Latest News ?

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
HOOSIERau said:
I had heard that the lease on the island was up on Dec 31 of 2010 and that this year the Nova Scotia government is taking over the island and pretty much ending any chance of ever seeing what is at the bottom of the pit ? still true ?

Close. What I heard was the lease that is up is not for the whole island but for a treasure trove license. The Nova Scotia government granted this to allow excavation etc but it ran out Dec 31 2010.

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi Rebel.

Man i wish someone would solve this once and for all. Don't you think its a big enough deal and one of the worlds biggest mysteries? Someone just dump $20 million and dig the entire thing up and sift through the debris. Sheesh

(Not me though) :D

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D LOL! CT... :D :wink: Me neither... I believe in the OPM Principle; Other People's Money! :D Only Disney could do it... gotta leave SOME "mysteries" for FUTURE generations. We'll just come back in our Time Machines, Time/Space Machines; OR... as GHOSTIES! :D :wink: :coffee2: WASSAIL? :wink:

OP
OP
HOOSIERau

HOOSIERau

Jan 5, 2011
IN
I am with you CT !
There are PLENTY of people out there with the kind of jack to get this job done
Why not do it to just get to the bottom of it.
These kind of people that have that kind of money are looking for ways to write off money anyways ... why not just donate it to an organization that is trying to dig the truth.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D H, you are correct; HOWEVER, one must be a 501 (c) (3) non-profit in order to get "tax write-off" according to IRS Code USA... NOT sure about Canadian "tax write-offs". I would think that a college or university COULD be a 501 (c) (3), and donations COULD reduce "tax burdens" of the same $$$$$$ "source". ;D
Send in Indiana Jones and da "ARCHIES"! LOL. :wink: :read2: (Reading up on Tax Laws). :o ::)

OP
OP
HOOSIERau

HOOSIERau

Jan 5, 2011
IN
I tell you all what ...........
If I hit the old Indiana Lottery, my keyster would be up there with cash in hand.

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im from nova scotia, been here all my life, and be sure if there was anything worth while on the island the gov of nova scotia would be diggin it up, as it is if you find anything here in the water or close to it the government will claim it on ya
so there probably was somethin there once upon a time but someone probably got it out and did what we all would do and tell no one
just my two cents. but......
Nova Scotia has treasure from all kinds of sources but the chance of it being at oak island, probably not anymore .

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still do not understand why no one dropped a caisson in to dig and build concrete walls in behind till they reached the bottom. As much as some spent they could have went down 700 feet or more that way . After mining for years I never did understand why they tried to dig and pump in a shaft like they did without blocking it off on the way down .

novafinder

Mar 18, 2011
nova scotia
Detector(s) used
teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its not a big island either the water would come in from everywhere

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread