History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sorry but the only thing that I have seen is possibly a Templar coin but even that is not definite. The other coins and what not don't impress me, I might as well be watching "Diggers". Show me advancements towards the vault.

I agree, so hopefully there will be a much bigger more interesting find by the end of the season and not just more what ifs. I'm sure there will have to be what ifs, but if accompanied by a very intriguing find sign me up for season 3!

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I will be watching, I still believe that there IS something of value there, why else would there be all those channels, they serve no other purpose. Also, it is one of the Treasure Legend places that I have actually been to, and walked with my own two feet. :-)

The reason for all those channels is to keep you from finding out there is nothing there....Remember "Dog Chasing His Tail!"
Think about it, Why was the Oak Timbers in the money pit? There was no access hole between levels that I know of, but they back filled between the levels which means the Oak Timbers were added while they were filling it in. Also, the coded stone at 90 feet, supposedly telling you to dig 40 feet deeper. What happens between 90 feet and 130 feet? That was the guarantee that that the flood tunnels would be opened and the end couldn't be reached.

Think about what Daniel McGinnis and his two friends found, a "Circular Depression in the ground and the out reached branch that had either sighs of wear from a rope or a pulley on the branch. Either way, all that
thought and planning and design and they overlooked that obvious feature. I don't buy it! Everything they demonstrated, and people will accept that they were that careless....no, they were not careless, they were counting on....

The Vault is on the island, it's just not in the money pit.....

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Vault"....lol

The Vault is located in a swamp like they said.......the lady told us in the last episode that the tales talk of the beginning of the New Kingdom in the swamp......

And it is swampy for sure.......

So this is something of a hilarious tale at this point........almost every historian has signed onto this post looking to lay reasoning to symbolism.......

fact is throughout all of the Historical fact finding, their symbols aren't being followed as if they were left like a hidden trail.......

If you just look at it like its a treasure, then go follow ALL of the clues in the area......then you will see the big picture......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the symbols as no more then the symbols the crypts & the Bloods etc. paint on bridges .

images2.jpg

Naturally some of the Treasure Hunters over the years were members of clubs,
So instead of saying
index.jpg

they Carved Symbols

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
The "Vault"....lol

The Vault is located in a swamp like they said.......the lady told us in the last episode that the tales talk of the beginning of the New Kingdom in the swamp......

And it is swampy for sure.......

So this is something of a hilarious tale at this point........almost every historian has signed onto this post looking to lay reasoning to symbolism.......

fact is throughout all of the Historical fact finding, their symbols aren't being followed as if they were left like a hidden trail.......

If you just look at it like its a treasure, then go follow ALL of the clues in the area......then you will see the big picture......

?"Historical Fact Finding"?
The only fact that has been presented is the carbon dating of the "Coconut Fibers" which was between 1260 and 1400 AD. That alone limits the possibilities of the "Who done it?"
"Symbolism" is subject to personal interpretation when there is nothing to base it against. I don't think the group that did this had read "Treasure Island" and I don't think that there plan was to
have it found by some poor deserving soul. I think that they were not planning on having it found by anyone else but them. The "Symbols" at best are nothing more than a trail marker.

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If there was no TV show ...

we would probably have so many more answers about what the Laginas have or have not found. It is obvious we are not watching the chronological order of what the Laginas are doing. These are smart men and they are not finding a promising lead drilling on Monday and on Tuesday going off to the swamp. Also, they are not finding a coin or having serious detector hits in the swamp on Tuesday so they go check out 10x on Wednesday.

A lot of things have taken place (positive or negative in the search) that if we knew already there would be no show. It has been noted the Laginas have no desire to be on tv they are focused on the search. So, we are not seeing the Laginas search in its entirety but the story as told by a group of producers that want us to keep turning in each week. If I have a tv show on my channel that is called Where's Waldo and we find him two weeks into filming if I reveal that then I no longer have a show. Not saying Rick and Marty have found "it" yet but if they have made any breakthroughs or setbacks that is not the main priority of the History channel. Jeff Probst knows the winner of survivor before CBS ever airs the first episode but if we knew we wouldn't tune in.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
?"Historical Fact Finding"?
The only fact that has been presented is the carbon dating of the "Coconut Fibers" which was between 1260 and 1400 AD. That alone limits the possibilities of the "Who done it?"
"Symbolism" is subject to personal interpretation when there is nothing to base it against. I don't think the group that did this had read "Treasure Island" and I don't think that there plan was to
have it found by some poor deserving soul. I think that they were not planning on having it found by anyone else but them. The "Symbols" at best are nothing more than a trail marker.

I'm no scientist but considering the Coconut Fibers, are soaked in Saltwater Sand & mud
for all those years, How can they possibly get an accurate reading of age.
I personally would be more inclined to believe the tests are null & void.

As I said though, I'm no scientist

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did they ever extract DNA from a cell of the fibers? I wonder if that would pinpoint its origins and could possibly verify its age. I'm sure there are probably better things to be getting genome info from than coconut fibers though. But what else do botanists have to do? Hah

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Does anyone understand carbon dating? When they carbond date they factor in enviorment. A 140 year is not bad when measuring the loss of radioactive carbons. The only exact is "Eyewitness" and I believe the Templars were a little smarter then that.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Does anyone understand carbon dating? When they carbond date they factor in enviorment. A 140 year is not bad when measuring the loss of radioactive carbons. The only exact is "Eyewitness" and I believe the Templars were a little smarter then that.

I do understand your thoughts on the Sinclair voyage, but it supposedly occurred in 1398, some 91 years after the Templar ships escaped France. Most of these ships were built after 1291 and the average life of a medieval wooden galley with constant repairs would be about 30 years. Although it certainly is possible that new ships were built and there was a later voyage the Order itself was dissolved in 1312.
As for the question on Carbon dating, the only way in which saltwater would effect the results is if the material was subjected to a great depth, and as we know it was not.
cheers, Loki

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does anyone understand carbon dating?

Yes. I do.

I also understand the fibers were taken from under the sands of Smith Cove. So that proves . . . what?

That fibers were on the beach of an island in a bay off the Atlantic. OK.

Does that prove they were placed there deliberately? No.

Could they have been washed up after a storm or shipwreck? Possibly.

Could the ship have wrecked anywhere along the Atlantic coast and a clump of fibers ended up beaching in Smith Cove? Possibly.

Are they still present? Can we see the evidence of them now? No.

It's an island. Where did shiploads and tons of this excavated fiber necessary to make long/deep conduits to "The Pit" go? if it is still there is it in a pattern or channels? Or just a disorganized mat of fibers near the beach?

Last edited:

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I do understand your thoughts on the Sinclair voyage, but it supposedly occurred in 1398, some 91 years after the Templar ships escaped France. Most of these ships were built after 1291 and the average life of a medieval wooden galley with constant repairs would be about 30 years. Although it certainly is possible that new ships were built and there was a later voyage the Order itself was dissolved in 1312.
As for the question on Carbon dating, the only way in which saltwater would effect the results is if the material was subjected to a great depth, and as we know it was not.
cheers, Loki

Okay, at the time of Demoles death the Templars were estimated at about 250,000 knights across Europe and you say they just "Quit". Don't think so, becoming secretive yes....Sinclairs men were just a small percent of the total templars.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Yes. I do.

I also understand the fibers were taken from under the sands of Smith Cove. So that proves . . . what?

That fibers were on the beach of an island in a bay off the Atlantic. OK.

Does that prove they were placed there deliberately? No.

Could they have been washed up after a storm or shipwreck? Possibly.

Could the ship have wrecked anywhere along the Atlantic coast and a clump of fibers ended up beaching in Smith Cove? Possibly.

Are they still present? Can we see the evidence of them now? No.

It's an island. Where did shiploads and tons of this excavated fiber necessary to make long/deep conduits to "The Pit" go? if it is still there is it in a pattern or channels? Or just a disorganized mat of fibers near the beach?

I'm waiting for you to say a "Swallow" carried the coconuts.....so, your saying that the timbers in the "Money pit" is a natural phenominon? The flood tunnels were created by the shifting plates in the earth?
The probability of those things happening as you discribed are slim and if plausible I would exspect fibers to be on more of the almost 300 islands in Mahone Bay and the shoreline of Nova Scotia. Is it just so hard to believe that someone did all this on purpose.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep. It's been so disturbed over the years that anything within 100 ft of the surface is backfill. Prior to that it was likely a glacial sink-hole filled with natural debris.

The diagrams posted around as schematic representations of the shaft and imagined tunnels are just as fanciful as the posts here with maps and stars. Wishful thinking. ALL done after the initial pit was destroyed in frenzied digging.

All those platform timbers "every 10 feet" should be lying around for examination - it's an island and doesn't have garbage pick-up. Where are they?

Who can dig a tunnel now that opened to the sea bit didn't immediately flood? The idea it was a "booby trap" defies explanation. It would have had to have been dug up from the lower pit towards the shore. And now they say the invisible channels culminate 50 yards out in the bay? Hogwash.

This is a dream, shrouded in a farse and buried in a swamp. 200 years of humbuggery.

But that's just my theory. I'll revise it when ANYTHING comes up out of that pit.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey look - I have proof that Hitler used the treasures of the ancient Indis and Hindus to build his war machine and he was secretly a Navaho.

They all used the Swastika.

Junkers_Ju_87_Stuka_Dive_Bomber.jpg
swastika-brick-varanasi-cc-premasagar-200.jpg
Elam_swastika_bowl.jpg

Say - maybe I can get a History Channel show!!

Last edited:

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. It's been so disturbed over the years that anything within 100 ft of the surface is backfill. Prior to that it was likely a glacial sink-hole filled with natural debris.

The diagrams posted around as schematic representations of the shaft and imagined tunnels are just as fanciful as the posts here with maps and stars. Wishful thinking. ALL done after the initial pit was destroyed in frenzied digging.

All those platform timbers "every 10 feet" should be lying around for examination - it's an island and doesn't have garbage pick-up. Where are they?

Who can dig a tunnel now that opened to the sea bit didn't immediately flood? The idea it was a "booby trap" defies explanation. It would have had to have been dug up from the lower pit towards the shore. And now they say the invisible channels culminate 50 yards out in the bay? Hogwash.

This is a dream, shrouded in a farse and buried in a swamp. 200 years of humbuggery.

But that's just my theory. I'll revise it when ANYTHING comes up out of that pit.

You contradict your own argument. You said its disturbed and everything is backfill and then ask where the timbers are. You answered your question before you even asked it.

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010

I am not say the "PIT" didn't start off as a sink hole but "Man" had a hand on filling it back in.
And the question is "Why"?....As I said before, "Archaeologists" hate "Treasure Hunter" because treasure hunters do not examine every aspect, to them that is not important. Only the "Treasure". A "Archaeologist" will examine everything thoroughly and document everything. that's why it takes a "Team" of them so freaking long. If all this is a natural phenomenon, how did the "G" stone get there, or the stone triangle,or the 2 white granite stones with the 1/4 holes in them? The flood tunnels being a "Booby trap" makes perfect sense and the easiest way would have been to build a "Coffers Dam". If I had to devise a way to keep people from finding what I have hidden, I would do exactly what they did. Give them something else to follow, a bogus place if interest to focus their curiosity but yet at the same time make it impossible to get to the end.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread