Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Aug 2004
    10 times

The validity of the Knights Templars and Oak Island

Dear group;
    Does anyone seriously believe that the remnants of the Knights Templars ventured West and buried something on Oak Island?
    Your friend;
    LAMAR

Jun 2007
    1375 times

Re: The validity of the Knights Templars and Oak Island

IT'T DA POPE! POPE LULU! Yes, indeedy, I do!

ca
    May 2007
    Canada
    Ace 250
    9 times

I'm not up for arguing and I never made any claim of the sorts.

Since this find is in Canada and I'm Canadian and I love history I am simpley waiting to see what exactly it is FinderKeeper has discovered in Nova Scotia.

Good Luck Finder!

May 2008
    Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
    White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by lamar
    Dear group;
    Does anyone seriously believe that the remnants of the Knights Templars ventured West and buried something on Oak Island?
    Your friend;
    LAMAR

You, of all people, should know it's quite astonishing what 'some people seriously believe'.

Propose anything, and somebody somewhere will believe it.

Aug 2004
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by Saturna

Quote Originally Posted by lamar
    Dear group;
    Your friend;
    LAMAR

You, of all people, should know it's quite astonishing what 'some people seriously believe'.

Propose anything, and somebody somewhere will believe it.
    Dear Saturna;
    And that is the truth of it, my friend!
    Your friend;
    LAMAR

Aug 2004
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianTrout
    I'm not up for arguing and I never made any claim of the sorts.

Since this find is in Canada and I'm Canadian and I love history I am simpley waiting to see what exactly it is FinderKeeper has discovered in Nova Scotia.

Good Luck Finder!
    Dear CanadianTrout;
    Did I refute FindersKeepers claim? In fact, I do not even recall mentioning him until you brought it up. I am simply attempting to establish the validity of a claim.
    Your friend;
    LAMAR

Jun 2007
    1375 times

lamar, "establish VALIDITY of a claim"? LOL... WHAT would YOU accept?

Aug 2004
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC
    lamar, "establish VALIDITY of a claim"? LOL... WHAT would YOU accept?
    Dear Rebel-KGC;
    I would accept something a wee bit more substantial than a rumor, for starters. With that having been stated, let's start at the beginning. A local native American tribe SUPPOSEDLY told a story about a group red haired invaders who came to North American shores on the back of a whale. It's an intriguing tale and one which would warrant further investigation, BUT is it an actual tale?

Where does the tale originate from and more importantly, WHEN did it originate? Is it fairly recent, or has it been firmly established that the tale pre-dates the first European settlers in the area? This is always a good place to start, I think. I wouldn't invest in a field trip at this stage until the validity of the tale has been firmly established. I believe that they call this *putting the cart before the horse*.
    Your friend;
    LAMAR

Jun 2007
    1375 times

TY, lamar... good place to start. MAYBE Keith could "help" you, "google"... "Keith Ranville - Oak Island Mystery". I know FK was "working" with Mic Mac Nation; NOT sure of THEIR legends... which are NOT rumors. Being of "the blood" (Monacan & Powhatan Nations), legends are NOT rumors, AND! "Red-haired ppl" DOES sound like Vikings... STILL possible, I recken. AMERICAN native ppl OR... CANADIAN native ppl?

Aug 2004
    10 times

TY, lamar... good place to start. MAYBE Keith could "help" you, "google"... "Keith Ranville - Oak Island Mystery". I know FK was "working" with Mic Mac Nation; NOT sure of THEIR legends... which are NOT rumors. Being of "the blood" (Monacan & Powhatan Nations), legends are NOT rumors, AND! "Red-haired ppl" DOES sound like Vikings... STILL possible, I recken. AMERICAN native ppl OR... CANADIAN native ppl?
    Dear Rebel-KGC;
    I beg to differ. Until the the *legends* have been validated as authentic, then they remain as rumors. Anyone can make up a story and tack on *This is an old Indian legend* to the front of it to make it sound more authentic and appealing. ANYONE! You or I or absolutely anyone with a small amount of imagination can do that. And the truth is, many people have already done exactly that! There were so many cowboys during the 1800s that were passing off their own tall tales as *Indian legends* that unfortunately the TRUE history of the American Indian beliefs have been muddied and discredited, perhaps forever.
    Your friend;
    LAMAR

Jun 2007
    1375 times

Define... "validated".

Aug 2004
    10 times

Define... "validated".
    Dear Rebel-KGC;
    FIrst, a trip to the tribal headquarters of the Mi'kmaq people for the district in question might be in order. Since the Mi'kmaq people were converted to Christianity by the Jesuits (whodathunk it?) in the early to mid 1600s, a review of the Jesuits in the area peopled by the Mi'kmaq in the 1600s might be in order as well. To exemplify the extreme fairness of the Jesuits at that time, on 4June 1610 AD, the Jesuits signed a treaty with Grand Chief Membertou of the Mi'kmaq people whereby the Mi'kmaqs were free to choose between their own beliefs or Catholicism, or both.

If there is some truth to the rumor regarding red haired strangers having come to the lands of the Mi'kmaq on the back of a whale, then surely the Jesuits would have recorded this legend, as they were intent upon trying to save the cultures of as many peoples as possible. This would serve as ample *validation*.
    Your friend;
    LAMAR

May 2008
    Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
    White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
    3 times

This website has quite a few interesting pages, but here is one of many ...

http://www.criticalenquiry.org/oakisland/OI_myths.shtml

Aug 2004
    10 times

Dear group;
    I actually took a bit of time to research the the Mi'kmaq peoples traditional legends and of course they correspond (word for word and letter for letter) with the Jesuit transcriptions of their legends. Most likely the Mi'kmaq nation used the Jesuits recorded history of their legends in order to maintain an accurate recorded history of their beginnings.

As of now, I can find nothing in any of their recorded legends which could be construed as people having red hair arriving on the back of a whale from some distant place. I would thus state that as of this time the legend is a false one. Or, the legend MIGHT be a latter day legend as well. Just because settlers arrived from Europe did not necessarily bring to a halt the legends of the native Americans.
    Your friend;
    LAMAR

Jun 2007
    1375 times

TY, I see; validated only by "JESUIT transcription of their own legends"... surely you know that history is recorded by the VICTORS, NOT the native ppl, who are oppressed, repressed, etc. Carry on with yer research... it IS interesting; I will let the native Canadians "speak for themselves". You COULD go on Keith Ranville's radio show and share your research... THAT would be INTERESTING!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors