbor, this cannon is exactly the same as one on display in Venice, which is authenticated to be late 14th century in origin. Newport Tower: Many features in this Tower provide good evidence, though contested, that it was built by the Sinclair expedition. Legends of the Micmacs: There are many clues in the oral history of the Native Americans which indicate the influence of Henry Sinclair in their land. Westford Knight Carving: Located in Westford, MA, there is a stone ledge onto which is carved a full sized armorial effigy of a 14th century knight, holding a shield bearing the crest of Clan Gunn. Boat Stone: An egg-shaped rock measuring about 18" diameter was found in Westford, MA, bearing a carved impression of a 14th century ship and the numerals "184" with an arrow. Scottish evidence in Rosslyn Chapel: Carved in stone about 1450 there are some Aloe and some Corn, both believed to have been unknown in Europe at the time, unless they were transported back from America by Prince Henry.

May 2006
    80 times

No, none of them are experts in artillery. You have a problem with this field in that you are having to assume that what people are writing is true. And unfortunately, it is often wishful thinking. Have you examined the cannons in Luoisbourg and Venice? Have you researched their history? Have you comparede these two wrought-iron guns with every other surviving wrought-iron gun t establish if the claims being made are true?

As I said, these two guns are not identical; the Venetian gun cannot be identified as having any connection with the Zeno brothers; It was recovered from the Lido in the last century and could have been lost at any date until the 16th century.
    Smithbrown

us
    Apr 2007
    Clearfield Pa.
    GPL , 2 box & more
    54 times

OK I did check out the cannon story and Smith is right I have enclosed a paper from the Nova Scotia Historical Society and the cannon is not the same as said in the story clip below. You know when I need info I have to go through many stories and Smith is right, some of the writers twist the truth or add something to the story that's not proven. I don't know what to think now because there are experts out there that agree and disagree on everything. So when I quote them it makes me look bad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cannon 1.jpg 
Views:	618 
Size:	735.2 KB 
ID:	492778  

May 2006
    80 times

Obsolete by the end of the 14th century?

Note the date on this one: http://www.gtj.org.uk/en/large/item/GTJ18490/

May 2006
    80 times

Nice drawing here of the Mary Rose wrought-iron guns, went down in the 1540s, carrying guns mazde from wrought-iron hoop and staves

http://nautarch.tamu.edu/class/316/carrack/

May 2006
    80 times

May 2006
    80 times

and an early 17th century example:
    http://www.melfisher.org/swivelgun.htm

Pretty good for a technology supposedly obsolete by the late 14th century.... still going in the 1700s.

us
    Apr 2007
    Clearfield Pa.
    GPL , 2 box & more
    54 times

OK Mr Smith, You sent us 4 post on cannons and I checked them out with photos and info that tells of each but its like you said you can't believe anything the experts put on paper
    You know the Zeno Narratives are a great wealth of info and for years people will fight over them. I am not a expert on cannons but even if this cannon has nothing to do with this story it doesn't change anything. We have a Viking Ship in Manhoe Bay and rock carvings and this is the area for oak and copper to build a ship and there is a castle and foundations in the New Ross area. If the ship turned over in the 6 day storm and some of the men died and the ship crashed into Hobson Island and needed much work would they bury the ship with the dead men So something big did happen in this area to and it should be looked at.
    Again I want to thank Smith for his info on the cannons.

Jun 2007
    1326 times

NOT an expert, just a researcher; NEVER seen where either Vikings, NOR Knights Templar EVER had cannons... I am confused.

May 2006
    80 times

Dear Mr Finder

I have not a clue what your reply wants. You posted information on a cannon which was incorrect as it stated that wrought-iron guns went out of use in the late 14th century. I have sent you links to pages on the internet (it's not paper, you know) of wrought-iron guns from dated sites. You could check these up in your own time (and check in published books, too) if you did not believe me. BUt the information on artillery you used was incorrect.

No, I am afraid I do not think that the Zeno Manuscript is full of information. I agree with the Wikipedia entry you so thoughtfully sent which points out most historians think it is a fake.

Smithbrown

Jun 2007
    1326 times
    INTERESTING!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors