Season Two - Nov. 4, 2014 9:00 pm

littleneckhalfshell

Jun 21, 2005
The Curse of Oak Island - Episodes, Video & Schedule - HISTORY.com now showing that the premier of Season Two of the Curse of Oak Island will begin Tuesday November 4th at 9:00 pm Eastern Time.

Saw a plug for it last night and posted on an older thread, but confirmed it on the History Channel site this morning.
Can't wait. I do hope that they found something more, but for those of you who think nothing is there, explain for me one thing. 'Why would there be coconut fiber and the elaborate water drain system if there was no treasure?'

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The Curse of Oak Island - Episodes, Video & Schedule - HISTORY.com now showing that the premier of Season Two of the Curse of Oak Island will begin Tuesday November 4th at 9:00 pm Eastern Time.

Saw a plug for it last night and posted on an older thread, but confirmed it on the History Channel site this morning.
Can't wait. I do hope that they found something more, but for those of you who think nothing is there, explain for me one thing. 'Why would there be coconut fiber and the elaborate water drain system if there was no treasure?'

FK in it...?

rowanns

Jan 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Here's something that's been bugging me for a bit. If the water level has risen over the centuries, which it has here in Nova Scotia, where would the openings for those drains actually have been physically in relation to the water's edge? And would the swamp have actually been dry rather than what it is right now?

OP
OP
L

littleneckhalfshell

Jun 21, 2005
from what I can tell from the following, the main sea level rise would have been after the Oak Island at then from the late 19th century (1890) or so.
the rate is then 2.1 mm per year, so in the years from 1890 to present (125 years) mean sea level would have risen { 2.1mm X 125 = 262.5mm} or 10.33 inches
that would be on top of the 400 years of increase from the stable period of 950 to the next stable period 1350 which only adds an additional 9.5 inches
{400 X 0.6 mm = 240} So if the Oak Island trap was built as early as AD 950 we are only talking less than two feet and tides in that area carry from low to high by maybe 4 feet or more, I would think that there would be no problem for the water system to work. As to the swamp, many swamps exist above sea level, so storm surge and rainwater alone could account for the swamp. If the coconut fiber is not for a drain system, what other logical or non logical reason is there for it being there so far from any coconut trees?

Climate related sea-level variations over the past two millennia
""We present new sea-level reconstructions for the past 2100 y based on salt-marsh sedimentary sequences from the US Atlantic coast. The data from North Carolina reveal four phases of persistent sea-level change after correction for glacial isostatic adjustment. Sea level was stable from at least BC 100 until AD 950. Sea level then increased for 400 y at a rate of 0.6 mm/y, followed by a further period of stable, or slightly falling, sea level that persisted until the late 19th century. Since then, sea level has risen at an average rate of 2.1 mm/y, representing the steepest century-scale increase of the past two millennia. This rate was initiated between AD 1865 and 1892. Using an extended semiempirical modeling approach, we show that these sea-level changes are consistent with global temperature for at least the past millennium.""

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The show is a huge bunch of bull. I watched all last season and it got more and more ridiculous. Who knows what the fibers were and if they were in some sort of drainage system ... They fabricate findings to fit their ludicrous theories. Coconut fibers would have long been decomposed.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The show is a huge bunch of bull. I watched all last season and it got more and more ridiculous. Who knows what the fibers were and if they were in some sort of drainage system ... They fabricate findings to fit their ludicrous theories. Coconut fibers would have long been decomposed.

ANGEL HAIR from UFO's!

OP
OP
L

littleneckhalfshell

Jun 21, 2005
in response to Gaspipe, saying that the coconut fibre would have decomposed, I submit the following...

""The only natural fiber resistant to salt water, coir is used to make nets for shellfish harvesting and ropes for marine applications. Highly resistant to abrasion, coir fibers are used to make durable floor mats and brushes."" Coir = Coconut fiber and the fibers were shown on the show under investigation using an electron microscope to indeed match the distinctive nature of Coconut fiber.

Read more: How coir is made - material, making, history, used, processing, product, industry, machine, History, Raw Materials, The Manufacturing Process of coir, Byproducts/Waste, The Future

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in response to Gaspipe, saying that the coconut fibre would have decomposed, I submit the following...

""The only natural fiber resistant to salt water, coir is used to make nets for shellfish harvesting and ropes for marine applications. Highly resistant to abrasion, coir fibers are used to make durable floor mats and brushes."" Coir = Coconut fiber and the fibers were shown on the show under investigation using an electron microscope to indeed match the distinctive nature of Coconut fiber.

Read more: How coir is made - material, making, history, used, processing, product, industry, machine, History, Raw Materials, The Manufacturing Process of coir, Byproducts/Waste, The Future

For God's sake they are on an island coconuts and fibers are in backbay estuary's everywhere. As I said a bunch of bull to suck in viewers. If they find any treasure I'll eat a coconut whole and post it on You-Tube.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Like I gave you was for The Post & reminder of season Two :thumbsup: Thanks :thumbsup:

Not because I believe there is anything in the Pit :tongue3: just saying 8-)

I also believe the coin find was a plant by someone in order to have reason to film season 2. however it wouldn't surprise me if there is something of Value lost or hidden on the Island somewhere.
but Nobody spends the time needed to build
a Pit so Deep with Booby Traps So complicated to hide anything.
it would take several Lifetimes (or more professional Miners then can Fit on the Island
at one time to build it. :laughing7: (too many cooks)

The exception would be Aliens or Merlin the Magician :tongue3:

sorry :unhappysmiley: I had to say my Piece

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

littleneckhalfshell

Jun 21, 2005
again, I will reply to gaspipe: Coconut palms DO NOT grow north of Florida on the North American East Coast. I look forward to the show whatever they find or don't find. Please do a little bit of research before you make broad statements like "they are on an island coconuts and fibers are in backbay estuary's everywhere."

Anyway, since this has devolved into a thread beyond the original information listing the Second season, I will end my participation since it seems just to be a place to vent 'hot air'.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
again, I will reply to gaspipe: Coconut palms DO NOT grow north of Florida on the North American East Coast. I look forward to the show whatever they find or don't find. Please do a little bit of research before you make broad statements like "they are on an island coconuts and fibers are in backbay estuary's everywhere."

Anyway, since this has devolved into a thread beyond the original information listing the Second season, I will end my participation since it seems just to be a place to vent 'hot air'.

Common now this is a forum with many Opinions & yours is as welcome as everyone Elses.

You asked
'Why would there be coconut fiber and the elaborate water drain system if there was no treasure?'

Couldn't the coconut fiber just be from many years of ships dumping for some Reason collecting there due to wave or suction action ?
or even someone trying to block the water after the breakthrough.

and couldn't the "elaborate water drain system" be natural Underground Rivers & springs. ?

they exist everywhere. it is from which wells are created right ?

Just saying nothing is Black & white

& your opinions on the island & pit are as good and welcome as Ours :thumbsup:

Last edited:
O

Old Silver

but Nobody spends the time needed to build
a Pit so Deep with Booby Traps So complicated to hide anything.
it would take several Lifetimes (or more professional Miners then can Fit on the Island
at one time to build it. :laughing7: (too many cooks)

I agree with you. But that leaves a huge question. The deep pit is there, so it was built for something. What was it?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you. But that leaves a huge question. The deep pit is there, so it was built for something. What was it?

Treasure Hunters who are convinced the Last treasure Hunters were on to something

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Spock" said it best when it comes to "Coconut Fiber" on "Oak Island"

Coconut Migration.gif

“… when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth…”

If the coconut fibers were used in the construction of the “Oak Island Money Pit” and “Tunnels” then “Logic” would dictate that those Druids, Vikings, Knight Templar, and any other proposed participant prior to the 18th Century would have to be eliminated unless they portaged their vessels or had the ability to transport coconut fiber from the East Indies.
The use throughout the Pit and Tunnels of Coconut Fiber would prove that no construction earlier than the 1700 ad could have been possible.
Coconut Trees were only introduced outside of Malaysia after 1550 ad and the Coconut Fiber was not possible for use until the latter part of 1600’s with no known industry producing the coconut fiber in the Atlantic regions.

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/...n=regions&region_ID=7&page=spread&ref=coconut

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There may be no treasure, but there is a big hole in the ground that was evidently made by humans.

humans with allot of Money ,and not necessarily all their own :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also take notice at some point, someone decided what they thought was the Original Money Pit,
wasn't good enough so they moved to another undug spot & started a second hole :laughing7:

how many More are there ? :tongue3:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
MAYBE, Oak Island is simply a sanctuary for survivors to go to & survive a "war" (STAR WAR) millions of years, ago. Oceans were lower, entrance now underwater was ABOVE ocean level, then. MAYBE, "Money Pit" is nothing more than an AIR VENT! Dunno... bring on the Wookies! Descendants are Big Foot family in Canada!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAYBE, Oak Island is simply a sanctuary for survivors to go to & survive a "war" (STAR WAR) millions of years, ago. Oceans were lower, entrance now underwater was ABOVE ocean level, then. MAYBE, "Money Pit" is nothing more than an AIR VENT! Dunno... bring on the Wookies! Descendants are Big Foot family in Canada!

Yea maybe the Fuel Port for spaceship Earth :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions