History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
One has to ascertain how much past evidence, affidavits and historical stories are required or needed to convince and prove ones’ theories to others.

Not much, if it all checks out. The problem here is that none of it checks out, so we have to disregard the specifics and go for the "big picture" approach, all the while realizing that any (or all) of the specific bits of evidence are questionable at best. But what does this say about the big picture? If we disregard each individual piece of evidence as being unreliable (as we must) and instead assume that, taken together, the story is sound, we're basing theories on a story that itself is built from garbage. If that story is indeed correct, it's only by coincidence.

As I've pointed out earlier, much of the evidence that the current theories are based on don't actually support the current theories when taken all together, but only when cherry picking. Up until a few decades ago, it was a pirate treasure. Most believe that it's something else now, but all of the early evidence supported a pirate treasure. We can either go back to the pirate treasure theory or else we can accept that that early evidence was incorrect or fake, but we can't have it both ways unless we question all of it. When we question all of it, we find that most (if not all) of it is not really evidence at all. It's almost entirely made up of stories, speculation, bad photographs, and assumptions.

It would compare to the Billions of people today who believe in their found Faith through recorded stories, without providing the claimed ancient hard evidence (Ark of the Covenant, Holy Grail, Rod of Moses and Golden Tablets, etc.).

A very interesting comparison and one that I feel is both correct and insightful. Unfortunately, I don't think that this solidifies your case, but rather points out the blurry area between beliefs based on evidence and beliefs based on faith. This has become a religion to some, and no matter how much contrary evidence that I turn up, there are people that will still believe in it.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
And YET! From FUTURE Time/Space... ALL those Lights in the sky above Oak Island, etc. DANG Aliens did it!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
New Season Announced

Quote from Evan Perry - Traverse Magazine

Hi all,

Thanks for keeping this forum alive. I wanted to give a little follow up about the show:

The Curse of Oak Island has resumed filming as of early 2014—the show was picked up for another season by the History Channel. I’m not sure how many episodes will be broadcast for the second season, and I also don’t know when it will be televised. However, it’s a conservative guess that the next season will run from 8 to 13 episodes (based on my assuming the History Channel would want to expand the length of the season) and that it will be broadcast in the winter, as most of the filming and excavation/exploration work will take place in the summer of 2014.

I also want to say that the Laginas and those attached to the Oak Island excavation do not review the contents of this page; Marty, Craig and Shari were very nice to do the interview, but they are very busy will other, notably more pedestrian projects. I wouldn't recommend attempting to contact them.

I can say with certainty that the Laginas, Testers, and all involved with this project are motivated by discovery and transparency—the very notion of their having a TV show evinces their willingness to share their results with the public. So speculate as you please; just be aware that their work is framed as a TV show, so of course certain information that one might expect to be obvious may be withheld for dramatic purposes. Those participating in this forum are likely to be the most interested in actively learning about Oak Island and its history, but the TV show is designed to appeal to a much wider audience. While I would love to personally discover more about the goings-on at Oak Island by speaking with the Laginas et al., I prefer to allow the show to speak for itself. Ultimately: In Rick I Trust.

Thanks,

Evan Perry
[email protected]

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd afternon my friends, coffee is over there --> :coffee2::coffee2:

For those that are not aware of the amplitude of the tidal change at approx that Latitude see both pictures

One can easily see two things, basic level of the ocean is negligible as far as physical effect is in the region.

Second, One can easily see why the tidal factor is useful for ship repairs or careening to remove marine growth or caulking. coconut fibres naturally :laughing7:

hi tide 1.jpg ebb tide.jpg

hi tide.jpg ebb tide 2.jpg

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Why Pirates had little need to build the Money Pit

With my theory I believe “Pirates” did not play a part in the building of the Money Pit at Oak Island.

Pirates had little need to build a private bank such as the Money Pit at Oak Island when there were more than enough Banks, Financial Houses and Merchants living in New York during this time period to accommodate them.

Pirates such as Every, Morgan, Tew and the famous Captain Kidd bribed New York's governors for protection and used these Financial Houses to launder their treasure. Captain Every was so prolific at this that he was one of the few pirates to retire back to an estate in England with benefits.

Many of the men we call pirates today were legal privateers acting with the full blessings of England.
“The enemy of my enemy is my friend”
It was only if they attacked British ships or after England signed peace treaties with their enemies were these privateers labeled again as pirates.

During the Golden Age of Piracy many of these famous Pirates chose to live in New York while Edward Hyde, 3rd Earl of Clarendon was appointed as colonial governor (1701 – 1708).
Governor Hyde’s flamboyant manner of dressing was only surpassed by his reputation as the worst corrupt governor Britain ever appointed to an American colony.

Captain Kidd lived in a mansion in New York and was also involved with the construction of Trinity Church.

It was only later when England proceeded to rid their colonies of this corruption and pirating that many moved on.

England encouraged loyalist merchants and privateers to move to Nova Scotia as part of their reaction against the growing revolution in the American colonies and these colonies’ willing acceptance to trade with France and Spain against British embargos.

Many British privateers operating out of Lunenburg Nova Scotia attacked these ships and used Halifax merchants similar to those operating in New York to exchange their booty with.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
With my theory I believe “Pirates” did not play a part in the building of the Money Pit at Oak Island.

This is interesting. Up until a few decades ago, everyone was sure that there was pirate treasure buried there, all the way back to the early 19th century. That theory is no longer popular.

What evidence has been recovered between then and now to justify the shift in direction?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
18th Century Freemason's Celestial Map for the location of "The Treasure Vault"

CCF16042014_0002.jpg CCF15042014_0001.jpg CCF15042014_0002.jpg

Unlike a Pirate’s Map written on a piece of paper with trees and rocks for markers, my research shows that the 18th Century Freemasons were far too intelligent to rely on any man made printed maps or natural markers to relocate their Treasure Vault.

The treasure they buried was far too precious to be subject to possible destruction from the actions of man or nature.

These Freemasons were navigators, astronomers, and mathematicians who I believe used indestructible Celestial Markers for their map.

I believe from my research that they used such a map for their Treasure Vault at Oak Island.

This Celestial Map was derived from their past Grand Master of Freemasonry and their esteemed member of the Royal Society of London, Sir Francis Bacon.

Francis Bacon left many clues to where this treasure would be located and on following these I believe I have located where the Treasure Vault at Oak Island is.

I used my computer’s 18th Century’s Celestial Program with the time and dates supplied by Bacon’s clues to reconstruct the markers the Freemasons left behind, the location of the Money Pit and the final destination of the Treasure Vault.

Final proof would require persuading the Lagina brothers or Fred Nolan (if this specified location is on his property) to proceed with digging the necessary 20 foot hole.

Snipes

Jan 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears your insanity has single handedly destroyed this thread! J/k ..... or am I? ;)

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
How to view the Freemason’s Celestial Map for the Oak Island Treasure Vault

Download:
Stellarium at:
Stellarium
Click on left lower side to open menu
Click on first window – location
Set up information:
Latitude: N44 deg. 30’ 47.38”
Longitude: W64 deg.17’ 28.75”
Altitude: 38m
Name/City: Oak Island
Planet: Earth
Click on second window – Date/Time window
Set up information:
Year: 1762
Month: 9th month
Day: 21st day
Time: 0 – 0 - 0
The Oak Island Money pit was built by the Freemasons in 1762 ad
Bacon left clues as to month, day, and time.
Click on lower menu:
Constellation Lines
Click on lower menu:
Constellation labels

Turn the Star Map so you are facing North and adjust it so Vega can just be seen on the lower horizon.
You are now viewing the Celestial Night Sky from where their Triangle was located as the Freemasons did in 1762 ad.
They used (which we can too) a Mercury Trough to set each marker leading up to where I show their Treasure Vault to be located on Oak Island.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ropbot, my firned, coffee ?? I had thought that all had recognized that Global warming by man is such an isignificient thing that it is a fraud and money making scheme? In fact, more ice was formed this winter than is normal

For some reason no-one places the blame on it's true owner, polar axis shift.

Oak island will be around for a while, then of course it can revert to the status of Port Royal

Don Jose de La Mancha

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ropbot, my firned, coffee ??
Oak island will be around for a while, then of course it can revert to the status of Port Royal
Don Jose de La Mancha

I am not that concerned with Sir Francis Bacon's dream of establishing a "New Atlantis" in the New World, that it would actually become like the "Old Atlantis" and sink into the Ocean.
As a betting man, my wager is that after this season on the History Channel, the Lagina brothers are going to be offering Ocean Front Condos for sale on their property at Oak Island.

I wonder if its too early to place my offer.
My map shows right where I would like my condo to be located!

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning my friend Robot, :coffee2::coffee2:, you posted --> My map show right where I would like my condo to be located!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nothing like excellent foundations no matter how deep one must go -- be sure to get the mineral / treasure rights included in the title.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013
Anyone know how wood reacts in saltwater over a few hundred years? I wonder if the "tusk" thing is an old mast from a wreck.

Last edited:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is impossible to prove no treasure exists! It is only possible to prove it does! It is like proving there is no Bigfoot! I have been intrigued since first reading about it in my youth! Someone went to a tremendous amount of effort to build this... I hope their money doesn't run out before finding Treasure!

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone know how wood reacts in saltwater over a few hundred years? I wonder if the "tusk" thing is an old mast from a wreck.

According to Wiki asks.com - "In the Atlantic ocean it will last several hundred years, but not in real good shape."
How long does wood last under water

My theory (The Untold Story of the Oak Island Money Pit) has the Freemasons returning to Oak Island with the 8 captured Spanish ships from Havana.
After unloading the treasure they scuttled these ships burning the wood not used in the construction of the Money Pit.
It would be of interest if this was one of the parts from one of these ships!

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just saw during my lunch break that they are starting to run an Oak Island marathon. The new season cant be far behind right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread