The answer to Oak Island

tlm5000

Jul 8, 2013
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
GARRET ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well I did not see pictures of the treasure so they did not find it so must be false

Stone Decipher

Greenie
Sep 1, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Magnetometer, Whites Metal Detector,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it is real,,,,,some pictures were in a Documentary,,,,,also in Life Magazine Vol. 1986 with Mel Fishers picture on the cover 8 Great buried Treasures, when he Found the Sonora De Attocha galleon with $400,000.00 worth of gold silver and emeralds, coins, It had it all,,,there are 2 more Galleons that were with it ,,,they sank in a storm together. Mel let me hold a 22 1/2 pound gold disk,,,,dropped me to his desk when he handed it to me.

Last edited:

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished reading the big dig. Fascinating! Just got the one about the Knights Templer connection. Plan to start it soon.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
G'd morning, coffee?? While itis intriguing, I find too many unanswered questions and flaws to happily accept the Viking boat theory.

Don Jose de La Mancha
...or do you know anyone who would did all those levels,lined with timbers and coconut fibres,with outlets to the sea for the pure pleasure of digging that shaft? Form follows function,it was dug for some reason.That is the real question.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning EC: Coffee first?

For one, while I frankly know nothing really about Norse longboats, most heavy rowing uses your leg muscles, so placing solid bulkheads / backing in each seat compartment would be self defeating.

Second, boats such as this, are built for efficiency, heavy multiple bulkheads would be self defeating..

Third since the shape of a long boat is constantly changing, the starting platforms would be too small to span the pit. and on.

Frankly I haven't really studied the Oak Island thing too much, but it seems to me there was a matter of a block and tackle on an overhanging tree originally, no? Also, just how did the long boat manage to get into a vertical position by mother nature ?

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. may I personally give the one htat developed this idea a 100% thumbs up for thinking outside of the box, as they say. It is very creative, and excellent..

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it is obviously nothing more than a well designed privy. with the water table near the ocean it had to be deep to avoid fouling the drinking water

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
After listening to the video a second time, I am inclined to believe Mr. Singh's answer to this mystery. Maybe it needs a few tweeks here and there,...but I am inclined to believe that it IS an old vessel that has lodged into the terrain...hundreds of years ago.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We may never know...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

ex nihilo

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The History Channel is airing a 6-part doc series on Oak Island featuring two brothers from Michigan:skullflag:. Begins tonight 10pm EST.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The History Channel is airing a 6-part doc series on Oak Island featuring two brothers from Michigan:skullflag:. Begins tonight 10pm EST.

I got my dvr set...now I just need to make sure I have plenty of ice cream ready.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” who were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth.
This organization is known as - The “Freemasons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s
It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking naval officers, who were also Masonic members of the Freemasons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”.
These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III.
These members were:
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Freemasons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized.
Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762.
Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain.
The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.

At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic 13th degree “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern below ground was located, and could access it by digging down 20 feet.

Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island, it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure. They claimed that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.

The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.
1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers when used to cross triangulate and a set degree on the sextant point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795

One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure.
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons.

The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Freemasons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LOL! 33 Degrees of Scottish Rite-SOUTHERN Jurisdiction (Albert Pike) didn't even exist THEN! AND! It was PURELY AMERICAN! The BRITS had ONLY 7 degrees; 1-3 & then the HOLY ROYAL ARCH (4-7) aka YORK RITE. Bro. George Washington was YORK RITE of Royal Arch Masons; the BRITS called it HOLY ROYAL ARCH

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, the 33rd degree is a Scottish Rite bestowed upon Freemasons not as a rank but as an honor.
I have edited this claim from my theory
The Freemasons named were all high ranked Freemasons, with Washington Shirley and Benjamin Franklin having the highest rank a Freemason can obtain - that of "Grand Master".

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Hmmm. In 1762 George III was not the next successor, he was the king. And no one thought he was unstable until much later on. He was a young man and was certainly more popular than all the German Georges that preceded him. I would think the Whigs were more worried about a return of Bonnie Prince Charlie who was still skilking round Europe. And the Whigs were only out of power briefly for less than a year in the 1760s. Seems a lot of work when you can just bribe a few MPs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread