History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
A Pot Bellied Stove was found under the right stone of Nolan's Cross, a massive multi tonnage stone

When was it recovered? Who found it? Where is it now?

The Pot Bellied Stove was invented by Benjamin Franklin in the 1750's

Statements like this make me wonder whether you're trolling or not. Are you being serious here or just having a bit of fun?

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013
That photo of the stove is from Wikipedia. It has nothing to do with Oak Island. This guy is either trolling or the most gullible person on the planet who assumes everything on the internet is true with no need to question sources or validity.

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That photo of the stove is from Wikipedia. It has nothing to do with Oak Island. This guy is either trolling or the most gullible person on the planet who assumes everything on the internet is true with no need to question sources or validity.

Friends Of Oak Island Society ? View topic - Megalithic Cross Treasure Sign

The statement that a Pot Bellied Stove was found on Oak Island has been common knowledge for some time
Reputable sites have commented on this find in numerous articles like the link above.
I did not say that the picture was "the" Pot Bellied Stove found on Oak Island only showing a similarity.
Maybe if you asked questions first and accused later.
If critics spent more time researching for yourselves rather than putting down any and every piece of evidence or statement maybe we would come to a conclusion on what is down there in our Century!

Last edited:

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013

The statement that a Pot Bellied Stove was found on Oak Island has been common knowledge for some time
Reputable sites have commented on this find in numerous articles like the link above.
I did not say that the picture was "the" Pot Bellied Stove found on Oak Island only showing a similarity.
Maybe if you asked questions first and accused latter.
If you critics spent more time researching for yourselves rather than putting down any and every piece of evidence or statement maybe we would come to a conclusion on what is down there in our Century!
The way one RESPONSIBLY does research is by asking questions and being skeptical. Jokers like you are the reason reasonable people interested in treasure are mocked. And commonsense says that if you're trying to convince people of "evidence" and post a picture of "evidence", said picture is implied to be THE evidence. Away with you, troll.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The way one RESPONSIBLY does research is by asking questions and being skeptical. Jokers like you are the reason reasonable people interested in treasure are mocked. And commonsense says that if you're trying to convince people of "evidence" and post a picture of "evidence", said picture is implied to be THE evidence. Away with you, troll.

Thank God for Skeptics!
If mankind’s own imagination or fantasies had not challenged the desires to search out and solve the mysteries in front of him, then the great discoveries of our world would not have taken place.
The “Wheel” may not have been invented, now found in everything from clocks to vehicles to turbines.
"The World is Flat", would have discouraged Columbus from discovering America, and "The Earth being the Center of the Universe", could have halted space exploration.
“Ask a child to name an ancient Egyptian ruler and they will either say Cleopatra or Tutankhamen.
The reason for this is the excavation of the latter’s tomb by Howard Carter in 1922 in the Valley of the Kings. Such was the wealth of treasures and objects in the tomb, and Carter’s meticulousness, it took eight years to empty the tomb and transport its contents to Cairo.”
“Heinrich Schliemann would not have discovered Troy, along with the Mycenaean sites Mycenae and Tiryns from his idea that Homer's Iliad and Virgil's Aeneid, actually reflected historical events”
No, skepticism only pushes on true discoverers to find the real truth to mysteries.
They realize the logical evidence discovered will weigh in their favor, and one day prove that something of great importance is or was buried at “Oak Island”.

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013
Thank God for Skeptics!
If mankind’s own imagination or fantasies had not challenged the desires to search out and solve the mysteries in front of him, then the great discoveries of our world would not have taken place.
The “Wheel” may not have been invented, now found in everything from clocks to vehicles to turbines.
"The World is Flat", would have discouraged Columbus from discovering America, and "The Earth being the Center of the Universe", could have halted space exploration.
“Ask a child to name an ancient Egyptian ruler and they will either say Cleopatra or Tutankhamen.
The reason for this is the excavation of the latter’s tomb by Howard Carter in 1922 in the Valley of the Kings. Such was the wealth of treasures and objects in the tomb, and Carter’s meticulousness, it took eight years to empty the tomb and transport its contents to Cairo.”
“Heinrich Schliemann would not have discovered Troy, along with the Mycenaean sites Mycenae and Tiryns from his idea that Homer's Iliad and Virgil's Aeneid, actually reflected historical events”
No, skepticism only pushes on true discoverers to find the real truth to mysteries.
They realize the logical evidence discovered will weigh in their favor, and one day prove that something of great importance is or was buried at “Oak Island”.
I think you're giving too much credit to your rock and stove if you're comparing it to past discoveries. Still, as a treasure enthusiast, I genuinely hope something gets found out there someday. If it's something you're suggesting, I hope I get proven wrong but I'm 99.9999999999999999% sure I won't be.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you're giving too much credit to your rock and stove if you're comparing it to past discoveries. Still, as a treasure enthusiast, I genuinely hope something gets found out there someday. If it's something you're suggesting, I hope I get proven wrong but I'm 99.9999999999999999% sure I won't be.

With Odds like that - I'll take that bet!

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used

Everything about Oak Island is "common knowledge," but there's seldom any physical evidence. I ask again: When was it recovered? Who found it? Where is it now?

If sites are commenting on objects that cannot be physically located, inspected, or photographed, and are basing theories on nothing more than oral traditions, I would argue very strongly that they can't be called reputable.

If critics spent more time researching for yourselves rather than putting down any and every piece of evidence or statement maybe we would come to a conclusion on what is down there in our Century!

I did do some research...about five minutes' worth. That's how I found out that Ben Franklin did not invent the pot belly stove, and that if a pot belly stove had turned up, the earliest that it could have gotten there would be about a century after the Franklin stove had been invented.

So yes, skeptics do in fact research things. Do the true believers research things? Not always, and generally not thoroughly enough.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Everything about Oak Island is "common knowledge," but there's seldom any physical evidence. I ask again: When was it recovered? Who found it? Where is it now?

If sites are commenting on objects that cannot be physically located, inspected, or photographed, and are basing theories on nothing more than oral traditions, I would argue very strongly that they can't be called reputable.

I did do some research...about five minutes' worth. That's how I found out that Ben Franklin did not invent the pot belly stove, and that if a pot belly stove had turned up, the earliest that it could have gotten there would be about a century after the Franklin stove had been invented.

So yes, skeptics do in fact research things. Do the true believers research things? Not always, and generally not thoroughly enough.

Maybe you could share with us who you claim invented the Potbelly Stove? CCF23052014_0000.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please stop all insults....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a bit of confusion between the "pot bellied stove" and the "franklin stove". The whole Oak Island story seems to have a lot of confusion in it.

Dr. Meh

Oct 15, 2013
What insults? People are just disagreeing. Surely, that's allowed on a treasure forum, is it not?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disagreements are allowed, insults are not...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Who provided that answer? Can they cite a source?

There are any number of books and websites detailing Ben Franklin's life, achievements, and inventions in painful detail. Likewise, the Franklin stove is also easily researched. You'll see that it's quite different than the pot belly stove in both design and operation. About the only things that the two stoves share are that they're made of metal and contain a fire. Beyond that, they're entirely different animals.

The question of who invented the pot belly stove (as pictured earlier in this thread) is a more difficult one, as it did not just simply appear one day. There were a number of evolutionary steps that led to it. Isaac Orr's patent of 1836 featured a stove that functioned in a similar manner but was constructed differently; of course, Orr's patent was on a design that was already in common use. I've been unable to nail down exactly when the pot belly stove (again, as pictured) definitively showed up on the scene, but it likely occurred around the middle of the 19th century. If one were truly interested in solving this little mystery, some searching of the US Patent Office database might turn up an answer. I won't have the time to do so today.

None of this is really important unless we get down to the meat of the matter though - the stove allegedly recovered from Oak Island. When was it found? Who found it? Where is it now?

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I believe that the insults that treasure hunter is refering to is the way a comments are addressed in this forum. A person is placed automatically on the defence when skeptics question their validity. There is ways of offering contradicting information without insulting the originator. By offering new information while showing some kind of respect for what the person believes. You guys have to admit that throwing an idea on Treasurenet is like throwing a hunk of raw meat into a school of piranah.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
This passive-aggressive stuff is annoying. Who is acting unacceptably?

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 999365

A Pot Bellied Stove was found under the right stone of Nolan's Cross, a massive multi tonnage stone

The Pot Bellied Stove was invented by Benjamin Franklin in the 1750's

This would corroborate with the time line of 1762 when the Freemasons built the Money Pit.

Benjamin Franklin was the lead New World Mason, an associate with the British Freemasons and a Royal Society member

Associate Members with the construction of Oak Island
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

Talk about "Advertising Placement"

Hmmmmm let's see here............

Ben Franklin did not invent the pot belly stove ......his stove is called the Franklin Stove and although he invented it in 1742 it is a far cry from the stove you have pictured above........ Benjamin Franklin's Inventions

Exactly who invented the pot belly stove is not completely clear but it is usually credited to David Rittenhouse in 1784. David Rittenhouse

So if a pot belly stove was found it couldn't have been placed there before 1784 and this is really in contrast to your 1762 Freemasons building the pit theory.So something in your theory needs to be thrown out .......Since you have stated it is common knowledge a pot belly stove was found I guess the only sensible thing to conclude is the pit was not built in 1762 by Freemasons.

I would really like to see a picture of this stove that was found.Because I would be willing to bet it will post date 1784 by many,many years.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
If Ben Franklin did not invent the Franklin Potbelly Stove than "Who did?"

Hmmmmm let's see here............

Ben Franklin did not invent the pot belly stove ......his stove is called the Franklin Stove and although he invented it in 1742 it is a far cry from the stove you have pictured above........ Benjamin Franklin's Inventions

Exactly who invented the pot belly stove is not completely clear but it is usually credited to David Rittenhouse in 1784. David Rittenhouse

So if a pot belly stove was found it couldn't have been placed there before 1784 and this is really in contrast to your 1762 Freemasons building the pit theory.So something in your theory needs to be thrown out .......Since you have stated it is common knowledge a pot belly stove was found I guess the only sensible thing to conclude is the pit was not built in 1762 by Freemasons.

I would really like to see a picture of this stove that was found.Because I would be willing to bet it will post date 1784 by many,many years.

If you read William Crooker's book Oak Island Gold you'll find an account from a man named John O'Keefe about the discovery of a pot belly stove under the right boulder on Oak Island.
“There is an interesting quote taken from "Oak Island Gold, page 178", where it mentions how several boulders were moved, before it was understood that they were part of the large megalithic "Christian Cross":
"There's a big rock up there in the field, a great big boulder. We took the bulldozer and the backhoe, rolled it over and out of the way and there underneath were pieces of an old wrought iron potbellied stove... How it ever got down there is beyond me... Fred was really surprised and we kept digging and digging and found other pieces of stuff there, too, like knives and forks. I don't know how a big rock ever got on top of all that. Why would someone go to all the trouble of digging a hole, burying all that stuff and then rolling a big rock like that over it? It just doesn't make any sense."
They did not have large cranes 4 to 500 years ago to place a large 10-ton boulder on top of these items!”

Just google “who Invented the Potbelly Stove” and you receive several replies all stating “Benjamin Franklin”

In 1742 Ben invented a new stove with dampeners which prevented the heat from escaping up the chimney.
It was stated that Ben never patented any of his inventions as he wished the use of these for the common person
Many variations of stoves were built under Benjamin Franklin's design

See links:
Benjamin Franklin – inventor of the Franklin Potbelly Stove
Benjamin Franklin - Founding Father Figure

According to Wiki Answers - Ben Franklin invented the Potbelly Stove
Who invented the potbelly stove

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sir Francis Bacon said it best "Is a Rose A Rose by any other Name"

Franklin Stove - Popular Mechanics

I believe the problem with this "Potbelly Stove" is that like the generic name Kleenex the discoverers of the "stove" at Oak Island labeled it as a Potbellied.

It being a metal stove based of Franklin's design.

Once again it adds more intrigue into the mystery of Oak Island and I believe continues to supports my thesis of the story of the Money Pit.

The (Untold) Story of The Oak Island Money Pit

The Oak Island Money Pit was constructed by the “powers that be” that were and still are to this day, the secret force that controls the course of mankind on earth.
This organization is known as - The “Freemasons”.

The story of The Oak Island Money Pit begins in the 1760’s
It was conceived by a number of Britain’s high ranking naval officers, who were also Masonic degree members of the Freemasons and belonging to the Masonic “Premier Grand Lodge of England”.
These Masons were members of the Whig Party opposed to the next successor to the throne, the unstable King George III.
These members were:
Washington Shirley, 5th Earl Ferrers – Vice Admiral - Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge – Premier Grand Lodge of England
George Anson, Baron Anson – Admiral of the Fleet
George Keppel, 3rd Earl of Albemarle - Commander-In-Chief
Augustus Keppel, 1st Viscount Keppel – Rear Admiral – Brother to George Keppel
William Keppel – Lieutenant-General – Brother to George Keppel
George Pocock – Admiral – Commander of the Invasion of Havana
and
Benjamin Franklin – First Grand Master of Pennsylvania who met in 1760 with the Grand Master of England to discuss their plan.

The Mason’s plot originated after King George III’s destruction of the Whig’s political power with his redirection of this power to the Tory Party, and the Mason’s concern of the imminent invasion of England, during the Seven Years’ War, by the joint forces of France and Spain. Spain outlawed all forms of secret organizations, including the Freemasons.

The Mason’s plan was to redirect a fortune to the “New World” (North America), to enable the transfer of the Masonic organization, if and when these fears materialized.
Their plan entailed the capture of Havana in 1762.
Havana’s Morro Castle was the Fort Knox of Spain, holding the South and Central America’s gold supply prior to its shipment to Spain.
The invasion of Havana was under the command of George Keppel, with Admiral George Pocock and Keppel’s two brothers Augustus and William Keppel, commanding the actual attack. They were successful with the capture of Havana and Fort Morro and its unprecedented amount of treasure. They also captured a number of the Spanish Fleet, which was needed to accomplish their plan. Accordingly, Admiral Pocock returned to England with the main English fleet carrying a portion of the treasure, while Augustus and William Keppel along with their crew and Masonic engineers all sworn to secrecy, manned the 8 Spanish Galleons and the 2 British Man of War. This treasure was diverted to a small island off the coast of New England and Nova Scotia now called Oak Island.

At Oak Island the treasure was buried based on the Masonic “Royal Arch” (Enoch’s Temple) consisting of nine arches going down nine levels by way of a main shaft (The Money Pit) which was dug down to the bedrock. From the ninth level another tunnel was constructed which ran back up to a point above the known water level, roughly 20 feet underground and at this point an enormous cavern was built to hold the treasure. The treasure was carted down the main shaft and placed up into this cavern. To conceal their plot they had the 8 Spanish ships dismantled with all the wooden parts not used in the construction of the shaft, tunnels and cavern burnt and all the metal parts (canons, anchors and bolts) were placed at the bottom of the main shaft. Flood tunnels were built out to the ocean to booby trap any treasure seekers attempts to follow down the main shaft. A large stone was placed at the air lock (8th level) as bait to activate the flooding. This stone had strange engravings on it to entice any unworthy treasure seekers to pause and take the bait (stone) away for deciphering, thus allowing time for the tunnels and main shaft to fill with water and be destroyed forever. The Masons knew exactly by their calculated mark above ground where the treasure cavern below ground was located, and could access it by digging down 20 feet.

Once the treasure was secured in the cavern and all the evidence was hidden from the island, it was documented that the Keppels sailed back to England with 2 ships and a small portion of the treasure. They claimed that the remainder of the fleet had sunk in a hurricane on route.

The Masons left several markers on the island to relocate the treasure.
1 large triangle or more precisely a crude Sextant
2 drilled holed stones
1 large stone cross
These combined markers along with the Star Map are used to cross triangulate and a set degree on the sextant point to the “X” where the cavern is today located.

Is the treasure still in this cavern?

I believe it was removed in 1795

One of the three original discoverers of the Money Pit was Daniel McGinnis, who stated he was drawn to the island when he noticed strange lights appearing on the island just prior to his discovery.
These lights were made by the Freemasons when they returned for their treasure.
This Masonic party was headed up by George Washington, President of the United States – acting Grand Master of the Washington DC Masons.

The treasure’s vast fortune was used, as planned, to further the power of the Freemasons in their new world, with them becoming “The New World Order”.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread