Just something to kick around

Archeodeb

Nov 3, 2012
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading about this "treasure" since I was a kid, and after all the excitement, trying to figure it out, wishing I could go there to dig, etc. it occurred to me one day that the key to the whole thing IS the water. I don't believe it is booby-trapped at all. I think it is meant to hold water -- seawater -- on purpose. The coconut fibers, the elaborate layers of wood, mud and so forth, all sound to me like an attempt at desalinization to provide a fresh-water-well on a strategically located island. (A good stop-over for sailing ships that might not be welcome in more respectable ports -- if you catch my drift.) The whole thing -- when it was still new and not ruined by all the attempts to thwart the seawater from coming in, probably acted as huge filters to leave a layer of clean, fresh drinking water at the top of the hole, where it could easily be drawn into casks for watering the ships.

This sort of idea may not be as exciting as a treasure hoard, but fresh water in the right place was probably a more precious commodity to some, and sometimes a practical reason for the existence of a mystery gets shoved to the back by the need for entertainment and cheap thrills. I like Occam's razor as a starting point in problem solving.

Thoughts?

OP
OP
Archeodeb

Archeodeb

Nov 3, 2012
SW Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw come on -- no thoughts on the possibility it isn't a treasure hole?

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 90' deep money pit was filled in when it was found so who would spend the time to fill in a well and why? There was a treasure their once but it was moved to the main land and the Templars would of filled the hole in to hide the fact they had something worth the dig. I like you view on the fresh water idea but Gold River was close by and the water was good. There is water every where in Nova Scotia. I been to this site many times and we are drilling in the area . It sounds good to go to Nova Scotia and look for a treasure and dig but that is not how it is done. The gov. own's everything 2 feet below the land and we get permits and more permits just to drill but not allowed to dig. If we find anything man made we have to call the gov. fast and give it to them. I just did a TV show for H2, History Channel 2 in Nova Scotia and it should air in Feb. on a new series called America Unearthed. We plan to do another TV show in the spring and I have new info that should stir things up.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread