Oak Island Cross Treasure Sign

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1)The Freemasons could have used a small work force to start and prepare the preliminary work for the “Oak Island’s Tunnels and Shaft” with knowledge and instructions supplied from past “Enlightened Patrons”.

The preliminary work? How long do you think it would take a "company of cornish miners" to hand-dig the money pit, let alone the flood tunnels? This was no week long affair. Coffer dams had to be built, box drains had to be built, this was a major undertaking! Even moving some of those boulders around would have been a daunting task!

Work may have been done during the day under the guise of scraping the hull of a ship.

How long does it take to scrape the hull of a ship vs build a network of tunnels a hundred feet below the ground?

The original discovers had reported locating a large bolder in “Smith’s Cove” with a “hand forged iron ring-bolt” inserted in it.

This could have been placed by any group of sailors happening to pass by the area looking to moor for the night.

This “ring” was only visible at low tide and may have been used by seafarers to moor and careening "heaving down" their boats.

It would have made a good and accepted moorage for sea boats, due to its proximity to the mainland and the large tide variance in Mahone Bay.

See above. Anyone could have placed the ring, it was a high traffic area for sailors.

I would “Imagine” that when the main “Flotilla of Ships” arrived, they would have moored farther out to sea, with some of the workforce camped on “Frog Island” and only those day workers doing impending work located on “Oak Island”.

A flotilla of ships surely would have caught the eye of the locals? It would have been near enough to clearly see. "Hey Bob, I wonder what those ten huge ships are doing moored out by Oak Island?"

The positioning of these islands (especially Frog Island) to the Mainland offered a reduced exposure to locals seeing any lights, unless someone at night had gone out to sea or avoided and bypassed the posted Sentries on these Islands.

Frog island is still visible from the mainland. Camp fires burning on Frog island would be quite visible from the mainland. Any activity on either Frog or Oak islands for the amount of time this construction would have taken would have been noticed and surely remarked upon. If they wanted to work in secret, which they obviously would have, they could have picked a better island! Maybe one not so close to the mainland?

During the 18th Century and without electricity, locals tended not to go out or stray far from their lodgings at night.

Lights seen at night were usually attributed to some sort of encampment or worse, part of evil folk lore.

So you admit that lights seen at night would have been noticed by the locals. Nowadays no one would even bat an eyelid. Back then a camp fire on an uninhabited island would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

There was only one need for the “Freemasons” to work at night on “Oak Island” and that was to set their markers or relocate these markers if they had been tampered with.

How exactly did they move those big granite boulders around? At night? Without making a hell of a ruckus?

The Celestial Settings of these markers would have been done at “Midnight during the Autumn Equinox” and the use of lanterns would have been necessary.

The Original Discoverers stated sightings to have occurred when the lights from the “American Navy” and “American Freemason Workers” were seen with their recovery mission.

This is a giant Robot "assumption." For all we know the lights were from other kids wandering around at night. After months of camping and working on the islands, the presence of these workers would surely have been known to the locals. So why would the discoverers be surprised by a few lights in the darkness? Why didn't they find the true location of the vault buried just twenty feet below ground? Surely the dirt would have been fresh if the brits had just dug up their treasure?

These American Ships were safely venturing into British waters protected under the “Treaty of Amity 1794” with the full approval of President George Washington and the Freemasons controlling the Royal Navy out of Halifax.

Their brief stop at “Oak Island” was to “Open” the “Treasure Vault” and “Remove” the “Freemason’s Treasures”.

Surely it would take more than one night to dig up the vault and remove boatloads of treasure right? Why didn't the boys see anything during the day?

The “Entry” to the “Treasure Vault” was “Concealed” and its “Contents” were “Whisked” away to their “New Protected Home”.

What home could be more protected than this? A vault system deep below ground with flood tunnels connected to the ocean? On an uninhabited island? Ain't no flood tunnels in Washington. Or New Ross for that matter.
View attachment 1084876

2)
How 14th Century Fiber and 18th Century Items could be Compatible

Yes, the argument of the Coconut Fiber carbon dating has been a stumbling block with my theory.

All the wood samples carbon dated support my theory's 18th Century time period.

Wood, especially hardwood, is notoriously hard to carbon date. This is known as the old wood effect. The heartwood of hardwood species is usually centuries old by the time the tree is felled. If the wood is taken from different parts of the tree it will date differently. Not to mention the fact that eighteenth century wood was likely used in the nineteenth century exploration of the money pit.

All the items found on the island support my theory's 18th Century time period.

So spanish maravedis from 1600 support your theory's timeline? How about the boatswain whistle carved out of ivory? The british navy did not use whistles like this. Cornish pick axe could easily have been used during one of the nineteenth century excavations. A pick axe is a pick axe.

But how could 2 or maybe 3 carbon testings’ (if the Lagina brothers claim to having done one) all arrive with the 14th century as the probable date for this fiber?

14th century at the latest. Likely earlier than that.

It was not until I reread R.V. Harris’s letter August 19th, 1966 where he presumed the massive amount of Coconut Fiber came from the West Indies that I realized I had overlooked another possibility.

This was the probability that these Coconut Fibers did indeed come from the West Indies and not from the Caribbean and Central America.

Where I was wrong was in presuming that in the 18th century there was an industry in the Caribbean and Central America producing Coconut Fibers and these Fibers came from this part of the World.

It makes more sense that the Coconut Fiber Industry was only in Malaysia.

Spanish ships from the West Indies would cart supplies and trade to Havana and off load and store this packing material prior to taking the gold shipments back to Spain.

The Keppels would have had boat loads of this material stored at Havana, readily available for their plans at Oak Island.

This allows for the carbon dating of the Coconut Fibers to be 14th Century, while all other stated items found (Wood Pieces and Wood Platforms, Block and Tackle, Cornish Poll-Pick, Ax, Scissors, Shoe, Parchment Paper, Ruler, Anchor Flute, Nails, Metal Fragments, Chain, Boatswain Whistle, Wrought Iron Stove, and Navy Button) to be compatible with the 18th Century, and conform with the Freemasons as builders of The Money Pit at Oak Island.

Clearly it wasn't much of an industry if they hadn't produced any new stuff in four hundred years. Your reasoning still does not explain this huge age discrepancy. Also, many of the items you describe could have washed up on shore or been brought to the island by british settlers. You are making leaps again. Just because a pair of spanish scissors are found does not mean that it was spaniards on the island does it?

This allows for the Scientist who documented the history of the Coconut Seed to be correct in that although the Coconut Tree arrived in the Caribbean during the 16th Century there was not a flourishing Coconut Fiber Industry outside of Malaysia prior to the 1700's ad.

This allows him to be correct? Interesting wording. It still does not explain why the fibre is carbon dated to five hundred years before your timeline.

This theory would still disqualify Vikings, Knights Templar and Druids as possible builders, as they did not have access to this quantity of fibers in their time period from the West Indies.

Arab writers from the 11th century describe the extensive use of coir on their ships. Fact is you have no idea what they really had access to.

3)
The "Freemason's Treasure Vault" was not built to "House Funds" for "America's Fight for Independence from England", but to "Guard" the "Entrusted Treasures" of the "Freemasons" which had been accumulated over the "Centuries"and to "Establish" future "Free Masonry" in the "New World".
Why go to such extreme lengths to hide a treasure you are going to come back for in a few years? Surely the treasure would have been safe somewhere more practical, say a basement in Annapolis Royal? Don't you see the logical fallacy in creating an impenetrable vault you are only going to use for a little while? Why not just keep everything in the same place until you move it to Washington? The more you move it the greater the risks of it being stolen.

Added my comments in bold.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I can sum up your "Questions" with a "Saying"

A "Wise Man" asks "Questions" to "Understand" but a "Fool" asks "Questions" to "Prove" his "Foolishness"!

Robot: November 26th, 2014

"But" from your "Questions" I believe you to be a "Wise Man"?

Last edited:

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your theory sounds like the plot to National Treasure 3. It is more convoluted and holy than a piece of swiss cheese shaped like the virgin Mary.

revpo

Dec 3, 2004
SOUTHERN INDIANA
INTERESTING answers and theories. I believe on the last show they found a TEMPLAR coin, makes one wonder how many visited the ISLAND...
Hopefully they find something, a ton of money spent.
REVPO

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
INTERESTING answers and theories. I believe on the last show they found a TEMPLAR coin, makes one wonder how many visited the ISLAND...
Hopefully they find something, a ton of money spent.
REVPO

After the find ?

I bet they will have some touristas come through for sure.......LOTS of visitors.....lol

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the Knights Templar came there first, a long time before, after their leader was burnt and they escaped to Nova Scotia (Acadia) and crafted a "Glory Hole"..........LOL....

while setting the troves and his ashes elsewhere, that's what is being proposed as they keep digging in numerous locations with additional reinforcement coming in from different areas. BTW no matter how 'wrong' all this talk seems, more info has been documented in this time, than in any other time of the research of this mystery, as far as the numerous documentaries are concerned.

And the Masons in 1700's knew about the island, and the trap, so they also buried their Pirated Spanish trove there in Nova Scotia too, using something related to the Bedford Basin markings to guide them, while using Captain Kydd as the front for their treasures. The Masons later came for their trove on Oak Island. I agree, they dug it up from a location near the Money Pit. Some of it was used, and some of it was placed in storage in another place called Bedford, in a basin below a pyramidal-shaped Sharp Mtn, in VA. The clues encrypted on an original copy of the Dec of Independence, and stored in a safe place with Ben Franklin's Eyeglass Piece as evidence he was there, leaving Ben Franklin to be the 'one eyed Pirate who was involved in the heist and secreting these clues and the "Key" the DOI in another location.

View attachment 1085184

Thats why we have templar and masonic stuff laying around in different areas. Two different missions, and two different enemies.

The first was Jaques De Molay, and the escape from the Vatican and Holy See, and the second was a Masonic arrangement to overthrow the King and Parliament.....led by the founding Fathers......pretty intense planning

nowadays someone has a Youtube vid posted about them and they are ruined for life.

Look whos in control now?? the same enemies of the Templars.......whoa the battle continues

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Eldo
Whenever a theory includes clues in the Declaration of Independence my eyes start to glaze over...

And aren't all mountains somewhat pyramid shaped?

Has it ever been discussed that the Templars were known to be expert tunnellers?

While being stationed by the Temple Mount during the crusades, the knights dug tunnels below the Mount into the ruins of the Temple of Solomon and possibly recovered the Ark, which we all know is the greatest of all treasures.

An object given to man by God.

They then returned to Scotland with the Ark, according to legend.

These tunnels beneath the Temple Mount have been documented, as well as numerous artifacts that fit the theory.

There is a historic precedent for the knights being expert tunnellers.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Eldo
Whenever a theory includes clues in the Declaration of Independence my eyes start to glaze over...
Some great weed I guess

And aren't all mountains somewhat pyramid shaped?
No

Has it ever been discussed that the Templars were known to be expert tunnellers?
Anyone can dig, but this is not just a tunnel, but a well engineered plan. To engineer this you need to understand the hydrodynamics that Archimedes and Davinci had studied, not everyone had that knowledge, this knowledge was kept so safe they would even blind architects to keep them from recreating their masterpieces back then, and what we overlook as common knowledge, was kept in the dark ages behind a Veil of Blasphemy. They had military expertise, and could easily use it to dig a trap.

While being stationed by the Temple Mount during the crusades, the knights dug tunnels below the Mount into the ruins of the Temple of Solomon and possibly recovered the Ark, which we all know is the greatest of all treasures.

So funny you say this.......the Temple of Jerusalem was sacked and the Holiest of Holies removed to the Roman court under Titus in 70AD......after conquering Jerusalem who knows when they were returned, if they ever were, we cannot tell yet, until we find more clues

View attachment 1085582

An object given to man by God.

Given to man by the 'SKY GODS' with chariots in the sky....they left the Egyptians who worshiped these deities, a tool to create power, electricity, an 'arc' of electricity, something akin to a nuclear battery........the Egyptians crafted the Ark in the BC eras to contain it, and use it for their Temples, as it not only generated Ankh through the Ark, an eternal and universal life source, it brought about the growth of plants and other life on earth through the harmpny or orgone energy it generated through the Pyramid themselves. It was very sacred to them.

When Moses, the adopted prince of Egyptian family, was angry at the enslavement of his people, he gathered in secret with the Tat Brotherhood, the enslaved builders of Egypt (not the paid ones) and they stole the Ark before it could be placed in the Great Pyramid of Khufu, hence the empty Kings Chamber, and the burial in the Valley in the Kings.

When Moses had left he had a good head start. He made his way through the northern areas of the Nile Delta when he parted the REED SEA at low tide, not the red sea, and when the Pharoah and his men caught up to them in this area on chariots (the Pharoah Ramses sent his WHOLE ARMY AFTER THEM???? because the ark was theirs and was everything to the Egyptians, the original people here), the seas rose through the time crossing and they were caught in the flood

They then returned to Scotland with the Ark, according to legend.

Playing bagpipes the whole way I am sure..........LOL

These tunnels beneath the Temple Mount have been documented, as well as numerous artifacts that fit the theory.

The tunnels dug?? Were from the raid on Jerusalem in 70AD.....If you were going to the "Holy Land" to set up rule over the Marauding Arabs and Persians, and protect your artifacts and religion, why would you then go on a trove diggin party for your ancestors bones and gold???

Doesn't sound like these men were in need to protect something buried forever in a secret tunnel, If only a few knew, then why dig them up again?? doesnt make sense.

That's just part of the legend

There is a historic precedent for the knights being expert tunnellers.

Digging up artifacts and hiding them forever??? While saying HAHA, no artifacts for you, we are the knights templar, we protect the holy land, and were not telling you were your religious artifacts are, you believe in us right??

I dont think they took anything from Jerusalem during the crusades.....but thats a great story to get someone to stop looking in Jerusalem.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a strange picture I dug up from somewhere. Didn't really research it. Was a druid festival thing. Kinda has a familiar look though. DruidFestivals.gif

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a really intriguing photo... What do you make of the symbols on the ship's sail? Kind of reminiscent of the "V" symbol found on that stone at Hobson's.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A "Picture" can "Say" a "Thousand Words" but this one is "Confusing" !

Here's a strange picture I dug up from somewhere. Didn't really research it. Was a druid festival thing. Kinda has a familiar look though. View attachment 1085587

What I find curious is that the Druids were of the Iron Age (0 to 700 ad) the vessel in the picture appears to be a 13th-14th Century Ship?

13-14th Century Ships.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generic ship outline, probably random selected pic art

applecrack

Jan 22, 2014
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Whites XLT
Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Robot, I read your post and found it truly fascinating. It has given me much to ponder. Thanks for sharing. This site is for sharing and should be safe from ridicule. Most people appreciate posts like yours. Ur posting gives others the courage to post their thoughts and theories which drive the site further into the unknown. That unknown is what helps us all. Thanks Robot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread