Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What bugs the crap out of me watching each week is how quickly they give up on an area to then come back to it episodes later or even the next year. Why not fully explore each area before moving on. Would be much cheaper that way I'd think. Just like a week or two ago on Fred Nolan's land. They dug 1 hole where he says he hit a plate. They didn't find it and left the area..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still wondering if the dive made last week was really done before they
ran the camera down & they are just pretending it happened in this order.

I'm guessing this week,
the diver will come up & claim he was trying to release the piece of drill that is blocking his access.
and can't. & this is why they used the Camera in the first place

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be. I've often wondered if they are cutting and piecing things in different order.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be. I've often wondered if they are cutting and piecing things in different order.

drama :unhappysmiley:

They are pretending He's down there for a Half hour And not saying anything.
and they are pretending they are worried & they didn't Pull him Up ? :tongue3:

Again ... Drama :BangHead:

way tooo Unprofessional for so called Professionals

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also on the show that they put the mini mini sub down there, later during their talks in the war room their diver said he saw no reason to put a diver in the water. Now 2 shows later they are trying to put a different diver down there!! Do they not think we will remember this stuff.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still wondering if the dive made last week was really done before they
ran the camera down & they are just pretending it happened in this order.

I'm guessing this week,
the diver will come up & claim he was trying to release the piece of drill that is blocking his access.
and can't. & this is why they used the Camera in the first place

There was a show on Nova where they were excavating WWI trenches and tunnels in Belgium. At one spot they found an access hatch to a vertical German mine shaft (about 28" around with a metal ladder - what ho!) and tunnel that was used to undermine the French/British lines. It was flooded right up to a few feet from the surface. They sent a TV remote video down 30 meters and filmed all kinds of interesting things. From the looks of what was still on the spool above ground they could have gone down another 30 ot 40 meters. I see similar equipment can be rented, or purchased for around $6,000. We use similar "bore scopes" to feed cameras through public water mains and channels to check for debris. Ours can only do 3 atmospheres, but it includes the little crawler vehicle. Why in God's name would you send a diver down a narrow vertical shaft EXCEPT to try and create some TV Drama and stretch nothing out for multiple episodes?

They have ROVS for sale at Cabela's, for God's sake, that can do live video feed to 75 ft from a boat or under the ice. Bob Ballard filmed the Titanic at 12,000 feet deep with live video. Is a 230 ft deep shaft really that difficult?

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously annoyed with the whole Roman Sword thing they have been periodically showing all season, making it appear,it was something dug or discovered on the island. Nope, just another tease, an old doscovery and one not even from the island. It's enough to make me quit watching,

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another week lost on Hoax Island . . .

But we lap it up and the sponsors are delighted.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another week lost on Hoax Island . . .

But we lap it up and the sponsors are delighted.

I keep forgetting to watch it, or maybe it's just that I quit giving a @$# about this farce long ago. I'll still find them to laugh at them, on youtube or other video hosting site. Don't even have to see commercials that way.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
For all who continue to watch this teevee show and also continue to complain about it.

kickme.jpeg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep thinking something is missing from the Oak Island series; and most History Channel "mocumentaries" . . .

mst3k_vector_sm.jpg

Entertaining and not to be taken seriously.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only thing they have proven to me so far is it is Impossible for Professionals to get to the Bottom of
10x. Visibility there is near Zero.

& Dave Blankenship is full of Crap !

if professional cave divers cant get down there & see.

Blankenship never did either.

I'm even starting to wonder if the under water scenes of the Supposed body
were Filmed elsewhere also.

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be true, but Mr. Blankenship had a different attitude for his quest then these current divers. He was in it for himself, doing research, using his own money, safety be damned or die trying. These guys are just getting paid to do a job.. safely..

Steris001

Greenie
Dec 16, 2015
Sewell NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say it, I really wanted to believe something GREAT was going to be found, Even after my wife beating me up like a nerd in music class for watching this show and talking about "How they are going to change History" the 1st few shows of season 3 were good & Now,,, Now they are jumping all over the place like a cat on a hot tin roof, I don't know where they are going next???? what about the stones in the water last week? what about the void that was found on Fred's property? what about the Stones? its all over the place... now what? they are going to drill in the next two shows and the season is going to end with them finding some more Wood!!! I believe there are 13 shows this season, the next one is the 11th, lets just get it over with, its like watching paint dry, BUT I HAVE TO WATCH!!!! WHY????? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????????????

Steris001

Greenie
Dec 16, 2015
Sewell NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read up that the Sword was brought to the TWO YEARS AGO!!
Seriously annoyed with the whole Roman Sword thing they have been periodically showing all season, making it appear,it was something dug or discovered on the island. Nope, just another tease, an old doscovery and one not even from the island. It's enough to make me quit watching,

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I hate to say it, I really wanted to believe something GREAT was going to be found, Even after my wife beating me up like a nerd in music class for watching this show and talking about "How they are going to change History" the 1st few shows of season 3 were good & Now,,, Now they are jumping all over the place like a cat on a hot tin roof, I don't know where they are going next???? what about the stones in the water last week? what about the void that was found on Fred's property? what about the Stones? its all over the place... now what? they are going to drill in the next two shows and the season is going to end with them finding some more Wood!!! I believe there are 13 shows this season, the next one is the 11th, lets just get it over with, its like watching paint dry, BUT I HAVE TO WATCH!!!! WHY????? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????????????????

I believe that you've answered your own questions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread