Season Two - Nov. 4, 2014 9:00 pm

NostraDanis

Feb 16, 2014
The Bluegrass
Primary Interest:
Other
I claim there is nothing there. Nothing has been shown. My proof is that there is no evidence otherwise, and so far I am accurate. Statistically 99.999% of places share this trait.

Who claims something is there? And what has been shown? That is the more extraordinary claim and therefore requires evidence.

I think the island is innocent of holding treasure and will be so until it is proven guilty of holding treasure. ;-)

To be accurate, "nothing has been shown" and "there is no evidence otherwise" are not facts, it is your perspective. There are many who would claim that a variety of things have been found on the island. I'm sure our television brothers would tell you that their Spanish coin is evidence. Their perspective is different than yours.

For example, many might claim that the stone tablet was/is evidence. As we all know, no one can produce that tablet now, which leads to some saying it never existed. They may be right. Others say it was lost. They may be right, also. Could we not say the same for the tablets of the ten commandments? No one has seen those tablets for thousands of years; does that mean, conclusively, that they never existed?

Another example; I don't believe the old story about the block and tackle hanging from the tree. I think there are a lot of problems with that, but my opinion doesn't mean it didn't happen. I am often wrong, ask my wife. But, the speculation is what makes this all fun anyway, right? If we all agreed, there would be no mystery, and that's no fun!

Actually, Charlie, I lean in your direction that there is no treasure on Oak Island. However, I do believe there is some very interesting, very old history in that 'neck of the woods' that is not yet known. If nothing else, Oak Island certainly has a lot of oddities and coincidences that have made many folks believe there's something there.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, lets be honest

We have now a collection of Spanish artifacts including a boot, a pair of scissors, and a coin, some link, and a piece of parchment with romantic styled latin lettering.

Then because of collaborative thinking there has been some discovery of the swamp area as a camping grounds by freshwater to house the many men who dug the pit.......

now we have something like over 100 artifacts already dug and ready for a new discovery on season 2

I think you can contact the Halifax Museum and find out more about the items that were handed over and were sealed in solution.......with salt water or something of a preserving agent, as they were pulled from the icy swamp.......

I am holding a sequenced map that includes locators on numerous islands, all with carved features, that are considered radial points from a central Zero Point

or Cerro Punto, as the Spanish were known to map their troves with.

I also have photos of markings in the final location of what I believe to be the Knights Templar Trove, with a clear match to the clues set in a sequence derived logically.

The confirmation of my clues is also verifiable through some information that I have passed to Finder's Keepers.......It is something that they had already found, but only they knew about it.

My solve dates back to the creation of this area as a distraction pit at Oak Island, and a final resting place in the vicinity in a more secured and less obvious area of Nova Scotia.

The Zero Point takes you to Hobson Island next, and then also leaves a Square Root symbol and a rock map of the area, to let you know what is involved in the retracing of the steps.

You get to Oak Island next

There you see first the sextant/ship stones, and see the angle of inclination,

Where you completely skip the Money Pit (assuming then it wasnt dug out) and you see the holes in the two rocks....they point in the same direction as the sextant /ship stones

If you were stupid enough to be looking for the Pirate Treasure, then you dug, and when you found the stones.....if translated in English, went straight down 40 feet to activate the flood gates

If you saw the Key Word on the bottom left hand of the stone......HALLADO...or 'discovered' or 'found', you would know to look for a better translation in spanish.......

These stones with holes are navigational points of direction, to guide you to the far cornerstone of the map you are drawing as you chart from one island to the next, on the map you previously saw on Hobson Island

This crosses an area of Nova Scotia to an Island, where you get the first clue of what you are actually looking for....The menorah is etched into the rock.....and the cornerstone has the old masonic square and compass.....

there you hit land to hike to a point that requires something of a knowledge of this legend to decipher the last of the clues.

what I mean by this is that you have to have the Peralta Stones with you........

No ****.....the Peralta Stones overlay on the area, and you can see where EVERY SINGLE LINE CARVED IS TRANSPOSED INTO THE TERRA FORMED AREA.

Complete with the Circular rocks that look like rings on the Peralta Stones.....even the finest details of the words written on the stones are transposed into the side of the tree lines.....

It is so real too, by seeing that the area where they landed, was cut into the rock to create two dry dock areas, for building ships.

the rest of the discovery leads you to find both a massive trove and a tomb with artifacts........spain laid DUAL CIPHERS for these in both in the Superstitions of Arizona for the Church of Santa Fe, the First Church in North America, and then the Beloved was also buried in the Nova Scotia, while they continued to establish their empire in secret.

The problem with this theory is that how did they get these to this area without the British knowing?.......they were trying to control the entire area to seize ships and the majority of the colonies in the early 1700's were filled with stories of these Pirating adventures......

The Spanish did all this digging and troving BEFORE the English sent their colonists here.

Its like they created so much of this country, mined huge and vast gold stores, and looted temples and artifacts from the Natives......then Buried tons of it here, left a trail to follow, and left their religious martyrs grave and his shrines entombed here....

This is some ancient mystery for sure......time to have the answers.....

If you want to trade pics.....Hit me up on PM......or email me....I just dont want to go ballistic and lead anyone right there to the end......its truly amazing

so much was stolen from them I guess, that the Spanish left them probably one of the Greatest Royal Secrets to hunt as a mystery

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tanto Montana is etched into the Coronation Sword of Spain.

The Peralta Stones lead you to a location in the Tonto Mountains.......

Where a Mountain of money is hidden as well....

HMMMMMMMMM

is it that hard to see it as a Spanish trove yet, when the stones overlay like magic.....

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We'll just have to wait for the last episode of season two for it all to be revealed. (Actually, I don't get the History Channel so you'll have to tell me).

But I bet they're not going to say on Nov 4th: "We didn't find squat in 10 weeks, and this time one of the camera crew didn't toss a coin he bought for $20 on ebaY in to guarantee another season of filming to pay his salary and benefits so I guess we can pack up and the landowners owners can now sell the island to a developer of condominiums."

Coin Value: Spain Spanish Colonial Copper Cobs (Philip IV) 1621 to 1665

Then they can go back to finding ghosts and swamp creatures for the "History" channel.

O

Old Silver

We'll just have to wait for the last episode of season two for it all to be revealed. (Actually, I don't get the History Channel so you'll have to tell me).

But I bet they're not going to say on Nov 4th: "We didn't find squat in 10 weeks, and this time one of the camera crew didn't toss a coin he bought for $20 on ebaY in to guarantee another season of filming to pay his salary and benefits so I guess we can pack up and the landowners owners can now sell the island to a developer of condominiums."

Coin Value: Spain Spanish Colonial Copper Cobs (Philip IV) 1621 to 1665

Then they can go back to finding ghosts and swamp creatures for the "History" channel.

You just displayed the reason why I chose to jump into this discussion. First you say you don't believe because they haven't found any treasure. Then you say they planted something they supposedly found. You said the island is innocent of treasure until proven guilty, but then, there can be no proof for you, because everything would be a hoax. I can't disagree with you about TV shows, but this, once again, shows the mindset of skeptics. "Show us proof." "Yeah, something was found, but it was planted." There's just no such thing as proof for some people.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One coin found along the shore does not a "treasure" make. Even assuming it's been there some time it could have been a casual pocket drop from a fisherman (American, Canadian, Acadian, British, Portuguese, etc.) who pulled ashore to fill a water jug. Or the coin sailors put under the mast of a small boat that drifted away in the Azores and washed up in Nova Scotia. That island is between two forts that were active in the Seven Years War - any number of sentries or troop movements may have passed over and around Oak Island.

Finding something buried and we'll revisit it.

O

Old Silver

One coin found along the shore does not a "treasure" make. Even assuming it's been there some time it could have been a casual pocket drop from a fisherman (American, Canadian, Acadian, British, Portuguese, etc.) who pulled ashore to fill a water jug. Or the coin sailors put under the mast of a small boat that drifted away in the Azores and washed up in Nova Scotia. That island is between two forts that were active in the Seven Years War - any number of sentries or troop movements may have passed over and around Oak Island.

I agree with that. So why did you mention it as part of the hoax?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I said that was not something we would hear during the first episode of season two. No matter what they found it has to stretch twenty episodes or whatever a season runs.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I claim there is nothing there. Nothing has been shown. My proof is that there is no evidence otherwise, and so far I am accurate. Statistically 99.999% of places share this trait.

Who claims something is there? And what has been shown? That is the more extraordinary claim and therefore requires evidence.

I think the island is innocent of holding treasure and will be so until it is proven guilty of holding treasure. ;-)

OR; "hoarding"...

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo

Going along with that, the discovery of Spanish coins on or near the shore in that part of the world is not unheard of. It may not have been a person that placed it there. The ocean may have done the job.

Assuming that it wasn't planted for sensational television (and at this point, I'm willing to believe that it wasn't), it proves that there was a Spanish coin found in Nova Scotia - nothing more, and nothing less. It was not the first and it won't be the last. By itself, it means little. It did make for good TV though. Of course, we have to at least consider that it might have been planted, even though I don't personally think that it was. It was an inexpensive and commonly available coin. I know that I've joked in the past about seeding a local park with cheap Roman grots in order to troll people, and that was just as a gag - there was no money involved. Money is involved here. Have there been other gags in the past?

Interestingly enough, it doesn't dovetail all that nicely with most of the theories about what might be at Oak Island either, but people got excited about it all the same. It does sort of fit with the original theory - pirate treasure - but that theory doesn't appear to be fashionable anymore. It's this sort of thing that keeps us skeptics...well, skeptical; it seems that whatever evidence turns up at any given period in time is evidence that supports the most popular theory, and when the theory changes, so does the evidence. The process is supposed to work the other way around.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
even though it really doesn't prove anything, I can think of several reasons to Plant & find a Coin at the end ,
& the if in fact it was found at the End, makes it even more Suspect to me.

If it was found early on & held back till the last episode,
that is a different story. But to all of a sudden, when something is needed
to prove everyone isn't wasting their time, it shows up for last minute Drama ...:icon_scratch:
Yes I can see the reason for suspicion

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no scientific proof that treasure does not exist in my cellar, either. You can't prove dinosaurs didn't play poker with Martians. You can only prove positives with facts or evidence, not negative outcomes. Just as you can't prove the Sun will be there tomorrow just because it has been there so far.

BUT, you can prove treasure exists at Oak Island by finding it. No other way.

And how many people reading this thread are actively looking?

I'll bite on this one a little bit.

If there is no scientific proof that treasure doesn't exist in your cellar that means that it is possible.

But science could be used to prove there is no treasure in your basement and it could conclude a negative and end the possibility factor.

Just like science could be used to disprove there is no treasure on Oak Island. While it might not be practical or financially worthwhile, it is possible.

We are not talking about an abstract like your other "taunts".

We do know from factual events that "men" have buried treasure. Some of these buried/hidden treasures have been recovered.

So in the realm of science we can make the assumption that there is buried/hidden treasure somewhere.

Could some of that treasure be on Oak island? Possibly.

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While in the context of Oak Island I was excited about the Maravedi being found.

But with my knowledge of Spanish coins I know better to think it's evidence to a cache.

Spanish coinage was world currency so it doesn't mean that the coin was even lost or placed there by a Spaniard.

With my experience in television and film I know that scenes aren't filmed chronologically to the storyline.

Could the finding of the Maravedi been edited to the benefit of "the show", sure.

Like the rules of Tnet and my personal belief, I will take the truthfulness of the Maravedi find for what was shown until PROVEN otherwise.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While in the context of Oak Island I was excited about the Maravedi being found.

But with my knowledge of Spanish coins I know better to think it's evidence to a cache.

Spanish coinage was world currency so it doesn't mean that the coin was even lost or placed there by a Spaniard.

With my experience in television and film I know that scenes aren't filmed chronologically to the storyline.

Could the finding of the Maravedi been edited to the benefit of "the show", sure.

Like the rules of Tnet and my personal belief, I will take the truthfulness of the Maravedi find for what was shown until PROVEN otherwise.

Well since the people on this show are in the Public Eye, on TV no Less.
and as far as I know, are not discussing it here with us,
the rules of Tnet don't apply

so I'm taking the Maravedi find with a Whole pound of Morton Salt :laughing7:

Morton-Salt-photo-by-flickr-user-_nickd.jpg

and believe the find was staged for several reasons.

#1. to make the Old guy happy all his years searching wasn't in vein.

#2. To keep the audience tuning in

#3. drama

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw Marty and Rick using Ground Radar on the frozen ice in the swamp , so they did take my advice . I just wonder if they will give me the credit. Time will tell.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just saw Marty and Rick using Ground Radar on the frozen ice in the swamp , so they did take my advice . I just wonder if they will give me the credit. Time will tell.

the signals they "Claimed" To have found seemed way too big to have been from a coin.
and Like detecting a Chain, & you only get a signal on one link.
Detecting a pile of Coins could be like Detecting one coin.

So I believe whatever gave off the signal has to be very Large.

The Fact they are out there on frozen ice, makes me believe they didn't make that up too.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What they picked up as gold and silver was stones made of magnetite. We have them at our site in New Ross, NS. just 15 miles away. On our TV show we had the same thing happen. I still believe what they located was a camp fire site and that's how the stones made it out there. The coin found would be from someone camping at the pond of drinking water, before it was a swamp.

Last edited:

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a preview aired today they showed them out on the ice. I presume in the swamp. One thing that I noticed was one of the indicators on the data screen is a split circle. The top half of the circle is "NON" the bottom half is "FE" which would be an indicator of the signal being ferrous or non-ferrous. This preview showed both halves of the indicator on as "non FE".

Now if I recall when they were in the swamp-water last season the signal only showed indication of the lower half "FE" I thought that maybe it wasn't actual scene footage and just a cut scene. The post processing scene definitely showed what they had detected as non-ferrous. I don't know.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
according to my DVR Schedule it starts tomorrow night

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the 1715 fleet we have some ballast stones that we call hot rocks. But we're running full hot pulse detectors.

I thought the advanced equipment being used should be able to discriminate much better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread