The Templars left a map to the treasure!

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
All right everyone, it's time to see an end to the mystery to "Oak Island"! I have see a lot of people dancing around the answer to Oak Island but no one has hit the bullseye. It does me no good to keep it to myself and the people who own the island rights won't talk to me so I guess I will tell everybody. Sir Henry Sinclair, the second Earl of Orkney had unintentionally left something to the world. He had left a map that has no name. A map that has no idenity to the island or it's location. A map with only directions but no clue on how to read it. Until now! Before I tell, I want to know why everyone is believeing the treasure lies at the "Money Pit". Is it the amount of effort that people applied to create it?

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
All right, I sse people looking but not believeing. To understand any of this you have to know the work of Gilbert Hedden. He was a investor in Oak Island in the early 1900's. He believed that the "Map" that was published in a book called "Captain Kidd and his skeleton island" was the map leading to the treasure. The problem was he could not fully understand the map. Gilbert had interviewed the author, Harold T. Wilkens a British a British writer. When asked about the Map wilkins first said it was a complete fabrication, but the references to items on the island and the distance between them was too spot on to be a fabrication. Later Wilkens said that it was a map from a a collection maintained by a person in england, I can't remember his name right off. When Gilbert interview him the maps did not match. So Harold had finally admitted that he must have seen it in the British Museum which is what I believe.
The map in itself looked roughly like "Oak Island", and it had the text (18W and 7E, 30 SW)(14 N, Tree) (7 by 8 by 4). The funny thing is that if you are able to read the map, North is down. You want to know how to solve?

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Well, here is a lot of work for all to see. Maybe I will be remembered when all is done. The first thing you have to do is orient the map "Proper". North is up!
Now looking at the words which are now up side down buy even more it is in reverse. The first thing to do is 7 by 8 by 4! What is that you mare asking, simple!
It's the starting point! look to the "Boat Stone" in Westford Massachusetts, it's the starting point to find the island. It has a late 14th century ship on it with a arrow pointing down and the numbers 184. The "Ship" represents a coastal location. The arrow represents a direction but remember that we had to read the map backwards which means we reverse the directions. The 184 is the distance, "LEAGUES". A "League" was a measurable distance based on how far a person could travel in a hour. 184 is roughly 440 to 800 miles, look for the second stone!

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Ok, well a short from "LastLeg" vote of confidence or vote of scepticism" i'm really not sure. On the north shore of the 2nd pennisula of Nova Scotia there is a stone that hold "Runic" writings whick are not complete. Remember Henry Sinclair was "VIKING"! In a bay that has over 300 islands find the one that looks like the map. TRhis should take a while, Oak island is one of the northern most islands. The stone tells you where to find the island, what do youy do when you have found the island. You find what the map says to find, the "TREE"!!!!!! From there you move 14 rods south to the compus

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Sorry, compass! then move northeast 30 rods but not just anywhere. Lay that 30 rod length so it falls 30 rods east of the west marker and 7 rods west of the east marker. I believe that to be where Mr. Blankenship found the "G" stone. The letter "G" was placed above the entrance of all templar and to this day abvove masonic entrances. It is by the "Cave-In pit" Remember "Solomons Temple" was below temple mound.

TunnelRat

Mar 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Henry Sinclair was a Scottish freemason, not a viking. If he left any "treasure" it would be in a subterranian chamber beneath Rosylyn Chapel.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Henry Sinclair's ancestery was French/Norwegian. The last of the of the Knights Templar and beginning of the Masons. It was his generations that went underground. After the Zeno brothers made the map of the island Henry sent them back. After returning Henry had died defending Scotland, his children created Roslynn Chappel.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Actually it was henry's grandson William Sinclair that created Roslynn Chappel. In the Works "A Memorial to Orkney" the author had said that Henry's voyage to the new world was to retrace the steps of his ancestors.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Dear lord...I don't even know where to begin with this.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
I mean that there are some issues here, and I'd have to type out an itemized list to address them all.

Let's start with Sinclair. He was born two generations after the Templar order had been dissolved. He was not a Templar (and could not have been, as they no longer existed), but I suppose that he could have been an ally of the children and grandchildren of ex-Templars that fled to the Orkneys. But why?

He was a jarl (or earl, if you prefer the anglicized version) and held this title at the pleasure of the king of Norway. This was an important title, and it could be taken away. A jarl/earl was required to be ready to quickly (for the time, anyway) respond to the king in person, with retainers, in order to support him. Jarls admittedly did not always meet expectations; when this happened, the king outlawed them. Outlawry in the lands under Norse influence at that time (to include the Orkneys) was a big deal, as it involved being stripped of all of your land and wealth and required your departure. If you refused to comply, it was not only legal for a free man to kill you, but it was actually his obligation to do so. Taking down a former jarl in a remote part of the kingdom would not be easy, but it happened occasionally in the sagas (Gunnar's rise to glory in Njal's saga comes to mind) and would guarantee not only wealth and honor, but more importantly the friendship and gratitude of the king. Sailing into remote places in order to kill people and take their things was what these people did for fun and profit during that time, and some of them were rather good at it. I would not want to be an outlawed jarl who refused to leave. Somewhat ironically, it was the refusal to leave Iceland after being outlawed that resulted in the death of Gunnar, who I mentioned previously.

Sinclair was not an outlaw because if he had been, it would have been recorded. Thus, we can assume that the king had no reason to dislike him, particularly when some of his family members were bucking for the same title. Therefore, if he disappeared for a year or two, it was with the king's blessing. Such a disappearance is not documented. It's possible that such a record didn't survive until modern times, but it's equally possible that such a record was never made. But why not? There was no reason to hide it. Norsemen and Icelanders had been making journeys to the New World for centuries by that time. It was no secret. Likewise, he'd need a reason to go. If he was hauling treasure for Templars (or Freemasons, or aliens, or whatever), did he tell the king that, or did he come up with another reason? But there's no good reason for a jarl to go on such a long and dangerous voyage himself unless he's personally supervising something of vast importance, so he either told the king or he sent someone else. If he told the king, we must now explain what the king's interest in this venture was. If he sent someone else, Zichmni goes out the window.

So what's going on here? He probably didn't go on his own, but the king doesn't appear to have sent him. There are lots of problems with this, and it's only one part.

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
I really cannot see a 14th century ship in that carving, particularly in the sail and rigging. I would have though the numbers look more like a date- 184* than a direction.

OP
OP
T

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Quality is saved for the Lourve..... The 184 is not a direction but a distance......Think about it!!!!! the "Stone holds the location of the ISLAND!!!!!!!
The map shows the location of the treasure!!!!!!!!!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
yay, it's solved !!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 504

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
You know, adding a line of exclamation marks doesn't make the argument any stronger. It certainly does not make the carving look any more medieval. You do not need quality to estimate age- I suggest you do a little more research into how medieval ships are depicted in popular art before you accept the date given by some to this carving. This website contains a number of graffitti of boats and ships from the Middle Ages on: GRAFFITI GALLERY Sadly I cannot locate a Medieval Ship Depictions for Dummies for you.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you draw me the map so I can better idea of what your saying treasure1822?

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Have you checked Harold Wilkins wiki entry to see the other books he published? He doesn't really sound like a reliable source. And it does look like a made-up map, particularly since you cannot locate the original.
Finally how can you connect any of this to the Templars and Sinclair, which a number of us believe is a modern myth anyway?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions