Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Under all that loose glacial overburden is the type of stuff that likes to dissolve away and cause sinkholes. To whit
The south eastern half of Oak Island is underlain by Mississippian Windsor Group limestone and gypsum while the northwestern part of the island is underlain by Cambro-Ordovician Halifax Formation slate.

Tratt

May 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the season 2 is over. *spoiler* They did actually find something by scanning 10X and by drilling on this season, but as there is no certainty about what the finds are, except some coins, the treasure is still a myth.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Episode(2)They have been rumored to have signed on for 5 more Years with Prometheus!

HISTORY’S THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND REACHES SERIES HIGH

3.1 MILLION VIEWERS IN SEASON TWO FINALE

Unscripted Series is Cable’s Top Program for Night

the-curse-of-oak-island-featured-show-image-AB.jpeg
NEW YORK, NY – January 15, 2015 – The season two finale of HISTORY’s unscripted series THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND (#OakIsland) reached a series high 3.1 million Total Viewers Tuesday evening, making it the number one program on cable for the night in total viewers, as well as Men 25-54 (863,000), according to Nielsen Research. The program, which follows two brothers who employ new technology, recorded history and old-fashioned know-how to attempt to discover one of the greatest treasures ever, also reached a season best 1.4 million viewers among Adults 25-54, placing it as Tuesday night’s top original/non-fiction program in the demo.

In season two of THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND, brothers Rick and Marty Lagina came closer than anyone before them to solving this 200-year-old mystery. Located in the North Atlantic, Oak Island is believed by many to be hiding one of the greatest treasures in history. Since the late 1700s, fortunes have been spent and lives have been lost, but no one has ever been able to crack the code to get at the prize. A local legend says that seven people actively involved in the search must die before the treasure is found. So far, six have perished in accidents across the years. In this season, Rick and Marty upped the stakes after they found a 17th century Spanish coin at the end of season one. This time around, the brothers and their partners brought in experts and researchers from around the world to learn even more about the island's incredible history. They also used that research to find the location of the original Oak Island Money Pit, where they found evidence of what is believed to be an ancient treasure vault. Using scanning sonar, they also verified the existence of mysterious man-made objects and tunnels located at the bottom of a 235 foot shaft, objects that 92 year-old treasure hunter, Dan Blankenship claims he discovered more than forty years ago.

THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND is produced for HISTORY by Prometheus Entertainment. Kevin Burns serves as executive producer for Prometheus. Matt Ginsburg, Mike Stiller and Elaine Frontain Bryant are executive producers for HISTORY.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say that guarantees a 3rd. season

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe next year they will do more episodes!!!

That's a Frightening Thought :unhappysmiley:

They Stretch & repeat everything as it is to make one hour last 3 months :(

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, but it's the only way to maybe see some progress. They were supposedly going to dig in the swamp since the 1st show this year showing them up there in the winter walking on top of the swamp with detection devices. All season and no digging in the swamp. The over seas trip could have been filmed in 1 day but took 2 episodes to show. Same as with the last 2 shows. They were probably filmed in 1 day.. This is why I have asked in a couple of thread if anyone knew how much time do they spend each summer on the island working. Going by the show it's only a couple of weeks at best...

ScubaFinder

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2006
Tampa, FL
Detector(s) used
AquaPulse AQ1B - AquaPulse DX-200 Magnetometer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I believe they spend several months there, but I am not completely sure lately. I know in the past they would spend all summer (the 3 or 4 warm months) there. Like any treasure hunt, they have a lot of government red tape and permitting to do before they can do anything. It's not like they can just drive a backhoe down to the swamp and start digging, they have to appease the environmental, archaeological and engineering groups before they can do anything. I feel their pain but I also understand the need for some oversight. Think what Florida would look like if they turned everyone loose with no regulation. We'd have 20 foot holes every ten feet on the treasure coast alone, excavator sales would be up 500%. :-) If it was as easy as just digging a 235 foot deep hole, Rick and Marty would have already done it. I understand their desire to pinpoint a location and not just dig blindly too. Dig the big hole and miss and you are not only treasure-less, you have lost your show too. Methodically test and verify and your show keeps going whether you find treasure or not. They want to be absolutely sure they have a treasure because only then is it acceptable to end the show. JMO

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deepest I have been was 586 foot on rappel straight down a pit in Lafayette, GA......pitch black, and only a speckle on the rope to tell you how fast you were descending......

The walls disappeared when my beams couldn't penetrate the waterfall and mist..........totally black......

Treasureforce Frog would not have made it through that smaller hole.....even if it was dry......

In My Opinion the whole descent into the Pit was fake....you can tell they will not be playing a fool from here on out,......there is enough fakery going on that you can smell it interactively through the TV

Lets see who they invite back to the Island for the next season.

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goodness Jeff, if you don't like the show, and if the length and/or content bugs you, then why watch it?:dontknow:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The season finale was a huge disappointment. The reality show drama with the two professional divers was unnecessary. When they were side by side within 2 feet of each other and the female diver keep calling to the other who wasn't answering got old fast as his comms equipment was fine as well as his person. Unneeded drama added to a show filled with fluff over two years in an attempt to fill the 1 hour time slots. The ultimate disappointment? Running the radar imaging probe down the 10x drill hole and providing images of the space there. This could have been done in the 1st episode of the series. This along with traveling around the world instead of digging the swamp (that was promised in the 1st episode of the last season), has this show has dropped off my must watch list....

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will eventually have scanned the whole island, and they might find the chance to pull up some hidden caches, as this was clearly the pirate depository that was made as a pick up for the English when they were Pirating the areas.

The crew of Ingram, the 100 men that 'disappeared', while the captain and four of his officers magically appear to claim they were camped in the Oak Island area after Pirating in the Gulf?

There were two stations for these Pirates to use, one in Annapolis Basin and one in Cape Breton, that is known.

and the English would then come through and collect the shares stored there on Oak Island, soon after the pillaging happened, to remain anonymous.

This was on the orders Elizabeth II and her heirs, until the Armada came through. Then the entire Island with the pit was abandoned.

The thing that made Bacon do what he did, was that he took this history in secret to the French house of the Rosicrucian Order and gave these locations to the french captain Champlain to craft into the final trap it is today

It is clear there may still be a chest of Pirate booty laying at the bottom, or an entire catacomb.

But what is clear is that it is flooded to ****,

and the numerous tunnels have been dug and destroyed by dynamite and backfill through years, so its time for the new borehole to be dug next to the Money pit to the bottom this time

something about the core sample bringing up concrete and a vault door made of Iron from the old tales.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions