History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you pretty much nailed it. It smells like the Lagina's need to milk this for all it's worth at this point to at least pay back investors or else they may risk getting sued for fraud. I would suspect early on coins and some other articles could very well have been planted in order to satisfy the needs of getting and keeping investors going. The show seems to based on 95% emotional garbage and very little in the way of historical facts or science. That's what brings viewers. Then the production company can sell more advertising at higher rates. It could very well be they did send cameras and sensors down a long time ago but just edited the shows sequencing and made it look like divers went down before surveys were done to raise the level of drama. Remember when the divers first showed up on the same day they were going to lower some sensors? Why would anyone do that? The logical thing would be to first study it ahead of time to determine the risk/reward then invest in the expense of professional divers. Only have them show up after there has been a chance to properly evaluate the situation. But the film crew has to schedule time on the island and that seems to be the ultimate primary goal, not exploration.

As far as I'm concerned this show is nothing but a scripted drama. Something the production company is good at and uses the same cookie cutter approach to most of it's projects. I would hope there was more to it but I'm done like some other people here.

Didn't the British once occupy this island with a full scale mining operation?? { coal or gold was it??} If this is the case, that would explain holes, shafts and tunnels, as well as objects left on the bottom of them. I do like the show, but the most annoying thing of all is 45 minutes of commercials and 15 minutes of programming.

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of the other show "Finding bigfoot". It just ain't there. A whole series based on the different sounds local wildlife make at night.

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The alleged "treasure" changes all the time. Pirate treasure, The Ark of the Covenant, The Holy Grail, Shakespeare's lost manuscripts (must be pretty wet if they're still down there!) and on and on. Stick to one story, guys. It's starting to come across as total BS now.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oh I forgot the "Shakespeare's lost manuscripts" part. I think we should recommend that they start spinning a yarn that this is the 'real' resting place of Yamashita treasures too. Maybe they'll give us some
script royalities for the show. *L*

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't Count Bacon out Yet!

oh I forgot the "Shakespeare's lost manuscripts" part. I think we should recommend that they start spinning a yarn that this is the 'real' resting place of Yamashita treasures too. Maybe they'll give us some
script royalities for the show. *L*

Sir Francis Bacon.jpg
"Francis Bacon was a certainly a true philosopher when he placed the inscription,"Tempore Patet Occulta Veritas" - 'Time brings forth hidden truth', on the front plate of his Masonic blueprint New Atlantis. And a greater man than Bacon taught us that, 'Time's glory is to calm contending kings, To unmask falsehood, and bring truth to light'. Thus the craftsman should understand that there is a time for all things: a time to sow and a time to reap, a time to hele and a time to reveal. Time is the ultimate arbiter."

mighty_mace

Jun 29, 2007
Schuylkill County, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I enjoyed the show that came on after the Oak Island show more than this whole season. I think it was called Pirate Island, where they investigated some suspected pirate wrecks and pulled up artifacts....porcelain, gold coins, and a gaming token, off the coast of Madagascar. Anyone catch it?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I barley remember Pirate Island,
and if I remember right, it was much more realistic

Did I miss one this past week ?

[video=vimeo;102691798]http://vimeo.com/102691798[/video]

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show has become one big disappointment. I can't even watch it anymore during it's time slot. I record it and watch it the next day. Then I fast forward through most of it, less time wasted that way. The producers should do the same. Season finale maybe, but a grand one not! Worst episode yet in my opinion.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1106123
"Francis Bacon was a certainly a true philosopher when he placed the inscription,"Tempore Patet Occulta Veritas" - 'Time brings forth hidden truth', on the front plate of his Masonic blueprint New Atlantis. And a greater man than Bacon taught us that, 'Time's glory is to calm contending kings, To unmask falsehood, and bring truth to light'. Thus the craftsman should understand that there is a time for all things: a time to sow and a time to reap, a time to hele and a time to reveal. Time is the ultimate arbiter."

there is absolutely not a shred of evidence that Francis Bacon or Shakespeare had anything to do with Oak island. But if you play with any manuscript for long enough you can prove anything under the sun. Conjecture nothing more. Time brings forth mostly lies - big, fat lies esp. when so called reality shows are what we get today. Reality? Now that is just funny.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found some hidden treasures in old works. So far I have seen some really good work put in. Its a shame the producers put known frauds on the show.

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The most annoying thing about this show is the short teasers that they show over and over and over. Well and the "drama" between actors. Can't stand to watch it at all, same formula they use for Alaska Gold. It's too bad, I am sure there has to be 45 minutes of true work and non scripted hunting done over seven days to show us! I come here for updates too see if anything has happened, zzzzzzzzzz.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What! Not another Pirate that cannot "Read or Research"

there is absolutely not a shred of evidence that Francis Bacon or Shakespeare had anything to do with Oak island.

Francis Bacon superbsmall.jpg

I believe that you do Sir Francis Bacon a grave injustice.

One cannot throw a stone on Oak Island Nova Scotia without hitting something that does not have to do with Sir Francis Bacon.

Start with the 3 Charters issued 1609-1620 under The Avalon Project, issuing land grants to Bacon including Oak Island.

This was issued by Bacon's protector, benefactor, and good friend King James I, whom Bacon had just helped finish translating and editing the King's all time best selling "Book".

It was not until 1621 that King James I, then gave "Oak Island" to Scotland's Sir William Alexander a close associate of Bacon, who named the territory Nova Scotia for New Scotland.

It is also of interest that many of the names associated with Nova Scotia were names associated with Sir Francis Bacon

"It is to be noted that the original name of Oak Island was Gloucester Isle; the Duke of Gloucester was the first English patron of masonry and who Bacon immortalized in two of his plays. It is further to be noted that the Bay of Fundy, famed for the world’s highest tides, which bounds the Nova Scotian peninsula at its western extremity. was on the earliest maps called Bay Francoise (Francis's Bay) Further, that great tide races past “The Boar’s Head,” and past Digby, which stands sentinel at Nova Scotia’s western-most boundary. Digby was a close associate of Bacon’s having served as head of the Rosicrucian Society in England after Bacon’s premature “demise”.
A prefatory poem in Digby’s major work, Of Bodies and Souls, whis-pers of “the dawning of the Pig Plot”.
The easternmost boundary of Nova Scotia is Sydney for Sir Philip Sydney, another Bacon friend, whose celebrated work The Countess of Pembroke’s Arcadia gave Nova Scotia its name Acadia. (A rule of Bacon’s key word cipher is that a word or name may be changed by a single letter).
The easternmost and westemmost boundaries of Nova Scotia are further emphasized by Sable Island and Cape Sable. But the most indelible evidence of Bacon’s subtle plan for marking out the boundaries of his New Atlantis lies in the veiled use of the masque name Burton. Cape Breton lies at the eastern end of the Nova Scotia land mass. Breton is an archaic spell-ing for Burton: the block and tackle found hanging from the ancient oak testifies again; a block is, again in archaic terms, a Burton. In very old Masonic handbooks, a man is depicted being lowered into a pit by way of a Burton-block and tackle towards an ark or chest.
The Sable Cape, by the way, refers to the sable stole or cape worn by members of the noble Order of the Garter, in whose foundation and symbolism root connections with alchemy have been traced."

History speaks that there was no man who had more than "anything to do with Oak island" than Sir Francis Bacon.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1106659
But the most indelible evidence of Bacon’s subtle plan for marking out the boundaries of his New Atlantis lies in the veiled use of the masque name Burton. Cape Breton lies at the eastern end of the Nova Scotia land mass. Breton is an archaic spell-ing for Burton: the block and tackle found hanging from the ancient oak testifies again; a block is, again in archaic terms, a Burton. In very old Masonic handbooks, a man is depicted being lowered into a pit by way of a Burton-block and tackle towards an ark or chest.
[/B]

Cape Breton shares latitude with Brittany, which is mostly populated with the ethnic group "Bretons". The Bretons immigrated from Southwestern England and remain among the last vestiges of the ancient Britons. Many Bretons later immigrated to the Americas, predominantly Atlantic Canada.

Digby,Nova Scotia, was named for Admiral Robert Digby, 1732-1815. I believe the Digby you are referring to is Kenelm Digby.

Although Bacon could very well have had an influence on Nova Scotia, I don't think the name of Cape Breton is evidence of it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, how often did Francis Bacon visit Nova Scotia or Oak Island? ;-)

Georgia is named for King George.

Louisiana after King Louis the XIV

Pittsburgh, PA for William Pitt (Earl of Chatham)

None of them came to North America.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, how often did Francis Bacon visit Nova Scotia or Oak Island? ;-)

Georgia is named for King George.

Louisiana after King Louis the XIV

Pittsburgh, PA for William Pitt (Earl of Chatham)

None of them came to North America.

agreed , just mainly hero worship.

hey ! Was Hamburg named after McDonalds ?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And French Fries prove McDonalds was involved in the burning of the Knights Templer leader Jacques de Molay.

Here you can see a whole wall of McDonalds French Fries behind the burning of de Molay (who was without question French and fried!). The key to his treasure is in the contents of every Happy Meal box.

Templars_Burning.jpg

h-mcdonalds-Cheeseburger.png

If you pot your face up to the box and look through the golden arches on St. Bernard's Day (August 20th) the constellation of the Great Cheeseburger will be directly over the spot where something else points to somewhere vague.

And the bun is the SAME COLOR as the little island in the tapestry - more than coincidence? I think not!

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Cape Breton shares latitude with Brittany, which is mostly populated with the ethnic group "Bretons". The Bretons immigrated from Southwestern England and remain among the last vestiges of the ancient Britons. Many Bretons later immigrated to the Americas, predominantly Atlantic Canada.

Digby,Nova Scotia, was named for Admiral Robert Digby, 1732-1815. I believe the Digby you are referring to is Kenelm Digby.

Although Bacon could very well have had an influence on Nova Scotia, I don't think the name of Cape Breton is evidence of it.

You are right!

In fairness to the information supplied in this quote

By:

McKaig, B. (1985). Sir Francis Bacon's New Advancement of Learning Bacon is Shakespeare. Discover England's Theatre Genius. Retrieved April 1, 2013

Mckaig did not state that Digby N.S. was founded by Kenelm Digby only that the name Digby referring to Kenelm was a close friend of Bacon.

Also

That for the name of Cape Breton, he only refers to Breton being a derivative for a Burton which again is a derivative for Block, for the one stated to have been found at Oak Island.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions