Oak Island Cross Treasure Sign

Mikey667

Feb 13, 2014
Your Mom's House, Florida
Detector(s) used
The BIG one
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm curious as anyone else as to what could be there. So...

If you want it to be Templar or some religious group, this is a probable layout of the cross. The cross boulder points are based on the Golgotha cross, I'm not going to explain it's meaning, you can research it yourself.
Some of the points, like the head of the cross , which makes the Templar cross (looks like + sign), are obviously not found yet. I also converted the units on one picture to gold cubits, which was a measurement in which biblical vessels of gold and silver such as the Ark of the covenant were measured. One gold cubit = 10.8 inches .

To make nice round numbers , requires a few of the original foot measurements to be adjusted slightly, 145 feet=144 feet (160 g cubits) , 429 feet= 432 feet (480 g cubits), 293 feet= 288 feet (320 g cubits). This is within 1.7% error on the largest deviation, which could be human error on the ground. The 360 foot measurement becomes 400 gold cubits. The boulder with the letter G could relate to the distances from the supposed skull in the middle of this line , and the G represents the number 400 in some medieval writings.

Note that this makes proportions very noticeable on the layout and easy to find.
View attachment 946283 View attachment 946436 View attachment 946284

The Cross is aligned with it's head pointing to summer solstice sunrise, and foot pointing to winter solstice sunset, which are some pretty big Templar type holy days.

The bottom leg of the cross is tilted, and there is a reason for this, and a reason that a possible dig spot would be at one of tips, especially on the left most point. It also would align true North/South.

So with this , unless these boulder positions were "cherry picked" by the guy who last measured them, I would be 98.3 % confident that this is the intended layout. The tree of life layout that someone thought out may somehow be overlaid, but this is the one with real measurements that are already within a couple feet, in which you really don't need to find any other points to make it valid. Just go measure 144 feet true north (160 gold cubits) from the boulder one up from the boulder at the foot of the cross and metal detect or dig. No swamp to deal with, can be verified in minutes, just have to dig if anything out the ordinary is there. Maybe it's a buried rock map. Worth checking out.

Excellent post!

Mikey667

Feb 13, 2014
Your Mom's House, Florida
Detector(s) used
The BIG one
Primary Interest:
Other
Quinoa, this is some pretty amazing stuff. You figured this all by your lonesome?

A quickie summation on your part, if you will: You mentioned that pirates after the downfall of the Templars in 1307, began using the skull and crossbones a bit of years later. In your opinion, do you think it was possible pirates used that flag in honor of the Templars? Many Pirate ships used the "Jolly Roger" as a means of intimidation. We also know many pirates of that time had a strict moral code afforded to most of their ilk. Any opinions?

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The skull and crossbones which also is related to Golgotha was a symbol that the Knights Templar brought about and used on a flag in battle. They also wore jewelry with them, and symbolized this skull and crossbone in burial. Pirates used this symbol sometime later after the prosecution of the Templars in 1307. Again the the top part of the Golgotha cross shaped like the "plus sign" is the same shape cross the Templars chose to represent them.

I did a quik overlay and the spot I marked out actually ends up about 10-15 feet off the roadway that circles through the island. If it's really there, there shouldn't be anything directly representing the spot, it should all be underground. The reason you mark things with a layout, is so you never have to mark the dig spot. You measure from a point on the layout and dig. Or so I've been told.

Any idea what the skull and cross bones represented? Have you ever seen it used with crossed sabers below the skull with a "K" under the saber handles?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Is the Nolan's Cross "Cygnus" pointing to the Freemason's Treasure Vault?

CCF16042014_0002.jpg CCF15042014_0002.jpg CCF15042014_0001.jpg

Unlike a Pirate’s Map written on a piece of paper with trees and rocks for markers, my research shows that the 18th Century Freemasons were far too intelligent to rely on any man made printed maps or natural markers to relocate their Treasure Vault.

The treasure they buried was far too precious to be subject to possible destruction from the actions of man or nature.

These Freemasons were navigators, astronomers, and mathematicians who I believe used indestructible Celestial Markers for their map.

I believe from my research that they used such a map for their Treasure Vault at Oak Island.

The Celestial Map was derived from their past Grand Master of Freemasonry and their esteemed member of the Royal Society of London, Sir Francis Bacon.

Francis Bacon left many clues to where this treasure would be located and on following these I believe I have located where the Treasure Vault at Oak Island is.

I used my computer’s 18th Century’s Celestial Program with the time and dates supplied by Bacon’s clues to reconstruct the markers the Freemasons left behind, the location of the Money Pit and the final destination of the Treasure Vault.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Quinoa, this is some pretty amazing stuff. You figured this all by your lonesome?

A quickie summation on your part, if you will: You mentioned that pirates after the downfall of the Templars in 1307, began using the skull and crossbones a bit of years later. In your opinion, do you think it was possible pirates used that flag in honor of the Templars? Many Pirate ships used the "Jolly Roger" as a means of intimidation. We also know many pirates of that time had a strict moral code afforded to most of their ilk. Any opinions?

MY R & I indicate that SOME KT became PIRATES; S & C was important for BOTH! Whether S & C was Skull & Crossbones OR! Square & Compass, as SEXTANT! "WE" are FRIENDS to PIRATES & CORSAIRS...

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

What research? Something we can read somewhere?

Hi Barrymossel

Welcome to "Treasure Net" where we are "free" to present one's ideas, research and theories without the "fear" of reprisal or ridicule.

Many knowledgeable forum members may provide "constructive criticism" to help refine and correct these theories.

I have previously posted some of my theories here in this forum and will present this for your consideration.

The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” that were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth.
This organization is known as - The “Freemasons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s
It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking naval officers, who were also Masonic degree members of the Freemasons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”.
These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III.
These members were:
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Freemasons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized.
Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762.
Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain.
The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.

At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern below ground was located, and could access it by digging down 20 feet.

Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island, it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure. They claimed that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.

The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.
1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers along with the Star Map are used to cross triangulate and a set degree on the sextant point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795

One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure.
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons.

The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Freemasons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone informed the two brothers digging on Oak Island of this theory? It would be interesting if they were to find an empty chamber twenty feet down.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the Cave-in pit was the chamber that held the goods??

Do you think this is a possibility, and that they removed the goods from it and it later collapsed, or just formed from erosion??

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
“Truth is Stranger than Fiction”

Has anyone informed the two brothers digging on Oak Island of this theory? It would be interesting if they were to find an empty chamber twenty feet down.

I am sure it has been brought to their attention as I have posted my theory all over the internet, other forums, and You Tube etc.

I believe that the “Treasure Vault” is still safe and secure at the North/West end of the Island and must be located to complete this mystery.

All searching and filming for Season 2 would have already been completed.

The Nova Scotia Government has remarked on the finding of over 100 artifacts, but they have not stated any word as to the finding of the “Treasure Vault”.

No one from the show or the Lagina brothers has requested my help with the solving of its location.

“Truth is Stranger than Fiction” when it comes to how The Freemasons set up their markers to relocate their treasure.

Like fictional movies (National Treasure, Indiana Jones, etc.) where at a certain hour of the day a celestial act divulges the location of the treasure, so it was with how the Freemasons used the celestial stars to point to theirs.

My research shows that during only "one set time each year" are "those celestial stars aligned" to display the markers laid out on the Island which triangulate and point to the location of the “Treasure Vault”.

The next available date being "Midnight, September 23rd, 2015 (Autumn Equinox)".

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"The Junction Box"

Maybe the Cave-in pit was the chamber that held the goods??

Do you think this is a possibility, and that they removed the goods from it and it later collapsed, or just formed from erosion??

One of the best engineering reports was that of John Whitney Lewis in 1957

http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/archive/lewis.pdf

It shows how the flood tunnels were constructed with the 5 feeder tunnels from the ocean arriving at a junction box on shore and then the single tunnel running on to the Money Pit's shaft.

This Junction Box was necessary in order to unite the Flood Tunnel to the Feeder Tunnels once both had been separately completed.

This Junction Box or Chamber was supposedly discovered when in the 1800's a local cow fell through it and had to be rescued.

I do not believe that this collapsed chamber was where the "Treasure Vault" was located.

The spiral tunnel to the "Treasure Vault" indicated by Lewis, goes off into a Northerly direction.

No Celestial Markers point to it and on the contrary all markers point to the Northern location for this "Treasure Vault".

The Freemasons would not have wanted their treasure compromised by water or to interfere with the booby trapping of the Money Pit's shaft.

They would have known that searchers would eventually figure out the tunnels and try to locate and shut them off and may have inadvertently located the treasure if it was in this location.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does seem to be they found some other tunnels back in the day too

there were the five fingers of death from smiths cove, the single tunnel to the south cove, and they said there may have also been another tunnel leading to that area you are speaking about.....in the Norhtwest region of the island

I would just look a the alignment on the star charts and get the picture instead of mapping these out that night....

might be a chance......

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Celestial Star Map"

It does seem to be they found some other tunnels back in the day too

there were the five fingers of death from smiths cove, the single tunnel to the south cove, and they said there may have also been another tunnel leading to that area you are speaking about.....in the Norhtwest region of the island

I would just look a the alignment on the star charts and get the picture instead of mapping these out that night....

might be a chance......

Yes, it is easy enough to fast forward to "September 23rd, 2015" at "Midnight" for the "Stellarium's" time date to show the "Constellations" as they will appear above Oak Island.

"But"

One would need to be on the Island at this time with a "Mercury Trough" to "view" each "Star" and reset and establish any markers which may have moved or presently are not there (Triangle, Drilled Stones, location of original Money Pit, Tail Star Deneb, and finally Star Gamma Cassiopeia for the "Treasure Vaults" resting location).

Since 1762 the Earth's north celestial pole has precessed (moved) about 1.4 degrees towards Cassiopeia and would also needed to be compensated for.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing you figured it out....see you there then.....

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple questions for you Robot as you seem to think you have this all figured out.

1) How could the money pit be built in secrecy during the time period you suggest? It would have taken a fairly long time to do all that digging by hand. You really think a giant construction project like this would not have been reported by the locals? The island is a stone's throw from the mainland.

2) The coconut fibre found on or near the island predates your timeframe by at least a few hundred years. I can understand a discrepancy of maybe a hundred years if the fibre had been stockpiled, but not one this big.

3) Why go through the trouble of building an incredible vault if you are going to come back for the treasure in a few years? Why not just leave it there? It's not like they really needed it. The revolution was won by a bunch of poor farmers!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Only" a "Fool Believes" he has figured it all "Out" a "Wise Man Knows" he has "Not"!

I have a couple questions for you Robot as you seem to think you have this all figured out.

1) How could the money pit be built in secrecy during the time period you suggest? It would have taken a fairly long time to do all that digging by hand. You really think a giant construction project like this would not have been reported by the locals? The island is a stone's throw from the mainland.

2) The coconut fibre found on or near the island predates your timeframe by at least a few hundred years. I can understand a discrepancy of maybe a hundred years if the fibre had been stockpiled, but not one this big.

3) Why go through the trouble of building an incredible vault if you are going to come back for the treasure in a few years? Why not just leave it there? It's not like they really needed it. The revolution was won by a bunch of poor farmers!

1)
The Freemasons could have used a small work force to start and prepare the preliminary work for the “Oak Island’s Tunnels and Shaft” with knowledge and instructions supplied from past “Enlightened Patrons”.

Work may have been done during the day under the guise of scraping the hull of a ship.

The original discovers had reported locating a large bolder in “Smith’s Cove” with a “hand forged iron ring-bolt” inserted in it.

This “ring” was only visible at low tide and may have been used by seafarers to moor and careening "heaving down" their boats.

It would have made a good and accepted moorage for sea boats, due to its proximity to the mainland and the large tide variance in Mahone Bay.

I would “Imagine” that when the main “Flotilla of Ships” arrived, they would have moored farther out to sea, with some of the workforce camped on “Frog Island” and only those day workers doing impending work located on “Oak Island”.

The positioning of these islands (especially Frog Island) to the Mainland offered a reduced exposure to locals seeing any lights, unless someone at night had gone out to sea or avoided and bypassed the posted Sentries on these Islands.

During the 18th Century and without electricity, locals tended not to go out or stray far from their lodgings at night.

Lights seen at night were usually attributed to some sort of encampment or worse, part of evil folk lore.

There was only one need for the “Freemasons” to work at night on “Oak Island” and that was to set their markers or relocate these markers if they had been tampered with.

The Celestial Settings of these markers would have been done at “Midnight during the Autumn Equinox” and the use of lanterns would have been necessary.

The Original Discoverers stated sightings to have occurred when the lights from the “American Navy” and “American Freemason Workers” were seen with their recovery mission.

These American Ships were safely venturing into British waters protected under the “Treaty of Amity 1794” with the full approval of President George Washington and the Freemasons controlling the Royal Navy out of Halifax.

Their brief stop at “Oak Island” was to “Open” the “Treasure Vault” and “Remove” the “Freemason’s Treasures”.

The “Entry” to the “Treasure Vault” was “Concealed” and its “Contents” were “Whisked” away to their “New Protected Home”.
Oak Island - Frog Island.png

2)
How 14th Century Fiber and 18th Century Items could be Compatible

Yes, the argument of the Coconut Fiber carbon dating has been a stumbling block with my theory.

All the wood samples carbon dated support my theory's 18th Century time period.

All the items found on the island support my theory's 18th Century time period.

But how could 2 or maybe 3 carbon testings’ (if the Lagina brothers claim to having done one) all arrive with the 14th century as the probable date for this fiber?

It was not until I reread R.V. Harris’s letter August 19th, 1966 where he presumed the massive amount of Coconut Fiber came from the West Indies that I realized I had overlooked another possibility.

This was the probability that these Coconut Fibers did indeed come from the West Indies and not from the Caribbean and Central America.

Where I was wrong was in presuming that in the 18th century there was an industry in the Caribbean and Central America producing Coconut Fibers and these Fibers came from this part of the World.

It makes more sense that the Coconut Fiber Industry was only in Malaysia.

Spanish ships from the West Indies would cart supplies and trade to Havana and off load and store this packing material prior to taking the gold shipments back to Spain.

The Keppels would have had boat loads of this material stored at Havana, readily available for their plans at Oak Island.

This allows for the carbon dating of the Coconut Fibers to be 14th Century, while all other stated items found (Wood Pieces and Wood Platforms, Block and Tackle, Cornish Poll-Pick, Ax, Scissors, Shoe, Parchment Paper, Ruler, Anchor Flute, Nails, Metal Fragments, Chain, Boatswain Whistle, Wrought Iron Stove, and Navy Button) to be compatible with the 18th Century, and conform with the Freemasons as builders of The Money Pit at Oak Island.

This allows for the Scientist who documented the history of the Coconut Seed to be correct in that although the Coconut Tree arrived in the Caribbean during the 16th Century there was not a flourishing Coconut Fiber Industry outside of Malaysia prior to the 1700's ad.

This theory would still disqualify Vikings, Knights Templar and Druids as possible builders, as they did not have access to this quantity of fibers in their time period from the West Indies.

3)
The "Freemason's Treasure Vault" was not built to "House Funds" for "America's Fight for Independence from England", but to "Guard" the "Entrusted Treasures" of the "Freemasons" which had been accumulated over the "Centuries"and to "Establish" future "Free Masonry" in the "New World".

The "Freemasons" were unaware of how long a time period would be required until a "Safe Haven" was once again established in "Washington".

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14th century coconut fibers = 1 of 3 options

1) Knights Templar evading persecution in France in the middle 1300's, voyage to Nova Scotia (Acadia) to wait it out, and plan their movements of goods here fearing the coming days, while digging the Money Pit as a fool's distraction, hiding the remnants of the Urn of Jacques De Molay and their treasures of artifacts in the second location

2) The Coconut fibers were collected from old husks, dried husks collected from Bermuda, and the Caribbean, which makes the Tree the source of the Carbon date, which being a tree could have possibly laid dozens of old nuts, and have been doing so for a few decades, or even a century in certain climates? Therefore offsetting the date of the carbon dating by up to a century. These are some of the most advanced trees to be able to live surrounded by the salt water, and live in the sands, rooting with little water or soil. These nuts that fall seasonally would be everywhere when they first arrived and there were thousands of trees in the Bahamas, a hop skip and a jump away from Nova Scotia for the Spanish in the area in the 1500's as well.

3) Both options are asserted, and the end result is the French Knights (near Spain as well) came here and planned, and over time had the message passed, that when it was safe, to have these buried in Nova Scotia to secure them there. They spoke of a side chamber to gain access of the Temple in Jerusalem, it is likely there was a side chamber that was used to fill the chest, but who knows.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread